Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 23, 2011, 01:07 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverEnough View Post
I know somebody was askin for more videos Forgive me, it got windy all of a sudden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GR_euOKYio
sweet video! ...some very tidy KE spinning in there too
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 23, 2011, 01:09 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
sweet video! ...some very tidy KE spinning in there too
Definitely!!, I love doing KE spins with my 55" Edge (which by the way, is the only plane I can do them consistently with)!!

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Dec 23, 2011, 03:00 AM
Wingman II
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2011
1,211 Posts
So I think I remember reading in a post a few days back that was said that the electric motor box was marked backwards. Is this the case for all of them? I didn't notice mine being that way.
diggity2424 is offline Find More Posts by diggity2424
Old Dec 23, 2011, 03:27 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by diggity2424 View Post
So I think I remember reading in a post a few days back that was said that the electric motor box was marked backwards. Is this the case for all of them? I didn't notice mine being that way.
As with all things human made, it is quite possible to have one come out "screwy" once in a while, I would imagine it was strictly an anomaly... "If" there was a problem with a lot of them. I am sure 3DHS would take care of it. There was a similar situation with the 68" Velox about a year ago, and when Ben found out about it, he had extra motor box extensions made and put them in the kits that had the "problem" extensions. (though it really wasn't a big deal, as a little debonder, a few minutes times, and a bit of CA, and all was good to go)

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Dec 23, 2011, 07:51 AM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Pass Christian, MS
Joined Jan 2010
2,366 Posts
Quote:
I know somebody was askin for more videos Forgive me, it got windy all of a sudden.

Nice flying. That color scheme shows up really nice.
Eagle34 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle34
Old Dec 23, 2011, 09:03 AM
Got the Slickness
Seattle, WA
Joined Jul 2010
2,516 Posts
Quote:

Love that Edge scheme! Nice flying
gabrielisrael is offline Find More Posts by gabrielisrael
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 23, 2011, 09:07 AM
3dhs coolaid drinker
United States, WI, Mauston
Joined Apr 2010
278 Posts
yeah i said that we needed more vid thank you ... great flying..
jstolp is offline Find More Posts by jstolp
Old Dec 23, 2011, 09:42 AM
Killeen TX
Joined Dec 2006
1,441 Posts
awesome flying and field!
STANG KILLA SS is offline Find More Posts by STANG KILLA SS
Old Dec 23, 2011, 11:11 AM
3D Sunset Flier
PHX
Joined Jun 2008
3,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.P. View Post
I bought two A50-16L's and had the main bearing in one of them make contact with the windings in less than ten flights. I sent them both in to Hacker and they said that I had bought my motors from a run that had a defective design. They replaced the damaged one for free, but said that I would have to fly the other until it too welded itself together. Since the one that cooked itself destroyed my esc and damaged my airframe during the deadstick, I said that I didn't want to run it at all if it had a known defect. They were kind enough to offer me one at cost as a compromise, but it was only about $30 cheaper than what I paid for the defective one. So I had to pay more money to get a non-defective product.

Ken on the other hand has taken care of me very well. There was a small run of motors that got a bad batch of magnet glue, and I happened to buy one of the motors. When I sent it in I happened to mention that I bought one of his motors for my 70" Slick and was loving it. He asked if I was doing aggressive maneuvers with my Slick, and said that he had an even better design out for aggressive 3D now. I let him know that the motor was doing fine, and that I had bought it second hand. He upgraded it for free anyways, and even paid for the shipping back to Canada.
I can't believe they wanted you to "fly the other until it too welded itself together." That's just crazy and I'm sorry that they did NOT do the right thing and just exchange it for you.

For years I only flew Scorpions and loved them, but a run of bad esc's and some awful non-existence customer service that my friends experienced made me move to Hacker. I have been lucky so far with Hacker and their motors and service.

It costs these companies nothing to "Do the right thing." I just wish they would and if not, we need to get the word out and stop buying from them.

"In economics, dollar voting is an analogy used to explain how the purchasing choices of consumers affect which products will continue to be produced and supplied to the market." (from Wikipedia)

Merry Christmas!

-Buzzed
Buzzed is offline Find More Posts by Buzzed
Old Dec 23, 2011, 11:20 AM
Got the Slickness
Seattle, WA
Joined Jul 2010
2,516 Posts
I know I sound like a broken record, but I have run both Hacker and Motrofly equivalents in similar airframes. I have found that the Motrofly has more power and provides me with more flight time. Hacker is a good motor and is a good choice, and I still fly with Hacker, but I prefer Motrofly.

You cannot beat Ken's service at Motrofly.
gabrielisrael is offline Find More Posts by gabrielisrael
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 23, 2011, 11:22 AM
3D Sunset Flier
PHX
Joined Jun 2008
3,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielisrael View Post
I know I sound like a broken record, but I have run both Hacker and Motrofly equivalents in similar airframes. I have found that the Motrofly has more power and provides me with more flight time. Hacker is a good motor and is a good choice, and I still fly with Hacker, but I prefer Motrofly.

You cannot beat Ken's service at Motrofly.
I keep hearing about Ken's great service. I just may have to try one out soon.

Buzzed is offline Find More Posts by Buzzed
Old Dec 23, 2011, 11:39 AM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Aug 2004
9,345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzed View Post
I keep hearing about Ken's great service. I just may have to try one out soon.

im glad i did. the biggest thing for me is the options in motor winds (along with his customer service). you can run whatever prop you want on just about any motor he offers for just about any cell count. its very nice. hacker has more options than most motor companies, but i still find sometimes that its just not quite enough
rcbirk21 is online now Find More Posts by rcbirk21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Joe's Battery Contraption
Old Dec 23, 2011, 12:17 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,412 Posts
Ken is awesome. Can't say enough good things about him and his motors. I'm a very happy customer
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Dec 23, 2011, 01:09 PM
Killeen TX
Joined Dec 2006
1,441 Posts
agreed. plus the ability to have custom winds is awesome. instead of having to buy a whole new motor incase you decide to change number of cells or something.
STANG KILLA SS is offline Find More Posts by STANG KILLA SS
Old Dec 23, 2011, 02:39 PM
Team Hillbilly
United States, OH, New Albany
Joined Jun 2006
418 Posts
Hey Motrolfly gang. What are your setups (Motors, props, batteries)?

I'm still trying to decide which motor to run on my 74. Until a few days ago it was going to be A60-6XL on APC 20X10 or 21X10 with 6S and Ice100.

Ice100 and 6S are constants. The motor/wind/prop is the variable for me.
blaiss is offline Find More Posts by blaiss