HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2011, 12:20 AM
中国, 广东省, 深圳
Joined Aug 2011
244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptern View Post
hm.... I can see no one has mentioned this:

Hey FTM, what type of radio gear do you have? I came across the same problem as your when I flew my very first heli, the Blade400 (big mistake). The radio DX6i was programmed for intermediate user. It had all the settings ready for 3D flying but I was fresh and didn't know anything about this. So I gave it a try in normal mode and in a control panic, I pull the throtle down to land the thing, the danm thing slammed right down to earth. (-ve pitch for inverted fly). Nothing was damaged but it scared the hell out of me. Gradualy, thanks to this forum and the manual, I've learned that I can program the radio so the thing will have less or more pitch and less or more controls by using the aileron, pitch and elevate settings. If your radio is advanced as my, then perhps you can program it to less sensitive to elevate (front or rear) and aileron (left or right). This will make the hoovering and slow moving around much more easy. As soon as you've mastered the hoovering and maneuver and the danm thing is 'clicked' you are almost there.

Hope this help.
FTM's TX is 0404 or ET4,I guest, nothing to do with a pitch thing or adjust the servo arm movement scale
vincent722 is offline Find More Posts by vincent722
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:12 AM
Joined Oct 2008
105 Posts
Tip,,, stop flying with your thumbs !! Use pinch instead and use a neck strap !!! And from your video.....!!! You are no way ready to fly yet!!
Get a good simulator and save your self a lot of money!!!
DCT1 is offline Find More Posts by DCT1
Old Oct 28, 2011, 01:38 PM
Newbie RC'r and member
United Kingdom, England, Haywards Heath
Joined Sep 2011
207 Posts
clearview cant recognise my controller. fms doews work. only hope is to save up for phoenix. ad i tried. but it is very unnatural for me. and i cant seem to get good control
felixthemaster is offline Find More Posts by felixthemaster
Old Oct 28, 2011, 01:38 PM
Newbie RC'r and member
Joined Sep 2011
207 Posts
only my thumbs seem to work best. but i can barely reach all four conrnors (small fingers )
Old Oct 28, 2011, 02:45 PM
S.A.D. member
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2004
9,392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCT1 View Post
Tip,,, stop flying with your thumbs !! Use pinch instead and use a neck strap !!! And from your video.....!!! You are no way ready to fly yet!!
Get a good simulator and save your self a lot of money!!!
Most (if not all) heli pilots I've seen use their thumbs to fly. I am an exception (pinching the sticks) as I also fly airplanes (no 3D) and the pinch method gives me smoother stick control. But I see it as a disadvantage when flying a heli as I can not do any maneuvers which require quick and relatively large stick movements.
ivanc is offline Find More Posts by ivanc
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 28, 2011, 03:09 PM
Make Stuff!
Pineville,NC USA
Joined Jan 2008
400 Posts
Thumbs are fine. I think I heard once that it's almost split 50/50 among elite pilots as to whether they prefer pinch or thumbs.

I learned on a HBFP over 4 years ago and I have a nephew making good progress with one now. They are cheap to repair and pretty rugged.

Vibration is usually caused by blade twist (tracking for fps) or uneven blade tension. Otherwise, check the head for a missing, loose or broken link.

Get a simulator. In the end it will save you the money you would otherwise spend on parts and lots of repair time.

It ain't easy...that's why it's fun.
thrustboy is offline Find More Posts by thrustboy
Old Oct 28, 2011, 03:09 PM
Newbie RC'r and member
Joined Sep 2011
207 Posts
thank you. I was worried because I thought everyone used the pinch method.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 03:10 PM
Newbie RC'r and member
Joined Sep 2011
207 Posts
yes,. i nee3d to save uyp for phoenix
Last edited by felixthemaster; Oct 29, 2011 at 09:04 AM. Reason: not int he rules
Old Oct 28, 2011, 03:44 PM
United States, MO, St Peters
Joined Apr 2011
412 Posts
I use thumb method, the other way is WRONG...

kidding, of course. I tried once though and it was a mess to clean up. Once you learn one way it's hard to switch just like anything else. A neck strap is a huge bonus, they're only a buck or two.
sirs69 is offline Find More Posts by sirs69
Old Oct 28, 2011, 03:45 PM
Joined Apr 2011
412 Posts
Also, please don't admit to stealing software, keep it to yourself
Old Oct 28, 2011, 04:08 PM
Newbie RC'r and member
Joined Sep 2011
207 Posts
neck straps help for thumbs too? i cant image how but anyway,

i never "steal software" if i like it, i go and buy it. if i dont, uninstall
Old Oct 28, 2011, 04:10 PM
S.A.D. member
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2004
9,392 Posts
It's weird about the neck strap - I use one to fly airplanes but can not stand it when I fly helis. Go figure...
ivanc is offline Find More Posts by ivanc
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 28, 2011, 05:00 PM
Joined Apr 2011
412 Posts
I just like it to hold the tx is all..

Not trying to blast you about software theft, what you do is your own business. Just try not to mention it plz.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 05:01 PM
Newbie RC'r and member
Joined Sep 2011
207 Posts
alrite. also, is phoenix worth it? worth 80 quid? quite expensive indubly doo
Old Oct 28, 2011, 05:06 PM
Joined Apr 2011
412 Posts
That's up to you I guess, personally I don't use it nearly as much as I should be.

Keep in mind, it's just a simulator so it's not exact to real life, in some cases it's a bit off. 3D leaves a bit to be desired, it seems way easier on Phoenix than real life. Like I said though, it's up to you and your preferences. If you took to the other sims, you should like Phoenix.