HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 27, 2011, 05:05 AM
Joined Nov 2004
962 Posts
Discussion
Donatas Design: Deluxe V3.5 plans for sale!

Dear friends, I would like to introduce you one more new blueprint, for real well known and great flying airplane Deluxe. Deluxe V.3 was produced by Donuts models, new version is based on V3, only with few small changes that
make plane more stable and acceptable for smaller halls. Also now it is much easier to set right Center of gravity. With Deluxe me and my colleagues won and place well in many top F3P competitions in Europe. Deluxe is big and very stable plane, it is designed for pattern sequences without snap rolls and spins. I hope you will enjoy building and flying this plane as much as I did.

Price for 15 page hi detailed Deluxe V3,5 plans will be only 16eur ore 23usd. Best way to make payment for Deluxe V3,5 plans is using paypal transfer, my paypal address is donatas.pauzuolis@gmail.com. When i receive payment, plans and manual will be send to you by email in PDF format (to open it you will need Acrobat Reader). When you make payment please mention in note section; your full name and email address where i should send plans and manual. Sending plans should not take longer than 24h, in case im near PC it will be just matter of few minutes. However please understand that sometimes im away to few days competition, so rare cases of delay possible, but be sure eventually you will receive plans and my support if you will have some questions building plane. If you have any questions now please send them here: donatasdesign@gmail.com

Here are some pictures and videos:
New Deluxe V3 (2 min 23 sec)

Uk Electric indoor Masters (3 min 21 sec)
3Don is offline Find More Posts by 3Don
Last edited by 3Don; Oct 27, 2011 at 05:21 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:26 AM
F3P, Slap, IMAC, Helis
Joined Jun 2007
286 Posts
does the plans include milling templates
Bubba Gump is online now Find More Posts by Bubba Gump
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:55 AM
Joined Nov 2004
962 Posts
Hello BG. No plans does not include milling templates. I believe covering with melar is much easier and faster option, so i recommend it agains milling for F3P planes.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 06:43 PM
F3P, Slap, IMAC, Helis
Joined Jun 2007
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Don View Post
Hello BG. No plans does not include milling templates. I believe covering with melar is much easier and faster option, so i recommend it agains milling for F3P planes.
do have the templates then for were to cut the holes then pretty much same thing.
Bubba Gump is online now Find More Posts by Bubba Gump
Old Oct 29, 2011, 02:16 AM
Joined Nov 2004
962 Posts
This picture can give you general idea how it should be done:
http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...7-250-Del8.jpg
I will consider in future ad F3P plans adding such drawing.
Old Nov 06, 2011, 04:21 AM
Joined Nov 2004
962 Posts
I received email from one of customer that bought Deluxe, i think this might be interesting for rest people that bought set of plans:

Question:
The tabs are missing on the ailerons to fit the air brakes, the tabs are also missing to fit the canards and the elevator and rudder servo positions are also missing on the plan.

Here was my answer:

Sorry about this, but it thought is quite obvious from pictures where Brakes and T Canard must be, tabs are just extra work when you cut details, and in my opinion its easier just to place them as you want.
I did not place holes for elevator and rudder servo , so everyone have own selection where to place servos. In F3P planes it is important to get right center of gravity with lightest equipment you can get. I always put aileron servo first (because there is not much chance to improvise with this). Next i mount motor with propeller, landing gear and battery in very front of the plane, then i look where C.G. is at that point, if i still need more weight in front i place rudder and elevator servos as close to nose as possible. It is very hard to predict where is best place for elevator ore rudder servos, because everyone is using different weight servos.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 11:10 AM
Epic Win or Epic Fail!
Kent, England.
Joined Dec 2001
815 Posts
Payment Sent.
awood12345 is offline Find More Posts by awood12345
Old Nov 28, 2011, 03:47 AM
Epic Win or Epic Fail!
Kent, England.
Joined Dec 2001
815 Posts
Is Dontas ok? I haven't heard from him all weekend about the plans I ordered.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 05:17 AM
Build 2 Bounce!
Birmingham, UK
Joined Jul 2006
1,660 Posts
Don has been in Germany over the weekend at the Indoor Championships. I'm sure he will be in touch as soon as he arrives home.

Si.
firetrappe is offline Find More Posts by firetrappe
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2011, 06:47 AM
Epic Win or Epic Fail!
Kent, England.
Joined Dec 2001
815 Posts
That explains it, cheers firetrappe.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 11:08 AM
Joined Nov 2004
962 Posts
Mr. Mills thank you for answer, yes i was away in Germany from Friday until now, Alan plans and ifo you ask already send to you, couple minutes ago, thank you for patience and your order. Have fun with this plane, mate!
Old Nov 29, 2011, 03:20 AM
Epic Win or Epic Fail!
Kent, England.
Joined Dec 2001
815 Posts
Cheers Dontas, plan received and I can't wait to build it. Now I need to figure out how to set up the cnc at work. :P
Old Dec 02, 2011, 04:49 PM
3D Hack
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
1,926 Posts
Hey Donatas,

Is this available as a kit?

Available in USA?

Also, what are the specs on this:

- wingspan?
- weight?
- 3mm Depron?
- Motor?
- ESC?

Thanks,

JC
JC Spohr is offline Find More Posts by JC Spohr
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by JC Spohr; Dec 02, 2011 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Added request for specs
Old Dec 03, 2011, 05:40 AM
Joined Nov 2004
962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Spohr View Post
Hey Donatas,
Is this available as a kit?
Available in USA?
Also, what are the specs on this:
- wingspan?
- weight?
- 3mm Depron?
- Motor?
- ESC?
Thanks,
JC
Hello JC. Dave Lockhart was selling them, but i think now he is out of stock. Right now Deluxe availa le as blueprint in tiled PDF format, for 16eur.

Wingspan: 93cm
Weight deppend on your building skills and equipment, i saw lightest Deluxe milled by Devin MCGrath and build by Dave it was 115g rtf.
3MM depon is best for such model.
I use AXI2203/52 with great success, it is real big plane so extra weight on nose is good to achieve right CG.
Thunderbird 6A esc from Castel Creation work great.
Old Dec 03, 2011, 10:37 AM
3D Hack
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
1,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Don View Post
Hello JC. Dave Lockhart was selling them, but i think now he is out of stock. Right now Deluxe availa le as blueprint in tiled PDF format, for 16eur.

Wingspan: 93cm
Weight deppend on your building skills and equipment, i saw lightest Deluxe milled by Devin MCGrath and build by Dave it was 115g rtf.
3MM depon is best for such model.
I use AXI2203/52 with great success, it is real big plane so extra weight on nose is good to achieve right CG.
Thunderbird 6A esc from Castel Creation work great.
Thanks!

I sent Dave a PM to see if he had one to part with.

What servos, prop and battery are you using?

Thanks again,

JC
JC Spohr is offline Find More Posts by JC Spohr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: About Me