HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 29, 2012, 08:07 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,083 Posts
That's ok...(and I hate to admit this)...I built my 70" Slick, and installed the elevator "just to see how it looked", and evidently forgot that I hadn't glued it. After "FOUR" flights, I noticed a bit of slop in the elevator and checked it, only to find that "none" of the hinges were glued!!

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 29, 2012, 09:00 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,568 Posts
so it was my fault. The back plate hole was larger than i thought over the prop shaft by a few mm and i forgot to install the spacers on the hacker a50. Problem is i can't find that darn spacers.
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Feb 29, 2012, 09:29 PM
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Jan 2011
473 Posts
Dont even think about using it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
the Extreme Flight spinner I ordered with the 74 Edge has a spinner backplate or cone section that is not 100% round. It mounts fine and holds the prop and spinner cone nicely. But if you spin the prop by hand, you can see a slight "wobble". It's definitely not because of the mounting job by me. But I think the spinner and its backplate have a warp in it.

I'm wondering if this is going to be an issue and if i should just maiden without the spinner?

Just posted video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZnTE...e_gdata_player
yankphan is offline Find More Posts by yankphan
Old Feb 29, 2012, 09:34 PM
Hooked on 3DHS
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Nov 2009
908 Posts
I will double check tomorrow. I may have used one small and one big spacer. If so i can send them to you. Done with these spinners anyway
lammbn is offline Find More Posts by lammbn
Old Feb 29, 2012, 09:44 PM
Wannabe 3D Pilot
USA, AZ, Chandler
Joined Nov 2006
1,187 Posts
wondering when 3DHS will bring out the 88" version!
flyracer is online now Find More Posts by flyracer
Old Feb 29, 2012, 09:51 PM
Hooked on 3DHS
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Nov 2009
908 Posts
Nah, 91" but hopefully not until i can afford one and a trailer to haul all these big planes to the field. Its getting tough enough with the 71 and 74 taking up the entire bed of my truck and the 48 & 58 taking up the extended cab.
lammbn is offline Find More Posts by lammbn
Old Feb 29, 2012, 09:53 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
4,962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTtoooo View Post
That's ok...(and I hate to admit this)...I built my 70" Slick, and installed the elevator "just to see how it looked", and evidently forgot that I hadn't glued it. After "FOUR" flights, I noticed a bit of slop in the elevator and checked it, only to find that "none" of the hinges were glued!!

SteveT
LOL Thanks for that. Classic!!!
We are only human after all
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:53 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,083 Posts
Quote:
so it was my fault. The back plate hole was larger than i thought over the prop shaft by a few mm and i forgot to install the spacers on the hacker a50. Problem is i can't find that darn spacers.
Unless you took them out, the adapter rings are in a small baggie with some spare screws...

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:57 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY View Post
LOL Thanks for that. Classic!!!
We are only human after all
Good pic!!.... I don't have pictures taken of my planes and myself, as they would have to use a wide angle lens,,,,,

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:47 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
4,962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTtoooo View Post
Good pic!!.... I don't have pictures taken of my planes and myself, as they would have to use a wide angle lens,,,,,

SteveT
lol, thanks, yea Im not sure the camera will ever work again after that pic. Long hours of building compounded by long hours at work = little sleep. I look like death there in that pic. As you can see, I dont even take time out to change my clothes after work. Build, shower, sleep. 5 am comes early
Steve B
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
Old Feb 29, 2012, 11:59 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY View Post
lol, thanks, yea Im not sure the camera will ever work again after that pic. Long hours of building compounded by long hours at work = little sleep. I look like death there in that pic. As you can see, I dont even take time out to change my clothes after work. Build, shower, sleep. 5 am comes early
Steve B
Too darn early for sure...been there, done that!! but no more... I get out of bed when I feel like getting out of bed...that's what being retired does for you...

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 01, 2012, 12:22 AM
Fly Low or you'll never know!
Thornton, Colorado
Joined Jul 2002
3,810 Posts
Quote:
Ken, it's a small ring that inserts on the back of the spinner plate to center it.
Just take some masking tap and wrap it on the prop shaft. Then trim it to the thickness of the plate. Next, try and put the plate on. You will have to trim some of the tape away to where it just fits snug. Done this many times.

Cory
RC4x4 is offline Find More Posts by RC4x4
Old Mar 01, 2012, 07:59 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Joined May 2010
2,568 Posts
great idea Cory
Old Mar 01, 2012, 08:50 AM
" If it aint broke, break it "
United States, WY, Fort Bridger
Joined Jan 2012
20 Posts
Quote:
I have both of those rings. My motor has a 12mm prop adapter so they're extra parts. I'm not that far away so would probably just take a day to get there. PM me if you want them.
Carbonfootprint is offline Find More Posts by Carbonfootprint
Old Mar 01, 2012, 10:30 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Joined May 2010
2,568 Posts
Carbon - PM sent.