HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:26 PM
Throw it like you hate it
United States, CA, Castro Valley
Joined Apr 2007
3,085 Posts
i echo Donnie's comments. i was hesitant flying rudderless long ago when i had a Sirius but that plane flew so nicely, i didnt want to change anything. the Polaris is the same case. it flies effortlessly without a rudder if you use the recommended settings by MMT. i have played with the settings (throws and CG) and i really think the recommended settings work well for me. you wont be upset with the plane.
paul
RCPC is offline Find More Posts by RCPC
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2012, 11:07 PM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,640 Posts
We'll see. I appreciate the confidence you guys have in the plane and your help. I'll let you all know if I decide to get one.

thanks everyone.
Mike
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Old Aug 24, 2012, 12:07 AM
Team ATX Pilot
Phx. Az.
Joined Nov 2004
1,311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom43004 View Post
Just make sure you get the right GB powder. Gavin used my GB Foot powder once on "other" areas... wasn't pretty.
Yes I am waiting for Mike to power me up, I will bring my own product and gloves he has been dealing with a lot of baby poop!
dbone is offline Find More Posts by dbone
Old Aug 24, 2012, 01:34 AM
M Seid
Solana Beach, Ca
Joined Sep 2006
3,102 Posts
I don't use gloves on sensitive skin.
M Seid is online now Find More Posts by M Seid
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:52 AM
Team Horizon pilot
Louisville, KY
Joined Jun 2005
1,217 Posts
If all the Polaris lovers testimony has you considering an order you can get that process started by e-mailing me here: bruce.davidson@momentum-mt.se

Each model is made just for you with your choice of color and layup options. If anyone is interested I got one with a less than perfect paint job in the last order. It has dayglo orange tips but the paint is light on one tip and the Polaris logo. The swedes have taken $150 off the price on this kit. Go ugly early and you can bypass the waiting list while saving a few bucks. The kit is $800 plus shipping.

Bruce
got2soar is offline Find More Posts by got2soar
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:55 AM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by got2soar View Post
...If anyone is interested I got one with a less than perfect paint job in the last order. It has dayglo orange tips but the paint is light on one tip and the Polaris logo. The swedes have taken $150 off the price on this kit. Go ugly early and you can bypass the waiting list while saving a few bucks. The kit is $800 plus shipping.

Bruce
PM sent...
like.2.fly is online now Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:56 AM
Sink? Circling now to confirm.
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined May 2002
17,096 Posts
Dang Mike, you are too fast for me!!!!! Thanks for picking that up for me.......
JONBOYLEMON is online now Find More Posts by JONBOYLEMON
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:08 AM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,640 Posts
Yeah, that was a good deal! Dang, you gotta be fast around these DLG guys....
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:45 PM
It's a mere flesh wound!
Woodstock,Ga.
Joined Jun 2004
1,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom43004 View Post
Just make sure you get the right GB powder. Gavin used my GB Foot powder once on "other" areas... wasn't pretty.
You guys are using the wrong powder...This is the "good stuff":
http://www.cvs.com/shop/product-deta...r?skuId=392747

Buddy
Buddy Roos is offline Find More Posts by Buddy Roos
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 25, 2012, 12:43 AM
United States, IL, Bloomington
Joined Feb 2002
977 Posts
Or...
http://freshballs.com/
wgeffon is offline Find More Posts by wgeffon
Old Aug 25, 2012, 05:08 AM
Team WC2013 F3K
Sweden
Joined Dec 2004
995 Posts
Polaris lead the way to GOLD at EC F3K in France

I hope you haven't missed the success for Polaris at this years F3K European Championship held in France.

- Team Gold for Sweden were all pilots were flying Polaris. Good job Stefan Wahlberg, Soren Svantesson, Mattias Hammarskiold!!!!
- Senior Silver for Mattias Hammarskiöld ( MMT owner)
- Junior Team Bronze were MMT's Sirius and Polaris was flown by the juniors.
- Stefan Wahlberg placed 9
- Soren Svantesson placed 10 just outside the finals!

The Polaris do launch high on the international scene and yet floats with good min sink. AUW used at the championship was 90 % of the time around 270g and 9% 330g and above and 1% of the flights 260g and below for the senior pilots. Average wind was weak 0-3m/s except for two days with nice and steady wind above 7 m/s.

/Jonas Ekman "proud team member and caller"
oakman7004 is online now Find More Posts by oakman7004
Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:32 AM
M Seid
Solana Beach, Ca
Joined Sep 2006
3,102 Posts
Jonas, please reveal the percentage for flights flown rudderless, and with a rudder. We noticed in the spy photos at least one model with a conspicuous horn sticking out of a rudder. Confirmation at a least one swede has committed blasphemy...
M Seid is online now Find More Posts by M Seid
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:52 AM
Håkan Nate Sjöberg
Sverige, Västra Götalands Län, Göteborg
Joined Jan 2004
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Seid View Post
Jonas, please reveal the percentage for flights flown rudderless, and with a rudder. We noticed in the spy photos at least one model with a conspicuous horn sticking out of a rudder. Confirmation at a least one swede has committed blasphemy...

Yeah seriously Jonas, who's the peanut with a rudder on a Polaris? I bet HE is feeling kind of AWKWARD about now..
isobar is offline Find More Posts by isobar
Old Aug 26, 2012, 07:12 AM
Team WC2013 F3K
Sweden
Joined Dec 2004
995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Seid View Post
99% of the flights was rudderless...The Polaris equipped with rudder that you refer to was a borrowed Heavy duty version that Soren Svantesson had as nr 5 glider. He used it in 2 rounds due to very heavy winds.

And using rudder is also a way of flying DLG's....just a different approach!

/Jonas
oakman7004 is online now Find More Posts by oakman7004
Old Sep 08, 2012, 03:40 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,111 Posts
Results of a midair with another Polaris at the TS. It was in the second flight of the 1-2-3-4 task, and I continued flying and launching with the damage the remainder of the round to score a 994. Certainly a testament to the durability and longevity of solid core wings! The gash is 2" deep, about 3/4 of the way outboard on the wing. A hollow wing would likely have been unflyable at that point. A quick repair job and this one will be good as new. Love my Polaris! Picked up another kit from Bruce at the contest.
like.2.fly is online now Find More Posts by like.2.fly