HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 29, 2003, 01:54 PM
Wellington, Florida
Joined Dec 2003
70 Posts
Tim

Thank you for posting pics of my B25. the weekend was great. Thanks also to the host club - the event was very well organized and FUN. Looking forward to next year.
efly726 is offline Find More Posts by efly726
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2003, 02:12 PM
Hey, I wanna fly too!
United States, TX, Justin
Joined Sep 2001
223 Posts
Jeff Myers' great looking Peashooter. Jeff gave us a wonderful realistic flight, a great 2 point landing, followed with a true to scale nose over that the Peashooter was notorious for.
tphillips is offline Find More Posts by tphillips
Old Dec 29, 2003, 02:20 PM
Hey, I wanna fly too!
Joined Sep 2001
223 Posts
This is a great job of kit bashing! What started out as a Gary Wright Sport-E ended up as a biplane with a hint of an E3D turtle deck. Hopefully someone will chime in and give the builder credit by name.
Old Dec 29, 2003, 02:28 PM
Hey, I wanna fly too!
Joined Sep 2001
223 Posts
The GWMP coral. How many E3Ds can you count? I think there are at least 7 in this picture. Wish I would have taken a count of the total number of E3Ds there. I can remember a half-dozen more around the pits...
Old Dec 29, 2003, 02:47 PM
Hey, I wanna fly too!
Joined Sep 2001
223 Posts
Here we have Gary Wright and Charlie Wang with Rob and Julie Honeycutt's Extra. Gary had the honors flying this beautiful plane over the weekend. And we have Charlie Wang to thank for delivering such a great product that makes planes like this possible.
Old Dec 29, 2003, 10:57 PM
Go Dawgs!!!!!!!
USA, NC, Clayton
Joined Feb 2001
5,814 Posts
Rob,

All I can say is WOW....please bring that to our E-fly if you can make it, if not we'll see it at SEFF this year?? I wanted to come, but ended up staying home and flying here...am 610 miles away and just decided to fly more here rather than do all that driving. We had beautiful weather, and I got some more flights on a new Accord63 of mine...and Ed, I love this airplane so far! Keep the pics coming, please!!

Later,
David
David Hogue is offline Find More Posts by David Hogue
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2003, 08:58 PM
Involuntary Beta Tester
Joined Jan 2002
8,288 Posts
Here are some pictures I took of the event. The field is a grass field but it was pretty smooth and the grass was mowed short enough for even my retract equiped Spitfire to take off from. The wind was up both days from the east, 10 - 15mph but luckily it ran down the runway. The only bad thing for me was the sun as the flight line faced south into the low winter sun. I guess I need to find a good pair of RC sunglasses. It was great to meet everyone and several of us went to dinner on Saturday night.
kelvin is offline Find More Posts by kelvin
Old Dec 30, 2003, 09:01 PM
Involuntary Beta Tester
Joined Jan 2002
8,288 Posts
The TX impound and Dale was the announcer during the event. I don't know how it happened but I got to be pilot #1 on the sign up sheet!
Old Dec 30, 2003, 09:07 PM
Involuntary Beta Tester
Joined Jan 2002
8,288 Posts
I brought three planes, my E3D, Kyosho Spit and a Kwik-e. I was able to fly the Spit once and due to my inexperience I elected not to fly it again after trying about 5 times to land it in the strong wind. Luckily the eventual landing was good enough not to require retweaking of the landing gear. I have to admit that a couple of downwind passes low to the ground were exciting for me. I've never seen it fly so fast. I guess a 15 mph tailwind helps.
Old Dec 30, 2003, 09:10 PM
Involuntary Beta Tester
Joined Jan 2002
8,288 Posts
Ed Lyerly's Long Stick. If anyone has doubts this plane will handle the wind don't worry about it. It is very stable in the wind. As usual, Ed did a great job flying it. On one flight he had to contend with about 5 other models in the air.
Old Dec 30, 2003, 09:14 PM
Involuntary Beta Tester
Joined Jan 2002
8,288 Posts
Next to Ed's Long Stick and Diablo Mini was another nut who drove all the way from Dallas, besides me, for this event, Terry Phillips. Here are some of his planes
Old Dec 30, 2003, 09:16 PM
Involuntary Beta Tester
Joined Jan 2002
8,288 Posts
More
Old Dec 30, 2003, 09:21 PM
Involuntary Beta Tester
Joined Jan 2002
8,288 Posts
More
Old Dec 30, 2003, 09:28 PM
Involuntary Beta Tester
Joined Jan 2002
8,288 Posts
More
Old Dec 30, 2003, 09:31 PM
Involuntary Beta Tester
Joined Jan 2002
8,288 Posts
There was a Lipo incident. Gary Wright apparently overdischarged this pack which caused some cells to puff.