Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by nasgul, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 09:47 AM
United Kingdom, Wales, Gwaun-Cae-Gurwen
Joined Mar 2011
535 Posts
Build Log
wraith

mostly finished the makeover of the wraith. total weight without lipo is now 196g, instead of 207g, saved 11g. whilst not a lot, every little lost helps! added a new vac formed dome, in gloss black, fixed with small velcro tabs to frame plate. i do prefer the matt though, as used on my y4/6, so may change that later. i have also added led strips to the arms for night flights!

also used 6"gws 3 blade props now, as seems to be slightly more stable, and motors barely get warm even after a good run!

also tried 3s lipo, and boy does it go! really lights up well too! motors and esc do get warm, but nothing drastic. i shall use 3s for night flights (also cooler at night, helps keep temp of motors and esc's down), and 2s for normal daytime running.

needs cable ties and a small receiver plate made up for front, good rx reception, and i like the "bug" look it gives

Rebuilt Wraith Quadcopter Test + Led's! (1 min 19 sec)

Edit; Now managed to glean another 4 grams off the weight by using one full servo lead, and signal only wires for the rest! (board to rx connections!) so total is 192g without lipo now!
nasgul is offline Find More Posts by nasgul
Last edited by nasgul; Nov 06, 2011 at 04:33 PM.
to remove ads between posts