Old Jan 04, 2012, 05:42 PM
3dhs coolaid drinker
United States, WI, Mauston
Joined Apr 2010
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
what advice do you need?

...advice isn't far away. If advice has been given and alternatives haven't been presented by myself and the rest of the team, the advice already posted by others is most likely pretty sound.
none really, was just saying, ben is missed you do a better than exellent job at helping us out, Actually i do need advice on my 59 slick and i posted my prob in that section
jstolp is offline Find More Posts by jstolp
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2012, 05:43 PM
3dhs coolaid drinker
Joined Apr 2010
278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0gravity View Post
Speaking of Aron - you guys are doing a terrific job. I think we all miss the presence of Ben around these parts... From a business standpoint it makes perfect sense to me though. To be as available as we was for as long as he was and in light of the expansion of 3DHS is really incredible. But as with any successful company - eventually the CEO has somewhat more immediate concerns. Not that customers aren't immediate concerns but he has you guys who are ridiculously knowledgeable. Happy New Year to your team.
yep
Old Jan 04, 2012, 05:45 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle34 View Post
That almost looks like the town I used to live in, Biloxi

I've got a spare 42 Red Slick NIB (does that make 8 flavors) wanna trade?
Sorry, no...but I would be interested in a trade involving a 74" Edge...

SteveT
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jan 04, 2012, 05:49 PM
3dhs coolaid drinker
Joined Apr 2010
278 Posts
Quote:
My 55" SHP (first sip also) had a spiral bound manual, even though I bought it second hand, very nice and well done.

I think its kinda funny, kinda upsetting that my 74" Edge shipping box has "Manual available online" stamped on the outside of the box. I'm like no it isn't, would be nice though, especially something this big and complicated. Electric motor box, throttle servo box, just a lot of stuff different. Kinda hesitant about buying the 58" Edge, at least till a manual comes out for it.
im sorry about this, and no offense to this op, but all these planes are so simple to assemble,i could see mabye some hard parts if it were using dual ele servos ,dual rudder servos and so on, but so much is done for us the rest is kinda just common sense. and if you think these are hard try building something like a trex 700
Old Jan 04, 2012, 06:08 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstolp View Post
im sorry about this, and no offense to this op, but all these planes are so simple to assemble,i could see mabye some hard parts if it were using dual ele servos ,dual rudder servos and so on, but so much is done for us the rest is kinda just common sense. and if you think these are hard try building something like a trex 700
No building in a T Rex 700... just assembly (and not saying it's not complicated).... Now build an old Schlueter Cobra or Kavan Jet Ranger...there was actual "building" (I.E. cutting out printed sheets of plywood for formers [both helis] or building the blades from a "tongue and groove" balsa trailing edge and hardwood leading edge, with hardwood root lamination's [jet ranger])....

SteveT
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2012, 06:13 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Pass Christian, MS
Joined Jan 2010
2,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTtoooo View Post
Sorry, no...but I would be interested in a trade involving a 74" Edge...

SteveT
Well mine is still NIB ... but .... Naaaa. I think I'll wait, they haven't been taken down from the site yet so hopefully they will be back at some point.
Eagle34 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle34
Old Jan 04, 2012, 06:19 PM
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
27,678 Posts
Quote:
Well mine is still NIB ... but .... Naaaa. I think I'll wait, they haven't been taken down from the site yet so hopefully they will be back at some point.
I am told Veloxi will be back "eventually"...but probably not the same....

Steve
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2012, 06:26 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Pass Christian, MS
Joined Jan 2010
2,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstolp View Post
No offense taken, I was just stating my little (very, very little) bit of disappointment. Actually I am glad they went ahead and put these out and didn't make us wait till a manual was available. I'm sure when I get around to assembling mine I won't have any problems, plus IPSmotors has his build videos now (at least announced) and most likely the manual will be ready. Plus I will have all of you guys to pester if I do have any problems. I mean these are much easier than when I started in the early 80's with hand cut ribs, formers, and stringers, not to mention dope and covering, talk about a PITA.
Old Jan 04, 2012, 06:28 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Pass Christian, MS
Joined Jan 2010
2,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTtoooo View Post
I am told Veloxi will be back "eventually"...but probably not the same....

Steve
Yea Biloxi is coming back, not quite the same but we are getting there. Oh wait Veloxi yea that too.
Old Jan 05, 2012, 12:44 PM
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Jan 2011
480 Posts
question... for you electric people... I'm using gens ace 4000mah 25c lipos (4s) should I tape the two packs together as 1 "brick" and then strap the lipos in ? they seem kind of sloppy ! what CG is everyone using...?
yankphan is offline Find More Posts by yankphan
Old Jan 05, 2012, 12:45 PM
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Jan 2011
480 Posts
anyone have a build video on youtube ?
yankphan is offline Find More Posts by yankphan
Old Jan 05, 2012, 12:46 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Aug 2004
9,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankphan View Post
question... for you electric people... I'm using gens ace 4000mah 25c lipos (4s) should I tape the two packs together as 1 "brick" and then strap the lipos in ? they seem kind of sloppy ! what CG is everyone using...?
there are a couple of ways to do it. you can strap them down seperately, or do it as a brick. i saw a pic a while back of someone who actually velcroed one 4s pack to each side of the motor box (on the inside obviously).
rcbirk21 is offline Find More Posts by rcbirk21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Joe's Battery Contraption
Old Jan 05, 2012, 01:15 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,213 Posts
Quote:
just strap them down as one, they don't even need to be velcro'd to each other... just a strip on the bottom/side of the pack, a strip of mating velcro for each pack on the battery tray in the plane, a couple of straps around them both as one and they will be snug.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Jan 05, 2012, 01:16 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,213 Posts
Quote:
anyone have a build video on youtube ?
'ipsmotors' is working on one... though will be after the AMA show that it's completed.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Jan 05, 2012, 01:33 PM
doh!
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined May 2006
4,450 Posts
Quote:
I did mine as a brick. Same exact lipos, I used three pieces of duct tape, about 3/4" wide to join the two packs. Just one piece of velcro in the middle of the brick pack to secure it to the battery tray, and then two battery straps to hold the whole thing down. And not the velcro that is included with the kit for the straps, I like these:
http://www.readyheli.com/MIK4368-Mik...s_p_37357.html
Scorpion makes some as well. Basically just one with a buckle on the other end so you can loop it through.
ryan_m is offline Find More Posts by ryan_m