HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 27, 2011, 11:03 PM
Design > Build > Fly
Arizona, USA
Joined Feb 2005
3,824 Posts
New Product
Bob's Super Simple Shield - MWC board

I have been waiting to share this for what seems quite a while now. I have been conversing with B. Miller (RCG user bob4432) as he has been laying out and designing what is called Bob's Super Simple Shield. The result is actually very versatile yet still very simple. It offers mounting for any type of board including the original Wii Motion Plus (wm+) that runs on the D12 pin, to 3v3 and 5v sensors. The I2C lines are duplicated and can be accessed from the top and bottom of the board.

BlueSkyRC.com is offering them and as far as I know they are the the only MultiWii boards available in the United States.

BSSS MWC Bare Board:
http://www.blueskyrc.com/index.php?m...products_id=34

BSSS MWC 3V3 Kit:
http://www.blueskyrc.com/index.php?m...products_id=35

Qrome is offline Find More Posts by Qrome
Last edited by Qrome; Mar 12, 2012 at 12:36 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2011, 01:06 AM
Multicopter Addict
Southwest Minnesota
Joined Feb 2010
718 Posts
SWEET!! great job!
braindead4554 is offline Find More Posts by braindead4554
Old Oct 28, 2011, 08:03 AM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Feb 2007
82 Posts
A versatile multirotor MultiWii component , nice price point, designed and sold in the U.S.
Nice job Bob4432 and Qrome!
AlGerbens is offline Find More Posts by AlGerbens
Old Oct 28, 2011, 01:59 PM
United States, PA, Greene
Joined Jan 2005
313 Posts
Need three of them

Hi Qrome, I will be ordering the Quad Spider and a Tri in a few more days. I will be ordering three of these also. Are you planning on offering the rest of the parts to finish the board.? Would be kool to buy everything in one store.
st99 is offline Find More Posts by st99
Old Oct 28, 2011, 02:08 PM
Design > Build > Fly
Arizona, USA
Joined Feb 2005
3,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by st99 View Post
Hi Qrome, I will be ordering the Quad Spider and a Tri in a few more days. I will be ordering three of these also. Are you planning on offering the rest of the parts to finish the board.? Would be kool to buy everything in one store.
I will have the 3v3 reg / cap kit listed very soon -- they are ordered and coming. But the 3v3 kit is ONLY required if you are using sensor boards that require 3v3. As for stocking the Arduino Pro Mini, FTDI, and WM+ -- I don't think that will happen. I know it would be nice to have it all at one place, but for me to stock all that stuff would be cost prohibitive for me.

There might be a chance we may list a sensor board -- not sure yet.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 02:20 PM
United States, PA, Greene
Joined Jan 2005
313 Posts
ok, I understand about keeping all the parts on hand. I will probably order a few of the 3v3 reg / caps when you get them in. May use them later.
st99 is offline Find More Posts by st99
Old Oct 28, 2011, 02:24 PM
Design > Build > Fly
Arizona, USA
Joined Feb 2005
3,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by st99 View Post
ok, I understand about keeping all the parts on hand. I will probably order a few of the 3v3 reg / caps when you get them in. May use them later.
Yeah, you can build the board with the 3v3 reg / caps and simply use them later. It will require that you mount the Arduino up on the break-away headers, but I kind of like that anyway. It is kind of nice to be able to remove the Arduino from the board.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 04:41 PM
United States, AZ
Joined May 2010
1,820 Posts
Thank you all for the kinds words. Collaborating with Qrome has been an exceptional experience .
bob4432 is offline Find More Posts by bob4432
Old Oct 28, 2011, 04:45 PM
Design > Build > Fly
Arizona, USA
Joined Feb 2005
3,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob4432 View Post
Thank you all for the kinds words. Collaborating with Qrome has been an exceptional experience .
Thank you! Working with bob4432 has been awesome. It was funny because we had been conversing for a few weeks then he asked to send me some prototypes in the mail and said they would probably be there in 2 days or less... I said "why is that?" -- he responded with "because I only live 20 miles or so North of you." I had no idea. Can't wait to get a few more items going now too!
Old Oct 31, 2011, 02:20 AM
Germany - Rhineland
Joined Oct 2008
259 Posts
Real nice board.

But nearly 14 $ for shipping to Europe seems a little high.

BR KH
kalle123 is offline Find More Posts by kalle123
Old Oct 31, 2011, 08:03 AM
Design > Build > Fly
Arizona, USA
Joined Feb 2005
3,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalle123 View Post
Real nice board.

But nearly 14 $ for shipping to Europe seems a little high.

BR KH
Yeah, it is high. Currently I don't have an easy international shipping for really small items. I am using the Small Flat Rate box and it is perfect for most of the items I sell international. $13.95 isn't that bad if you get a frame and props with the board.

Thanks.

-David
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:07 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,952 Posts
I have been waiting patiently for BOB1234 to start selling his simple shield. I am glad it is finally here. Do you think I will miss the boat on this one.

Qrome is quick. I just ordered it and it is here. So I better get it up and running. 2 hours later it is ready.

I presume it needs some external power for the gyro and acc to work. I got the firmware loaded and fired up the GUI but the gyro and acc is not moving yet. I don't have any power to it besides the USB cord.

Anyhow, time to find a machine to test it out.
SeismicCWave is offline Find More Posts by SeismicCWave
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:32 PM
Design > Build > Fly
Arizona, USA
Joined Feb 2005
3,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeismicCWave View Post
I have been waiting patiently for BOB1234 to start selling his simple shield. I am glad it is finally here. Do you think I will miss the boat on this one.

Qrome is quick. I just ordered it and it is here. So I better get it up and running. 2 hours later it is ready.

I presume it needs some external power for the gyro and acc to work. I got the firmware loaded and fired up the GUI but the gyro and acc is not moving yet. I don't have any power to it besides the USB cord.

Anyhow, time to find a machine to test it out.
It looks fantastic -- great job and fast work there!
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:59 PM
United States, AZ
Joined May 2010
1,820 Posts
WOW, that was quick. Looking good Seismic
bob4432 is offline Find More Posts by bob4432
Old Nov 01, 2011, 12:29 AM
Design > Build > Fly
Arizona, USA
Joined Feb 2005
3,824 Posts
The 3V3 Kit is now listed for the board. Note, it is only required if you intend to use a 3V3 sensor board.

http://www.blueskyrc.com/index.php?m...products_id=35