HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 03, 2012, 03:03 PM
OOPS
Manta1's Avatar
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,164 Posts
I got to fly a 74 edge today!!!! WOOHOOOO!! FINALLY!!!
too bed it was in 25mph wind but we flew anyways..Thanks for the sticks Randidly!!!
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2012, 05:21 PM
Registered User
Northern IL
Joined Sep 2006
817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonfootprint View Post
Oops, sorry about that FIXXIN. I thought you were the guy that just bought the a60-5s. That was Skypan12.....my bad.
Yup that was me I ordered the A60-5S for mine and will be running a 20X10 Mejzlik on it with 8S 4000 30C Batt, esc will be CC 120HV.

My ship should arrive some time tue or wed and my motor should be here about the same time.

I chose this motor after talking with Mike @ Aero-Model and going with his recommendations, I told him I want to be around 3000watts with my set up.

I have a few things to get off the bench first and should be getting started on it some time following week.
skypan12 is offline Find More Posts by skypan12
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 03, 2012, 06:16 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
I got to fly a 74 edge today!!!! WOOHOOOO!! FINALLY!!!
too bed it was in 25mph wind but we flew anyways..Thanks for the sticks Randidly!!!
Lucky Dog!! I haven't even gotten to "see" one other than in photos... let alone fly one!!!

I'm trying to sell my "Hyperion Wolf Samson ll" to buy one...

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 03, 2012, 11:41 PM
" If it aint broke, break it "
Carbonfootprint's Avatar
United States, WY, Fort Bridger
Joined Jan 2012
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypan12 View Post
Yup that was me I ordered the A60-5S for mine and will be running a 20X10 Mejzlik on it with 8S 4000 30C Batt, esc will be CC 120HV.

My ship should arrive some time tue or wed and my motor should be here about the same time.

I chose this motor after talking with Mike @ Aero-Model and going with his recommendations, I told him I want to be around 3000watts with my set up.

I have a few things to get off the bench first and should be getting started on it some time following week.
I'm curious to see what numbers you get with that set up. I PM'd someone that's running the A60-5s and here's what he sent me. 22/10 8c 88amp 2500watt 6250rpm

22/12w 8c 94a 2750w 6400r

21/12w 8c 103a 3000w 6250r

19/12w 8c 87a 2540w 6450r

I know he meant 8s, not 8c. He's using TP 65c 5000's. I found numbers from someone else running the A60-5s with a 20x10 Xoar and he said only 1950 watts and 65 amps. These 28 pole motors seem to like huge props. 21x12w = 74" ICBM and uncharted territory.
Carbonfootprint is offline Find More Posts by Carbonfootprint
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2012, 06:39 AM
Registered User
Northern IL
Joined Sep 2006
817 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonfootprint View Post
I'm curious to see what numbers you get with that set up. I PM'd someone that's running the A60-5s and here's what he sent me. 22/10 8c 88amp 2500watt 6250rpm

22/12w 8c 94a 2750w 6400r

21/12w 8c 103a 3000w 6250r

19/12w 8c 87a 2540w 6450r

I know he meant 8s, not 8c. He's using TP 65c 5000's. I found numbers from someone else running the A60-5s with a 20x10 Xoar and he said only 1950 watts and 65 amps. These 28 pole motors seem to like huge props. 21x12w = 74" ICBM and uncharted territory.
This is good to know I am going for the Mejz 22X10 with this motor 8S 4000 30C I hope to have every thing here by mid to end of next week, If numbers are down a little from what I am expecting on the ground and the performance in the air is good I will be happy, Will post findings as I get them.
skypan12 is offline Find More Posts by skypan12
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2012, 06:41 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,686 Posts
Well... It looks like I just about have the money to get a red 74" Edge, but alas, none in stock at 3DHS and I want to use some points I have...oh well... C'est la vie!!!

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2012, 07:16 PM
President @ Acadian RC Club
jonathan7x70's Avatar
Lafayette, Louisiana
Joined Dec 2005
1,233 Posts
my 74" in Silver will be here Thursday! Most of the small stuff is in just waiting on a few more things. Going to be hard to work this week! I wonder if I could build it as fast as the 59" Slick?
Our annual fly inn is this coming weekend. Would love to have it flying for the 10th!
jonathan7x70 is online now Find More Posts by jonathan7x70
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2012, 07:44 PM
You down with EPP?
johnnyrocco123's Avatar
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,778 Posts
Finally got to fly the Edge today. 3 Flights, I really enjoyed it.

First 3D plane I have ever owned that did not say Slick on it.

Right away I notice the differences in flight characteristics.

Overall, I liked the Edge a lot. I need more flights to start dialing it in.
johnnyrocco123 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2012, 12:50 AM
3D Sunset Flier
Buzzed's Avatar
PHX
Joined Jun 2008
4,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTtoooo View Post
Well... It looks like I just about have the money to get a red 74" Edge, but alas, none in stock at 3DHS and I want to use some points I have...oh well... C'est la vie!!!

SteveT
Awwww man! Did you look everywhere??

So when is the next shipment?

Buzzed is offline Find More Posts by Buzzed
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2012, 12:51 AM
3D Sunset Flier
Buzzed's Avatar
PHX
Joined Jun 2008
4,045 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
Finally got to fly the Edge today. 3 Flights, I really enjoyed it.

First 3D plane I have ever owned that did not say Slick on it.

Right away I notice the differences in flight characteristics.

Overall, I liked the Edge a lot. I need more flights to start dialing it in.
Congrats! It is a cool plane isn't it???

Buzzed is offline Find More Posts by Buzzed
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2012, 01:22 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzed View Post
Awwww man! Did you look everywhere??

So when is the next shipment?

Didn't look other places as I have points I want to use at 3DHS...

And...I have PMed "the KM" to find out, but no response as of yet...may have to just "settle" for a 51" Slick...I hear they fly extremely well...or a 58" Edge in red...At least those I have most of the stuff for....

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2012, 06:39 AM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
Bivens's Avatar
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,440 Posts
I like my 58 edge a LOT also.....and if you get RED...you can build a matching 74...
Bivens is offline Find More Posts by Bivens
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 05, 2012, 07:28 AM
Registered User
skippy78's Avatar
USA, VA, Narrows
Joined Mar 2009
1,493 Posts
I am going with the savox servo's and need to know what size servo arms I will need?
skippy78 is online now Find More Posts by skippy78
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2012, 08:29 AM
Registered User
robj's Avatar
United States, LA, Moss Bluff
Joined Nov 2008
8,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy78 View Post
I am going with the savox servo's and need to know what size servo arms I will need?
I got the metal ones off ebay, Futaba spline!!! I have 1.25" everywhere and a bling 3" on the pull-pull. I don't use all the 3" but it's there for wiggle room.
robj is offline Find More Posts by robj
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2012, 08:38 AM
Registered User
skippy78's Avatar
USA, VA, Narrows
Joined Mar 2009
1,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
I got the metal ones off ebay, Futaba spline!!! I have 1.25" everywhere and a bling 3" on the pull-pull. I don't use all the 3" but it's there for wiggle room.
Thanks Rob
skippy78 is online now Find More Posts by skippy78
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion 60 inch edge 540 vs 48 inch extreme flight extra 300 & edge 540 vs 3dhs slick 51 & 59 CRFan1 3D Flying 40 Mar 04, 2012 02:45 PM
Sold 3DHS 41" Edge 540 PNP $225 gonzoman5 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 10 Oct 05, 2011 10:53 AM
Wanted 3dhs Edge 540 47" (red bull scheme) SmokeDogg Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 13 Sep 29, 2011 02:19 PM
Wanted 3DHS Edge 540 47" (Red Bull Scheme) SmokeDogg Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Sep 24, 2011 01:58 AM
Wanted 3dhs edge 540 47" (red bull scheme) vhuang168 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 2 Sep 08, 2011 10:13 PM