HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 14, 2011, 08:43 AM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedgrim View Post
My 71 is my favorite all around price vs performance and I have ALOT!!! of 3DHS planes. I have flown the 74 edge and of all the 3DHS planes I dare say it is one of the best harrier planes in their line.
I always thought your 55 Edge was. You rip it with that plane.

Mine still says Thursday delivery. Well I'll have all the esc all soldered up. Servos ready, etc.

Yall be sure and start posting some pics!
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2011, 09:07 AM
San Antonio, TX
Joined Sep 2008
3,329 Posts
The 55" Edge is an Abomination the newer edges, 48" / 74" and no one has seen the 58" but I am sure it is too, from what I have noticed all actually fly better/smoother.
twistedgrim is offline Find More Posts by twistedgrim
Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:21 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedgrim View Post
The 55" Edge is an Abomination the newer edges, 48" / 74" and no one has seen the 58" but I am sure it is too, from what I have noticed all actually fly better/smoother.
Try taking out some elevator throw, you'll fly it smoother

...chances are you haven't flown a 48 with that much throw. Crazy fun, but it will be at some cost of smoothness.

the 48 was an improvement on some things to help make a plane more in tune with beginning 3D without taking away from the original performance. The 74 is more the 30cc version of the original 47/55 Edge ideals (the "let's simply make a kick-ass Edge" ideal), due to its size it makes up for much of what people needed in the smaller planes gaining wing area, stability and ease of hucking... there's no wire landing gear, but after what it went through on saturday it still seems pretty darn tough
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:35 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,157 Posts
Video please!!
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:54 AM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,415 Posts
Delivered!
Bivens is offline Find More Posts by Bivens
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 14, 2011, 11:02 AM
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens View Post
Delivered!
I feel a frowny face comming. But good for you!

If they were still in Texas I'd had mine on friday. Everything was next day.
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Old Nov 14, 2011, 11:04 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,180 Posts
video... here's a preview. my second flight with it, we were trying out a new servo arm/throw. I was just throwing it into a few things to get used to it, try out a few things, not much of a demo flight, and the camera had a tough time with its exposure... so it's just a teaser video... more to come when we get more video opportunities...

3DHS 74" Edge (5 min 10 sec)
Old Nov 14, 2011, 11:13 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,180 Posts
...but from flying it on the weekend... if you set it up to be wild, it will set your hair on fire. If you set it up to be nice and easy, it will be just that. awesome harrier of course, huge elevator and aileron authority. It presents much bigger in the air than expected... and it looks pretty darn mean and aggressive too... just flying straight lines and watching it go past makes me happy. it rocks pretty seriously hard.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 12:20 PM
Got the Slickness
Seattle, WA
Joined Jul 2010
2,519 Posts
Thank you for the sneak preview video.... and I am looking forward to seeing the violent, on the "edge" moves I saw on the proto-type video, and some of the moves I have seen the smaller version fly at our local field
gabrielisrael is offline Find More Posts by gabrielisrael
Last edited by gabrielisrael; Nov 15, 2011 at 07:15 AM.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 01:01 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielisrael View Post
Nice.... but where are the violent, on the "edge" moves, I expected to see like in the proto-type video and watching the smaller version fly at our local field?

woot! straight to the "have a day" post.

apologies for posting a video that doesn't set your hair on fire, our bad.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 02:02 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,648 Posts
ha! Km, how dare you post such mediocrity!! seriously dude, have a day.

(I actually haven't watched it yet.)

I'm curious, how are the new edges performing in KE? any mixing? my one issue with the old 47 Edge was that it wasn't as super easy to KE smoothly as the newer airframes are now. any thoughts?
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Old Nov 14, 2011, 02:30 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg View Post
ha! Km, how dare you post such mediocrity!! seriously dude, have a day.
mediocrity has set the level for my days performance, everything's "meh"

Quote:
I'm curious, how are the new edges performing in KE? any mixing? my one issue with the old 47 Edge was that it wasn't as super easy to KE smoothly as the newer airframes are now. any thoughts?
apparently there was a 5% pitch mix on the one this weekend, but KE performance was seriously awesome and rock steady. Noted that it had the SFG's on. In the video near the end where I'm doing the slow KE pass, the only reason it pushed out on that pass all un-sexy like was because I had just passed the edge of Noll's barn, and the wind hit it... the wind does funky things in that part of his field.

I'm looking forward to flying mine in the calm...
Old Nov 14, 2011, 04:16 PM
The RED filters through
Rendon, TX
Joined Feb 2007
1,949 Posts
Having not yet watched the video, I know that any of Arron's "mediocrity" is so much better than anything I'll ever be able to do...

Rock on!
RedTalon is offline Find More Posts by RedTalon
Old Nov 14, 2011, 04:22 PM
customstandoffs
USA, AL, Madison
Joined Dec 2007
8,547 Posts
Bivens. Where is the flight video?

You've had that plane all day!
cmala is offline Find More Posts by cmala
Old Nov 14, 2011, 05:10 PM
Gas Monkey Vic
Snohomish, WA
Joined Jan 2005
1,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
video... here's a preview. my second flight with it, we were trying out a new servo arm/throw. I was just throwing it into a few things to get used to it, try out a few things, not much of a demo flight, and the camera had a tough time with its exposure... so it's just a teaser video... more to come when we get more video opportunities...

http://vimeo.com/32059852
Thanks for sharing the preview video, sorry some people cant enjoy it (points at post #264)

I'm excited to get my Silver Edge and hope the weather around here stays mild long enough to fly it soon.
Vitter is offline Find More Posts by Vitter