HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2011, 05:03 AM
Joined Jun 2009
226 Posts
Discussion
How to control brushless ESC with Mach3 PWM?

I just recently got a cheap 3-axis CNC and I'm looking into upgrading the spindle part with a brushless motor. I have already collected (or at least ordered) most of the parts (motor, ESC, collet, power supply) but I would like to make my spindle Mach3 controllable. This means I need some sort of electronics in between my printer port and ESC to convert the PWM signal Mach3 produces suitable to ordinary brushless ESCs (1...2ms). Any ideas?

I know there is a ready commercial product that's doing exactly what I want, it's called RCNC: http://www.logicnc.com/rcnc.html Unfortunately I have not been able to reach the manufacturer and I need to do that in order to ask for a shipping quote to Finland.

Furthermore I found a youtube video that shows exactly what I need and even suggest the implementation is extremely simple with a single PIC and few other components:
Mach3 to brushless ESC PWM converter (1 min 40 sec)

Unfortunately, again, I can not contact the user who posted the vid, youtube says "Channel not available".

So, does anyone of you have any ideas or actual implementations for this scenario? I know the solution is really simple (converting PWM signal from Mach3 to 1...2ms PWM signal with a PIC) but as I know nothing about programming PICs nor the PWM signal coming from Mach3, I'm quite lost.
Trnquill is offline Find More Posts by Trnquill
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2011, 08:30 AM
Joined Jul 2011
2 Posts
RCNC controller

Hello Trnquill,

I wasn't able to contact you via the email that was input to our contact form on the website. It was returned 3 times saying it was undeliverable. Sorry for the confusion.

The shipping is $9.99 to Finland (and actually anywhere else in the world)...if you wanted to make a purchase you can just use the link on the webpage (it adds $9.99 for shipping).

If I can be of any assistance please let me know. You can contact me directly at info@LOGICNC.COM

Chris
@LOGICNC.COM
LOGICNC.COM is offline Find More Posts by LOGICNC.COM
Old Nov 10, 2011, 10:03 AM
Joined Jun 2009
226 Posts
Now THAT I call customer service! Thanks! Must have typoed my email...

Ordered!
Trnquill is offline Find More Posts by Trnquill