HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:18 AM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLING CIRCLE View Post
That elevator may have a bit too much Welders on it. Maybe cut and redo it and then the same old servo might work fine. Just a thought. We have cheapo HK orange servos in that plane. Seem to be working fine.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'm actually using floppy disk hinges, and they're just that, floppy. I scavenged the servos from an old e-flite CP Pro2 someone gave to me that wasn't worth restoring, so it's not like they're the best to begin with. I was thinking of using a tiny vise drill to put another small hole on the control surface horn a millimeter or so closer to the elevator to get a bit more throw. If that doesn't work I'll grab some of those orange servos on my next HK order. In the meantime I've got to figure out this lack of hovering busineess..
eltreato is offline Find More Posts by eltreato
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:23 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,240 Posts
How old is your motor.?

Try some different lipos

Unless yours is really heavy it should hover

Could be speed controller as well
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:37 PM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
550 Posts
Hi RE,

My motor is brand new. I also tried other known good Nanotech 350s that have a UMX adapter on the balance tap, that also work great in my 130x. These batts have xt60s on them as well, so I might go xt60 on the speed controller.

When you got your esc did you have to adjust the timing setting from low to medium or high to get more power as the instructions suggest? It doesn't seem to make a lick of a difference when I try.

I've posted in the power systems section and hope to get some other feedback there as well.

Thanks!
Old Nov 25, 2012, 05:38 PM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
550 Posts
So.....uhh.....my prop was on backwards. Yep that's right, I never thought to check it, figured there was no camber on these props. If you're ever bored, try flipping your prop then flying, it's not too easy. Flew two packs through it with the prop on correctly and it is amazing. RE29, your suggested power combo is perfect. I can't wait to get more time to fly this thing, it's going to be perfect for the small parks in my area.

All the best!
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:25 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,240 Posts
Lol

Glad you're up in the air now

Now have fun and make some vids if you can
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:46 AM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
550 Posts
Well I probably won't have any footage anytime soon, I'm a one man show without a hatcam. My flying isn't much to watch either, but I've attached a couple photos, not all that different from anyone else's, except you can see the disk hinges, oh yeah, and the prop is on backwards.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 06:36 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,240 Posts
Looks good
Old Dec 05, 2012, 04:23 PM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
550 Posts
The more I fly this thing, the more I love it. It's turning out to be perfect for the small elementary school fields in my heavily populated neighborhood. It's sooo quiet too, which is a huge plus. Way quieter than the 2s micros I've been flying lately that would be a lot of work to keep flying in these tight areas I just got some 9047 props in the mail from when I was having my, ahem "thrust" issue. This thing hovers awesome with the prop mentioned in RE's review, I expect it to be even floatier with this one.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 04:50 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,240 Posts
Glad your enjoying it

I should try those props
Old Dec 05, 2012, 05:11 PM
"Unappreciative tosser"
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
550 Posts
PM me your address and I'll send you one. It's the least I can do for all your help.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 10:20 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,240 Posts
Thanks for the offer, but I tried one tonight actually at indoor

it worked the motor more than it seemed to like. but, mine is heavy now with all the extra glue.

I need a new one airframe me thinks.

I may try to recreate one out of depron or FFF and build it lighter using 5 gram servos and 6A esc.

Mine is a porker now and doesn't wanna fly slow anymore

she is a tough broad though - been flown hard all summer, a real testement to the design and nature of EPP.

I should've ordered some more EPP with my depron