987 Posts
What about RDS in these?
1967250s is offline Find More Posts by 1967250s
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2011, 03:10 PM
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Sep 2010
764 Posts
I doubt it would improve much! These things fly great just as you see them in this thread.
Just came in from a full launch power session, OMG! Love it! No need for a rudder, tracks like it's on rails and somehow even turns like it has one.
I used the supplied blade on mine and I really like the feel.
If you know me and want any of the planes I own, send me a PM...LOL Just don't ask for my Polaris!
GOOD JOB MOMENTUM...
NCDLG is offline Find More Posts by NCDLG
Old Nov 06, 2011, 04:56 PM
Sweden
Joined Feb 2009
16 Posts
Thanks, Eric! Glad that you like it! :-)

Your light wing, with built in servos, will pop out of the mold this week. Expects to end up at 130g with servos...

RDS: We simply don't think RDS is good enough. Someone has to prove me wrong first. In reality. ;-)

Jonas B
Jonas Blomdahl is offline Find More Posts by Jonas Blomdahl
Old Nov 06, 2011, 05:18 PM
Joined Aug 2009
1,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas Blomdahl View Post

Your light wing, with built in servos, will pop out of the mold this week. Expects to end up at 130g with servos...

RDS: We simply don't think RDS is good enough. Someone has to prove me wrong first. In reality. ;-)

Jonas B
hi jonas,

130gr? what lay-up , foam and servo's are used?

-kristof-
krikkens is online now Find More Posts by krikkens
Old Nov 06, 2011, 05:25 PM
Sweden
Joined Feb 2009
16 Posts
Hyperions, light foam, light carbon fabric and process control with a small amount of epoxy... ;-)

Jonas
Old Nov 06, 2011, 05:37 PM
Sweden
Joined Feb 2009
16 Posts
Well done in Arizona! Both of you, Donnie and Paul. Congratulations!
Old Nov 06, 2011, 05:39 PM
Where did my plane go???
United States, CA, Tustin
Joined Nov 2008
638 Posts
Quote:

Jonas B
Is that special order or is that how the wings are now?

HUGH
:-)
HHARRIS is offline Find More Posts by HHARRIS
Old Nov 06, 2011, 05:47 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Jun 2008
5,297 Posts
I got to fly Donnie's Polaris for a few minutes today. I've only flown rudderless a handful of times, this include bank n' yank warbirds. As far as DLG's go, I previously had only flown a rudderless plane once, and that was yesterday.

I was really impressed with the Polaris. I believe this plane has considerably more performance than I have ability. It actually made me look like I was flying somewhat smooth in relatively light air.
carlsoti is offline Find More Posts by carlsoti
Old Nov 06, 2011, 05:50 PM
Joined Aug 2009
1,247 Posts
Quote:
Hyperions, light foam, light carbon fabric and process control with a small amount of epoxy... ;-)

Jonas
is that the "special" spread-tow fabric i have seen at the german open this year? and i gues you used other foam then rohacell too then?

130gr is very light so i guess the foam density should be around 15kgm³

thanks

-kristof-
krikkens is online now Find More Posts by krikkens
Old Nov 06, 2011, 05:58 PM
Sweden
Joined Feb 2009
16 Posts
We are constantly developing new lay-ups and using the latest available fabrics. The all round version is still at 150-155g including servoes. The version at 130g is a light version for light conditions, only recommended to pilots who can alternate to stronger version in windy conditions. We have also heavier versions at up 180g for customers demanding a very strong wing.

All lay-ups are under development but the latest will soon be described on MMT's homepage.

Jonas
Old Nov 06, 2011, 07:01 PM
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Sep 2010
764 Posts
Trying to contain my enthusiasm over this DLG since bringing only the wing home from Bruces.

Really looking forward to a very lite #2.

Congratulations Paul and Donnie, nice work at BSoAZ
I'd have loved to have seen that flyoff! No such thing as a throw away round when it comes right down to it!

Eric
NCDLG is offline Find More Posts by NCDLG
Old Nov 06, 2011, 09:31 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
Glendale, AZ
Joined Jun 2008
2,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDLG View Post

Congratulations Paul and Donnie, nice work at BSoAZ
I'd have loved to have seen that flyoff! No such thing as a throw away round when it comes right down to it!

Eric
It was a beautiful thing to watch! Ten planes in a launch, each going to extreme heights on the throw, then all tracking to the thermal & the gaggle rising, sometimes very fast to very high altitudes.

Just as exciting were the mass return for relights in the ladder task. The planes making high speed runs back to the field with some acrobatics thrown in for fun, with everyone catching & relaunching together!

There were Concepts, the two Polaris, and believe it or not a bunch of Blasters in the flyoffs, along with Phil's Taboo and others.

BP
bbbp is offline Find More Posts by bbbp
Old Nov 07, 2011, 12:36 AM
Throw it like you hate it
United States, CA, Castro Valley
Joined Apr 2007
3,070 Posts
Quote:
Well done in Arizona! Both of you, Donnie and Paul. Congratulations!
Thanks, Jonas! You and Mattias made an amazing plane! i dont have enough good things to say about it. it is a very stable craft yet indicates very well. i am still amazed at how you guys were able to blend both a great launch and run while maintaining great float. usually you have to sacrifice one end of the spectrum for the other, but the Polaris seems to be have a very wide speed envelope. i really like it! i am a happy customer.

this plane is very user-friendly. i had about an hour on it prior to the contest (i maidened it the day before the contest) and flew it from the first round all the way through the flyoffs and felt very comfortable with it from the beginning. i was not let down. its great! send more please
paul
RCPC is offline Find More Posts by RCPC
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 07, 2011, 01:39 AM
Team WC2013 F3K
Sweden
Joined Dec 2004
984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHARRIS View Post
Is that special order or is that how the wings are now?

HUGH
:-)
Hugh, The version you have is the "standard". The ultimate allrounder.

Beside this version you can order "light" or "heavy duty" versions. NOTE! ALL versions are fullcarbon versions for the wing.
I would say that the AUW is around this numbers:

"light" 250g-255g
"standard" 265g
"heavy duty" 285g

For all version we start taking orders for moulded in servos prepared for top driven! All info soon on our homepage.

/Jonas Ekman
oakman7004 is online now Find More Posts by oakman7004
Old Nov 07, 2011, 01:40 AM
Team WC2013 F3K
Sweden
Joined Dec 2004
984 Posts
Donnie and Paul...YOU ROCK! Great flying in AZ...

/Jonas
oakman7004 is online now Find More Posts by oakman7004