SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 08, 2012, 03:57 PM
M Seid
Solana Beach, Ca
Joined Sep 2006
3,073 Posts
Had a call with my local Polaris dealer yesterday. Put in a new paint scheme request. People keep hijacking my stash, and style. Globally. Gotta keep innovating with pink and staying ahead of the masses. This one is gonna be a JEM.
M Seid is offline Find More Posts by M Seid
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2012, 04:19 PM
COSMOPOLITAN
Joined Oct 2005
522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Seid View Post
Had a call with my local Polaris dealer yesterday. Put in a new paint scheme request. People keep hijacking my stash, and style. Globally. Gotta keep innovating with pink and staying ahead of the masses. This one is gonna be a JEM.
Innovating with pink Mike ??? Gosh, you will attract the wrong crowd. For what it's worth : you are already pretty well ahead of the masses.

Anyway, I was just trying to get Joe W's settings and flight phases for the V3, but I guess this is the wrong thread for this. And I don't have an address in NZ to send him a beer anyway.

Cool is the rule,

Yves
ydevriendt is offline Find More Posts by ydevriendt
Old Sep 09, 2012, 06:34 PM
Throw it like you hate it
United States, CA, Castro Valley
Joined Apr 2007
3,079 Posts
How can anyone really bite your pink style? It's too unique. Can't wait to see the new arrival to Team Douche.
Paul
RCPC is offline Find More Posts by RCPC
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:01 AM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,071 Posts
Midair damage first aid:

1. Cleaned the wound thoroughly.
2. Disinfected with thin CA.
3. Bandaged with clear packing tape.
4. Injected PU Gorilla glue & water mix with a syringe through the tape. Glue expanded to fill the void to shape of wing. Cured overnight, then removed bandage.
5. Slathered surface with light weight spackling compound. When dry, leveled and sanded smooth with a block.
7. Surgically applied skin graft after removing paint around edges so it would bond carbon to carbon. Cloth saturated with West finishing resin. Covered with clear packing tape while wet, then clamped between foam blocks overnight while the resin set. Tape removed.

All done, except for some touchup paint... maybe... Looks kinda cool as is, and reminds me of TS round 15 when the stakes were high, and she didn't let me down even when wounded .

Mike
like.2.fly is online now Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Last edited by like.2.fly; Sep 14, 2012 at 12:08 AM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:06 AM
Team ATX Pilot
Phx. Az.
Joined Nov 2004
1,311 Posts
Nice repair Mike looks like the foaming pu worked out well. On my heavy I have two pu glue and packing tape repair. Both have been launched in heavy winds and are doing well, gotta love how easy these repairs are.
Donnie
dbone is offline Find More Posts by dbone
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:23 AM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,071 Posts
Thanks for the PU & tape tip, Donnie. Super easy and works great. Solid core wings rock.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:55 PM
Throw it like you hate it
United States, CA, Castro Valley
Joined Apr 2007
3,079 Posts
hey, Mike, i didnt know you were an MD nice repair job. the solid core wing sure is easy to repair. one of the many reasons i am a fan of this construction technique. nice work! soldier on, mighty Polaris!
paul
RCPC is offline Find More Posts by RCPC
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:57 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,071 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPC View Post
hey, Mike, i didnt know you were an MD nice repair job. the solid core wing sure is easy to repair. one of the many reasons i am a fan of this construction technique. nice work! soldier on, mighty Polaris!
paul
Well, my name is Michael David, so I guess I am an MD .
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:03 PM
São Paulo, Brazil
Joined Dec 2009
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by like.2.fly View Post
Thanks for the PU & tape tip, Donnie. Super easy and works great. Solid core wings rock.
Hey Mike, would you care to share the glue name and/or catalog number? I hope I don't ever need it, but nevertheless I'll try to have some shipped to Brazil..
You just never know!

P.S. - Loving my Polaris! Can't wait for the new ones to arrive!
pavani is offline Find More Posts by pavani
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:53 PM
M Seid
Solana Beach, Ca
Joined Sep 2006
3,073 Posts
Bruno,

Congrats on your win in the Brazillian Team Selects. Great job, my friend! When are you going to order a yellow and green set of polari?
M Seid is offline Find More Posts by M Seid
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:53 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,071 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavani View Post
Hey Mike, would you care to share the glue name and/or catalog number? I hope I don't ever need it, but nevertheless I'll try to have some shipped to Brazil..
You just never know!

P.S. - Loving my Polaris! Can't wait for the new ones to arrive!
Hi Bruno!

I used Gorilla Glue (see HERE), specifically the fast drying one that is white in color (HERE). But any "polyurethane" (PU) glue will do. It foams up and expands when coming in contact with a bit of water.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:57 PM
São Paulo, Brazil
Joined Dec 2009
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Seid View Post
Bruno,

Congrats on your win in the Brazillian Team Selects. Great job, my friend! When are you going to order a yellow and green set of polari?
Hey Mike! Thank you! Well, even the idea of having some yellow and green ones sound interesting, I'm sticking to a fluorescent orange desin I'm using, it's just way better to see
Hope to meet you again next year!!
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:57 PM
São Paulo, Brazil
Joined Dec 2009
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by like.2.fly View Post
Hi Bruno!

I used Gorilla Glue (see HERE), specifically the fast drying one that is white in color (HERE). But any "polyurethane" (PU) glue will do. It foams up and expands when coming in contact with a bit of water.
Thank you Mike, good ideas..., will try to search for something around here!

regards!
Old Sep 14, 2012, 04:24 PM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
17,043 Posts
When using the Gorilla glue a trick to make the finished product smooth as glass is the use the back side "The Non sticky" side of the 2" wide clear packing tape and form in place so as the glue expands it is held to shape by a jig, or whatever. When you pull the tape off the glue has a smooth as glass finish. Play with the glue a bit before using so you get used to how it reacts with different amounts of water. Its great stuff!
JONBOYLEMON is online now Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Sep 14, 2012, 04:24 PM
hot air rises...
Pleasant Grove, UT
Joined Jul 2005
7,714 Posts
IME, the white version is prefered (I really liked the Sumo brand but can't find it anymore). The white is more rigid than the brown regular Gorilla glue. The white also sets much faster.
jfinch is offline Find More Posts by jfinch