Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 05, 2012, 09:16 AM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Irg's Avatar
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
I got the metal ones off ebay, Futaba spline!!! I have 1.25" everywhere and a bling 3" on the pull-pull. I don't use all the 3" but it's there for wiggle room.
he means wiggle room for when he wiggles that arm into a 50cc plane.
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2012, 09:35 AM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
I got the metal ones off ebay, Futaba spline!!! I have 1.25" everywhere and a bling 3" on the pull-pull. I don't use all the 3" but it's there for wiggle room.
Do you know if this applies to all of the Savox servos, including the smaller SH-0255? I've been looking for a longer arm for those.
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 05, 2012, 09:49 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Eagle34's Avatar
Pass Christian, MS
Joined Jan 2010
2,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickg66 View Post
Do you know if this applies to all of the Savox servos, including the smaller SH-0255? I've been looking for a longer arm for those.
Yes they are Futaba spline, but they are a 21 tooth, unlike the regular 25 tooth spline. 21 is almost impossible to find, I've looked for days. Best thing to do is use the 3DHS phonelic arms or some carbon fiber ones like the ones from RCFoam.
Eagle34 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle34
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2012, 10:04 AM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle34 View Post
Yes they are Futaba spline, but they are a 21 tooth, unlike the regular 25 tooth spline. 21 is almost impossible to find, I've looked for days. Best thing to do is use the 3DHS phonelic arms or some carbon fiber ones like the ones from RCFoam.
What about these? http://www.toysonics.com/futaba-fsh6...3-4-fsh63.html
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 05, 2012, 10:08 AM
Registered User
robj's Avatar
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,137 Posts
I use the align ds610 same as the savox...but the larger ones. Don't know that model mentioned...

Where I got mine...these I cut down a bit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-CNC-Alum...item3cb85f9bf1

This would work but is a bit longer, mine is 3" but I don't see it on ebay anymore. I think I'm only using 2.5-2.75" anyway.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Purple-CNC-A...item3cbb63c473
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2012, 10:18 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Eagle34's Avatar
Pass Christian, MS
Joined Jan 2010
2,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickg66 View Post
Those may work (they are the right spline) but they don't say what the length of them are. I was told the stock 0255 arms were a bit flimsy, the only down side to them. I have a spare set of the 3DHS arms that I am going to use with mine.
Eagle34 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle34
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2012, 10:21 AM
Suspended Account
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Nov 2010
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle34 View Post
Those may work (they are the right spline) but they don't say what the length of them are. I was told the stock 0255 arms were a bit flimsy, the only down side to them. I have a spare set of the 3DHS arms that I am going to use with mine.
You might have missed it in the description:

Horn Length, long side: 1.60" (40mm)
Horn Length, short side: .79" (20mm)
-= GYRO =- is offline Find More Posts by -= GYRO =-
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 05, 2012, 10:22 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Eagle34's Avatar
Pass Christian, MS
Joined Jan 2010
2,366 Posts
Rob the savox SH-0255 is the size of the HS65, but with a bit more weight (15gr) and almost the same specs as the HS-85. I'm gonna be using them in my 51" Slick.
Eagle34 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle34
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2012, 10:25 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Eagle34's Avatar
Pass Christian, MS
Joined Jan 2010
2,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickg66 View Post
You might have missed it in the description:

Horn Length, long side: 1.60" (40mm)
Horn Length, short side: .79" (20mm)
Yep sure did. Was cross referencing models to make sure the splines were right. Those might work nicely. Unsure about the strength, but aren't we always, till somebody tries them out. Good job finding those.
Eagle34 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle34
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2012, 10:27 AM
Registered User
robj's Avatar
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle34 View Post
Rob the savox SH-0255 is the size of the HS65, but with a bit more weight (15gr) and almost the same specs as the HS-85. I'm gonna be using them in my 51" Slick.
hmm, how much? 85's pretty pricey.
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2012, 10:36 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Eagle34's Avatar
Pass Christian, MS
Joined Jan 2010
2,366 Posts
Yea I was looking at 85's or 5085's, almost the same price. Got the SH-0255's from Amain for $33 ea. so not that much difference. Plus I wanted to try them. Got the DS-610s for my 74" Egde from a guy at the field ($200 for 4 ea.)
Eagle34 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle34
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2012, 11:05 AM
doh!
ryan_m's Avatar
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined May 2006
4,208 Posts
I've got a pair of the 0255's in an EF 48" Edge. They are nice so far. Hold up well, and very strong. I like 'em. they might just replace all my HS-65's eventually...
the power of the hs-85's in a servo the size of an hs-65 and with only a few gram weight penalty.
ryan_m is online now Find More Posts by ryan_m
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2012, 11:12 AM
Registered User
robj's Avatar
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_m View Post
I've got a pair of the 0255's in an EF 48" Edge. They are nice so far. Hold up well, and very strong. I like 'em. they might just replace all my HS-65's eventually...
the power of the hs-85's in a servo the size of an hs-65 and with only a few gram weight penalty.
Are they twice as fast like the ds610?
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2012, 11:41 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Eagle34's Avatar
Pass Christian, MS
Joined Jan 2010
2,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_m View Post
I've got a pair of the 0255's in an EF 48" Edge. They are nice so far. Hold up well, and very strong. I like 'em. they might just replace all my HS-65's eventually...
the power of the hs-85's in a servo the size of an hs-65 and with only a few gram weight penalty.
I picked up 5 of them, 4 for the 51" Slick and one for the rudder on my Buck.5 Edge.
Eagle34 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle34
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2012, 11:57 AM
CHOO CHOO
6L6Amp's Avatar
Northern Indiana
Joined Jan 2009
4,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
Are they twice as fast like the ds610?
The 65 is .11 at 6 volts with 31 torque. The 0255 is .13 at 6 volts with 54 torque.
6L6Amp is offline Find More Posts by 6L6Amp
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion 60 inch edge 540 vs 48 inch extreme flight extra 300 & edge 540 vs 3dhs slick 51 & 59 CRFan1 3D Flying 40 Mar 04, 2012 02:45 PM
Sold 3DHS 41" Edge 540 PNP $225 gonzoman5 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 10 Oct 05, 2011 10:53 AM
Wanted 3dhs Edge 540 47" (red bull scheme) SmokeDogg Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 13 Sep 29, 2011 02:19 PM
Wanted 3DHS Edge 540 47" (Red Bull Scheme) SmokeDogg Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Sep 24, 2011 01:58 AM
Wanted 3dhs edge 540 47" (red bull scheme) vhuang168 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Sep 08, 2011 10:13 PM