HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 16, 2003, 05:03 PM
shut up & fly
United States, FL, Miami
Joined May 2001
3,827 Posts
COOL ! Chris if you're there then i have to go!
hoser is online now Find More Posts by hoser
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2003, 07:36 PM
St. Mary, Maryland, United States
Joined Dec 1996
8,371 Posts
Look'in forward to meeting you - I'm leaving Friday, might be on the road Saturday morning depending on how far I get so it may be early afternoon before I pull in - or it may be early if I drive all day Friday. We'll see...
Chris True is offline Find More Posts by Chris True
Old Dec 16, 2003, 09:17 PM
Product Manager at Hobbico
United States
Joined May 2000
5,156 Posts
if I remember correctly, it took me 12 hours to get to the spring sizzle last year, and I think you're somewhat near there Chris. Phil will be cutting the grass just before the event so we should have a nice low-cut runway. Even when it's at it's worst, it's about twice as smooth as NEAT's runway. I've flown some small stuff and ROG'd with 1.5" wheels with just a little speed 400. If anyone were to come to the house, that would mean we'd have to clean up, especially my shop, which is layered about 1/2 inch thick right now in balsa dust after building 3 e-jets prototypes, 2 deltajet prototypes, a diamond dust, and an E3D-XL all in the last month, and I'm not too motivated to clean up right now when I've got several new projects in the works that will need prototypes built
GWRIGHT is offline Find More Posts by GWRIGHT
Old Dec 17, 2003, 02:16 AM
radar jammer
Bradenton, Florida
Joined May 2003
563 Posts
Will be @ Disney on Christmas... not sure if I can make it to Melborne tho, depends on what the wifus has planned
Greebe is offline Find More Posts by Greebe
Old Dec 17, 2003, 07:09 AM
United States
Joined May 2000
5,156 Posts
If anyone is interested, the monday after the event Chris True is staying in Melbourne and we're going to hit the links, so bring your sticks if your interested. there are three very nice golf courses within 5 to 10 minutes of the flying field and motels. baytree will be the course of choice but if I can't get a good teetime, we have viera east and turtle creek to choose from.
http://www.golfbaytree.com/
http://www.vieragolf.com/page/79-2050.htm
http://turtlecreekgolfclub.com/

If there's an issue with getting a teetime we still have 21 other courses in the county, but some would require anywhere from 15 to 25 minute drives from the field
Old Dec 21, 2003, 01:53 PM
Involuntary Beta Tester
Joined Jan 2002
8,288 Posts
There's Room for the Wife & Daughter

Looks like there's going to be room for the wife and daughter after all. Packing tomorrow then we're on our way Tuesday.

I hope the grass is mowed short. My Spit is anxious to bag a few Jerries.

Too bad my poor Sport E Stik didn't live long enough to make the trip

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.
I hope the weather will be great these two days.
kelvin is offline Find More Posts by kelvin
Old Dec 21, 2003, 07:02 PM
Oviedo,FL
Joined Dec 2000
1,164 Posts
Re: There's Room for the Wife & Daughter

Quote:
Originally posted by kelvin

I hope the weather will be great these two days.
So far the forecast is 71 and sunny. We'll see if it changes between now and then. Keep yer fingers crossed!

I was kinda hoping to have my B-29 done in time for this, but it's been a busy holiday. Haven't had a chance to work on it much. Oh well, maybe next year....Gary, is this gonna be an annual event?
R. Carver is offline Find More Posts by R. Carver
Last edited by R. Carver; Dec 21, 2003 at 07:08 PM.
Old Dec 21, 2003, 08:29 PM
Extra 330L
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
Joined Apr 2002
979 Posts
well looks like my big project is ready for Florida! Just maiden'ed today~
Can't wait to see everyone there!

Rob
Rob Honeycutt is offline Find More Posts by Rob Honeycutt
Old Dec 21, 2003, 08:40 PM
Fayetteville, GA
Joined Oct 2000
3,663 Posts
Hey Rob....got any pics???

I am SOOOOO pumped about next weekend I can't stand it....it's been 2 years since I've had an entire weekend straight of flying.....I hope the weather holds out.... I had a pretty productive weekend preparing my stuff for next weekend.....I crashed my Peashooter on the maiden flight....fixed my Kwik E.....flew my hotliner...since it has not flown in about 9 months...flew the Quest today 11 ounces lighter with an 8S3P pack....

The Peashooter damage was minimal...most of the damage was the result of the poor quality Chinese landing gear wire that broke at a bend....
Jeff Meyers is offline Find More Posts by Jeff Meyers
Old Dec 21, 2003, 08:42 PM
Fayetteville, GA
Joined Oct 2000
3,663 Posts
BTW.....

For those that are on the fence about coming to this fun fly.....

Rob Honeycutt is bringing a project that is truely a milestone in electric flight.....you won't want to miss it....
Jeff Meyers is offline Find More Posts by Jeff Meyers
Old Dec 22, 2003, 12:28 AM
Go Dawgs!!!!!!!
USA, NC, Clayton
Joined Feb 2001
5,814 Posts
tempted, very tempted....any vendors, Gary?

Thanks,
David
David Hogue is offline Find More Posts by David Hogue
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 22, 2003, 03:55 AM
United States
Joined May 2000
5,156 Posts
I think JGRC will be here (he's just on the other side of the state, so he normally makes the drive to our events), and there's a possibility of Dave from Radicalrc. I've got inventory on all my kits at the moment, so i'll have things there also. As far as it being an annual event,..I dunno. I'm not CD, I didn't organize this event,.. they just asked me to help by getting the word out to help with the attendance numbers. The club members feel that if they have a "good" turnout of 30 guys they might make it an annual event,.... and I think the number will easily be double that, if not triple,.. so I'm anxious to see the clubs reaction
Old Dec 22, 2003, 06:35 AM
radar jammer
Bradenton, Florida
Joined May 2003
563 Posts
Quote:
For those that are on the fence about coming to this fun fly.....

Rob Honeycutt is bringing a project that is truely a milestone in electric flight.....you won't want to miss it....
Now stop that! Still on the fence ($$ issue, tho the wifus has setup reservations et al)

Hoping to maiden tommorrow or Wednesday if the weather holds out (not quite finished yet after the Nth time mod
Greebe is offline Find More Posts by Greebe
Old Dec 22, 2003, 07:18 AM
United States
Joined May 2000
5,156 Posts
I know Rob hasn't made any public announcements about his project but just a little "teaser",.. can you say 4000+ watts into a single prop ??
Old Dec 22, 2003, 07:25 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Orlando Squadron is coming!

Some of the large members from the Orlando Squadron will be coming for this event!

Rob Mason and myself had a discussion that the other club in APOKA has another one as well occuring the same days. We may split the weekend so, we can go to both!

Carlos
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000