HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 06, 2012, 11:58 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
the timed ignition is probably the biggest drawback... the controlled detonation triggered from the other side of the swing...
And that too.....

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 07, 2012, 09:54 AM
President @ Acadian RC Club
Lafayette, Louisiana
Joined Dec 2005
1,241 Posts
Well.... It finally happened... I lost a plane. My first time in 22 years of flying I cant even find 1 part of it! I looked for 2 days... cant find it. Was kinda flying far away when I pulled back little to hard and entered a high speed stall... the plane was just about recovered when it went below the tree line and never saw it again!

Oh well... when some you loose some!
jonathan7x70 is offline Find More Posts by jonathan7x70
Old Apr 07, 2012, 10:27 AM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,510 Posts
Gt33 runs REALLY good. Cut 0.7" off my standoffs. Same bolt pattern. Needles are more sensitive compared to DLE. Too lean on flight 1. Backed up to get it rich and snuck up on a good HS needle setting.

I really like this little engine!
Bivens is offline Find More Posts by Bivens
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 07, 2012, 10:32 AM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
United States, NY, Alfred
Joined Apr 2009
7,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7x70 View Post
Well.... It finally happened... I lost a plane. My first time in 22 years of flying I cant even find 1 part of it! I looked for 2 days... cant find it. Was kinda flying far away when I pulled back little to hard and entered a high speed stall... the plane was just about recovered when it went below the tree line and never saw it again!

ugh!!! don't give up. that sucks dude. I swam out into NY harbor for one of my planes. never leave one behind!
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Old Apr 07, 2012, 10:37 AM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens View Post
Gt33 runs REALLY good. Cut 0.7" off my standoffs. Same bolt pattern. Needles are more sensitive compared to DLE. Too lean on flight 1. Backed up to get it rich and snuck up on a good HS needle setting.

I really like this little engine!
I knew you would.
jsmith285 is offline Find More Posts by jsmith285
Old Apr 07, 2012, 10:38 AM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg View Post
ugh!!! don't give up. that sucks dude. I swam out into NY harbor for one of my planes. never leave one behind!
So that's what happened
Old Apr 07, 2012, 10:40 AM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
United States, NY, Alfred
Joined Apr 2009
7,692 Posts
that was basically Joe's fault. you guys posted those pics of him skimming the super vyper tail through some puddles. I thought I was good enough to try it with a massive body of saltwater. I was not.
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Old Apr 07, 2012, 11:00 AM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,731 Posts
Quote:
that was basically Joe's fault. you guys posted those pics of him skimming the super vyper tail through some puddles. I thought I was good enough to try it with a massive body of saltwater. I was not.
It would of made some really cool pictures if you could of pulled it off.
Old Apr 07, 2012, 11:49 AM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
I came across an interesting servo on HK's site today: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...1kg_08sec.html
It has the same size dimensions, and almost the same speed specs as the Savox 1258tg (http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SC1258...avsc1258tg.htm)

Interesting...
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 07, 2012, 01:44 PM
Hooked on 3DHS
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Nov 2009
908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by -= GYRO =- View Post
I came across an interesting servo on HK's site today: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...1kg_08sec.html
It has the same size dimensions, and almost the same speed specs as the Savox 1258tg (http://www.savoxusa.com/Savox_SC1258...avsc1258tg.htm)

Interesting...
Never tried the hk servos but i would guarantee that they do not perform as well as the savox. And after shipping from china would come out to be a lot closer in price. Lost a lot of planes and hindered a lot of progress with their sub par performance when they do work. Only exception for me is the hxt900 vs the hs55.
lammbn is online now Find More Posts by lammbn
Old Apr 07, 2012, 02:08 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7x70 View Post

Quote:
Oh Man!!... Sorry to hear this...but as Irg said...don't give up...find that sucker! I was in the same situation many years ago, and I went to a local airport and paid one of the flight schools $35.00 to fly me over the area where the plane was...yup..I found it...right in the middle of one of the largest bramble bush I had ever seen....I got it out, but sure got torn up doing it....

One last thing....from what I have heard of the pollution in New York Harbor...I don't think even a downed plane would get me to swim in it....of course I have never been there...so..maybe it's not as bad as what I have heard....

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 07, 2012, 02:11 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,681 Posts
One Hobby King engineer to another...... Hey...let's grab a motor, a control board, some gears, and a plastic case and call it a servo...make it really, really cheap, and a bunch of schmucks will buy them.....doesn't matter if they work ...our support suck anyway......

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 07, 2012, 02:13 PM
The Twisted Elf
USA, NJ, Trenton
Joined Nov 2010
453 Posts
ahh yeah the new york harbor is as bad as you heard,
sorry for the loss ,hate when you cant find a plane
lugnutz is offline Find More Posts by lugnutz
Old Apr 07, 2012, 02:17 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnutz View Post
ahh yeah the new york harbor is as bad as you heard,
sorry for the loss ,hate when you cant find a plane
And what get's me, is that I see videos of people fishing in it....hopefully they're just doing catch and release....if it really is that bad, I sure don't think I would want to eat anything that came out of there....

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 07, 2012, 02:26 PM
The Twisted Elf
USA, NJ, Trenton
Joined Nov 2010
453 Posts
general rule of thumb is to catch and release but there are people who dont,thats why new yorkers are the way they are
lugnutz is offline Find More Posts by lugnutz