HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 08, 2012, 10:27 AM
President @ Acadian RC Club
Lafayette, Louisiana
Joined Dec 2005
1,233 Posts
oh and Happy Easter to all of you! Now get back to the family stuff and we will do RC stuff the other 364 days of the year...oops 355... reserved 10 for Holidays
jonathan7x70 is offline Find More Posts by jonathan7x70
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 08, 2012, 11:34 AM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7x70 View Post
oh and Happy Easter to all of you! Now get back to the family stuff and we will do RC stuff the other 364 days of the year...oops 355... reserved 10 for Holidays
correction....365 days. Leap year this year so one extra day of flying! what a nice weekend around here this weekend. I'm about to go fly in the front yard...again!
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Apr 08, 2012, 03:08 PM
President @ Acadian RC Club
Lafayette, Louisiana
Joined Dec 2005
1,233 Posts
Ordered the CCP Ice 100 & the programming plug.
jonathan7x70 is offline Find More Posts by jonathan7x70
Old Apr 08, 2012, 09:54 PM
Panama City, Fl
Joined Jan 2009
458 Posts
For those of you who are using the Omega 3" carbon spinner on your gassers, what size and where can I find the spinner bolt?

I have the spinner but I haven't been able to source a bolt that'll work.

BTW, flew 7 more flights on Saturday. Almost gone through my first gallon of gas. This airframe and being my first gasser is a lot of fun and the motor sounds and runs great.

I also broke loose a cowl attach point and lost a cowl screw and washer. The screws are 2-56 xsomething length right? I gotta find some spares and some nylon or rubber washers.

Thanks for help,

Joe
motojoe996 is offline Find More Posts by motojoe996
Old Apr 09, 2012, 02:07 AM
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Jul 2010
3,496 Posts
wondering is there any way to get the DLE30 totally under the cowling?
Elios000 is offline Find More Posts by Elios000
Old Apr 09, 2012, 02:08 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elios000 View Post
Not that I am aware of...

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Apr 09, 2012, 08:50 AM
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Mar 2011
707 Posts
Fastenal might have one that works,its tough to find a 4mm x 75 or longer. I had to use a long nut with a stud to extend the mounting hole on the engine, then I used a 4mm x 65 cap head bolt. Its a little rigged... I'm sure you could find one online somewhere though

Quote:
Originally Posted by motojoe996 View Post
For those of you who are using the Omega 3" carbon spinner on your gassers, what size and where can I find the spinner bolt?

BTW, flew 7 more flights on Saturday. Almost gone through my first gallon of gas. This airframe and being my first gasser is a lot of fun and the motor sounds and runs great.

I also broke loose a cowl attach point and lost a cowl screw and washer. The screws are 2-56 xsomething length right? I gotta find some spares and some nylon or rubber washers.

Thanks for help,

Joe
nebwake is offline Find More Posts by nebwake
Old Apr 09, 2012, 09:11 AM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motojoe996 View Post

Thanks for help,

Joe
Fastenal for my spinner bolts...special order, but arrive the next day...not expensive...we have a local Fastenal store in Knoxville so i just stop by...not sure where to order from online.

For the cowl bolts...I just use a standard 4/40 bolt with blind nut installed into the wood tab. I use a standard steel washer...but I put a slice (small donut) of regular GLOW fuel tubing (silicone) on the bolt so it's compressed by the washer. I use this on ALL of my giant scale planes...the bolts NEVER back off and it's something I could do without having to find and purchase rubber-backed washers.

Quote:
No.
Bivens is offline Find More Posts by Bivens
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 09, 2012, 09:59 AM
Panama City, Fl
Joined Jan 2009
458 Posts
Thanks for the replies.
4-40 is not the original size for the cowl screws right? I already have the original blind nuts installed. Good idea on using fuel tubing!
I'll check out fastenal, but a 4mm x 75 should do, eh?
motojoe996 is offline Find More Posts by motojoe996
Last edited by motojoe996; Apr 09, 2012 at 11:04 AM. Reason: edited for english. big thumbs...
Old Apr 09, 2012, 01:11 PM
Watts is where its at!
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Oct 2004
1,743 Posts
@motojoe996 My kit appears to be all metric. M2 & M3 fasteners. Extra blind nuts and screws are in one of the hardware bags.

You want to track down some #4 "bonded washers". McMaster Carr doesn't carry that size so you have to go to a specialty supplier:
http://rtlfasteners.com/RC/bw4.html
http://www.microfasteners.com/catalo...ts/WASFWRB.cfm
racerxky is offline Find More Posts by racerxky
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 09, 2012, 01:23 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerxky View Post
@motojoe996 My kit appears to be all metric. M2 & M3 fasteners. Extra blind nuts and screws are in one of the hardware bags.

You want to track down some #4 "bonded washers". McMaster Carr doesn't carry that size so you have to go to a specialty supplier:
http://rtlfasteners.com/RC/bw4.html
http://www.microfasteners.com/catalo...ts/WASFWRB.cfm
Those washers are also called "sealing" washers.....

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Apr 09, 2012, 01:32 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,187 Posts
Quote:
the closest you could get is with a canister and a header... put the cylinder to one side... you'll have to put a hole in the side for the plug and maybe the very top of the head, but not much will be sticking out if at all. also note, once you've fully enclosed the engine, cooling airflow then becomes an issue. the way we have ours mounted there's no extra concern for the cooling...
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Apr 09, 2012, 04:05 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,447 Posts
GT 33 runs GREAT. 5 more flights today....total of 6 now with a reasonable tune on it....it is starting to rip the 18x8 prop....over 8000rpm. I'm able to lean the low end a little too...runs so nice. VERY good throttle response....very clean and consistent idle.

Anybody want to buy my DLE that has 40 flights on it? I have the omega can also. $225 for the DLE...throw in $40 more if you want the can. I've also got two props drilled and balanced for the DLE....Vess 19a and 20a.....$15 each. Of course these prices are all shipped or delivered to SEFF or NALL. PM if interested. I did use the DLE standoffs for mounting the OS...so you won't get those...

DLE ran good but not great. It hurt my feelings to chunk down the cash for the OS but....in the end I've come to the same conclusion here that I did on the DLE111 vs. DA120 game.....I just have really high standards for engine performance and that costs more $$....simple. I'm happy with the OS....for sure.

That being said, the DLE30 is not bad either....it just never gave me the confidence to take it to a fly in and have Wamsy or Joe or KM wring it out on the deck....but I don't think its fully broken in yet either as it was still blowing black slime.
Bivens is offline Find More Posts by Bivens
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 09, 2012, 05:41 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Joined May 2005
6,449 Posts
Quote:
I made my DLE30 fit inside the cowling by selling it to a local club member for exactly enough $$$ to buy a Motrolfly 5320.

Several problems solved, including cutting holes in the beautiful cowling.
G.P. is offline Find More Posts by G.P.
Old Apr 09, 2012, 06:29 PM
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Jul 2010
3,496 Posts
yea im really thinking of going e power but i REALLY would love to have smoke
and i have every thing for epower
eh bday is coming up see what cash i get + what i can sell the engine and air frame i have now for
Elios000 is offline Find More Posts by Elios000