USA, NY, Endicott
Joined Oct 2010
I. Sky Surfer Motors
Sky Surfer Motors by Forum Members:
Below is a listing of all the motors that people from the Sky Surfer/Bixler Forum have used or suggested to use on the SkyS/Bixler planes.
1. Turnigy 2627 Brushless Outrunner Motor 4200kv at $9.99
2. Turnigy 2627 Brushless Outrunner 3800kv at $9.97
3. MicroDan 2505-2535Kv Outrunner with a 6x4 prop and use your 40A ESC.
4. This is the only inrunner motor upgrade I would do. It is virtually the same as the Turnigy B2835-16 2200 we were referring to from Hobby King.
5. Hobby King has been out of the 2835-2200's , 6X4E Prop & HK 25-30A ESC
a. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=5203 OR
b. http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...s-Motor/Detail & ESC
6. Turnigty 2835 2700 kv on 3 cell and 6x4 and 6x3 prop. Flew like a rocket but got way too hot.
7. 2835-3900KV brushless inrunner motor.
8. E-Flite 6 series 2000kv inrunner ($59.99), 3 cell and 6x4 prop. Love this motor.
9. This motor has plenty of power and IMO is ideal for this plane.
10. That is what is in mine and that was the best $14 I have spent in a long time. More than enough power.
11. I bought the super mega jet v2 with a 50 amp esc to use as an upgrade motor for this plane. The stock BL motor is more than enough HP for this plane. If you got a brushed motor, then go ahead and put the V2 in right now. AJ
12. I'm running a 2212 2200kv motor from rctimer with a Turnigy 30amp Plush ESC and 2200 Lipo. It seems to be a great combination!
13. I'm going to try the Turnigy 2836-2350kv. It's a bit heavy but I'm thinking the extra power will be good.
14. For FPV flying, I like the E-Flite Six series inrunners. 2200kv or 2700kv.
15. This is the replacement that I use with a 6X4 and 25amp ESC.
16. If you don't mind tearing up the sky and somewhat shorter flying time, you could use THIS one.
17. If you want HIGH efficiency, even higher speed with ~ the same flight times as a stock motor get THIS one if your cash flow will allow it.
In either case, please use a 40A ESC.
18. Once you get around the block a few times then you may want to upgrade to a 350-500 watt motor to tear the sky up with.
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Sold||Bixler Sky Surfer Hawk Sky ARF or complete kit||porcia83||Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W)||1||Sep 14, 2011 10:24 AM|
|Wanted||Hawk Sky, Wild Hawk, Sky Surfer, etc||dpw21562||Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W)||5||Mar 06, 2011 08:12 AM|
|Discussion||Blitz Sky Surfer as a Tractor||clayfeld||Foamies (Kits)||1||Mar 05, 2011 07:21 PM|
|Wanted||Wild Hawk, Hawk Sky, Sky Surfer,||dpw21562||Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W)||0||Mar 03, 2011 08:03 PM|