HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2011, 07:23 PM
Ohio
Joined Nov 2007
223 Posts
New Product
**** dynamic foamy 820 ****

Yes, Dynamic Foamy is now in the EPP market! Here is a video and some pics of the prototype model, please let me know what you think. The paint scheme is subject to change according to feedback we get. I wanted the underside to be clean and easy to assemble. The EPP fuse reinforcements virtually eliminate torsion while hiding most of the electronics. The multiple carbon fiber spar tubes keep the wings from flexing under a load. Assembly time is greatly reduced by eliminating carbon rod truss assemblies found on similar models. Access doors on each side of the fuse allow quick access to the battery and receiver. Landing gear assemblies come standard with all kits.

Product specs: DYNAMIC FOAMY -820-

Wingspan = 32’’
Length = 29’’
RTF weight = 6-7oz.
Motor = 75w outrunner
Prop= 8’’
Battery= 360mah. 2s
Est. Price= $49.99 painted kit, $39.99 un-painted kit, Barebones foam parts only = $20

The kits will also include (not shown on prototype model):
Plywood servo mounts, plywood aux. servo arm and universal motor mount with mounting holes at 90-120 degrees.

Thanks,
Bert Wilson

Dynamic820 EPP (2 min 54 sec)
DynamicFoamy is offline Find More Posts by DynamicFoamy
Site Sponsor
Last edited by DynamicFoamy; Apr 01, 2012 at 08:12 PM. Reason: price correction
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2011, 08:59 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,087 Posts
very nice, I want one of these, when are they going up on the website
3drcparts is offline Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Oct 28, 2011, 09:17 PM
United States, IN, Danville
Joined Mar 2007
352 Posts
epp

want one too!!!
corsair214 is online now Find More Posts by corsair214
Old Oct 31, 2011, 06:35 PM
Ohio
Joined Nov 2007
223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by janole View Post
very nice, I want one of these, when are they going up on the website
1-2 weeks, We have a lot of things going on right now for the JR Indoor event.

Thanks,
Bert
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Customer Support Forum
Old Apr 01, 2012, 08:20 PM
Ohio
Joined Nov 2007
223 Posts
Here is the current paint scheme that will replace the red scheme shown in my first post. We have added this product to our website for pre-orders and look to start shipping these on or before April 20th. Thanks for your patience...

Bert
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 02, 2012, 11:40 AM
Dances With The Wind
United States, FL, Punta Gorda
Joined May 2002
6,408 Posts
That's a nice looking foamie. It's got some interesting design touches too, like the servos mounted to the foam trusses, and the radio gear inside the trusses.

How about a detailed build thread, and some more video. The plane appeared to fly great, despite some obvious wind.
Brian Courtice is offline Find More Posts by Brian Courtice
Old Apr 03, 2012, 03:29 PM
El Cajon, CA
Joined May 2007
272 Posts
Very nice looking plane. Love the construction. Glad to see a 32 incher without all the carbon fiber bracing. definitely considering pre-ordering one of these. This looks like a good powerr / servo set for this plane; http://www.rcplanebuilder.com/index....roducts_id=257. And these batteries;http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl350-3s1p-20c-3333.html. For right around a hundred bucks you could build and fly this plane. How cool is that!
dynodude is online now Find More Posts by dynodude
Old Apr 07, 2012, 01:39 AM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
19,431 Posts
sweet

uses small 2-3s lipos, in a battery compartment?

How cool is that..
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Apr 07, 2012, 01:51 PM
El Cajon, CA
Joined May 2007
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
sweet

uses small 2-3s lipos, in a battery compartment?

How cool is that..
Yeah, huh. This plane has a few nice design touches. I'm seriously lookin forward to gettin my hands on one of these!!
Old Apr 18, 2012, 01:13 PM
United States, OR, Albany
Joined Oct 2011
492 Posts
Just ordered one with all the fixins, can't wait.
scottieusa is online now Find More Posts by scottieusa
Old Apr 20, 2012, 02:03 AM
El Cajon, CA
Joined May 2007
272 Posts
Bummer, I have been waiting for this plane to be released and just saw that they have moved the date out to the 30th now. Well, only 10 more days. Still looking forward to the release of this bird.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 07:00 AM
Ohio
Joined Nov 2007
223 Posts
Yes, The date has been pushed back. For those of you that did place orders through our site your product will ship out Monday 4/23/12. I have already made contact with you folks so the push back date does NOT apply to in-house orders. I don’t normally rant about other businesses because of my first hand experience with running one. We placed an order for EPP from RC Foam many weeks ago. We only received half (50%) of what was ordered. I left messages on the 800 line and by email as instructed by their site. It took them (1) week to respond to my messages. They sounded skeptical about the error and I informed them that the Dim & Weight of the package was indeed impossible if the count was correct. They said they would ship the difference and seemed a little bothered by my request. It has now been (2) weeks since that conversation and still no foam, my patience is about worn thin. I am very disappointed that they have let me down which in turn has let you folks down. Please know we are doing what we can to resolve this situation and resume manufacturing of this model.

Bert
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 09, 2012, 06:29 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
19,431 Posts
any one build and fly theres yet?

reviews?
Old Aug 04, 2012, 09:09 PM
Joined Mar 2011
50 Posts
I just got my Dynamic 820 today. It was shipped quickly and everything looks great. Thanks Bert! I hope to complete the build in the next couple of days an will post my review and video.

Tracy
daddydog is offline Find More Posts by daddydog
Old Aug 05, 2012, 12:46 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
19,431 Posts
I am currently working in a review as well; but weather is horrible lately. Hope to finish soon.
Here is a quick vid; nothing special was trying to get it dialed in. Was too heavy in this vid, now running it on 3S with 10 gram digital servos.

Like I said; vid is nothing special - more to come

Dynamic Foamy - DYNAMIC 820 EPP 3D (3 min 7 sec)