HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 26, 2011, 03:49 PM
Newbie RC'r and member
United Kingdom, England, Haywards Heath
Joined Sep 2011
207 Posts
I see. That is why i found it strange when i mastered hover on my solo pro the first flight!

But srsly guys. I really hate fixing things. its darn hard. so I'll try to stare at the head design and stuff to see where all the links go and stuff. i dont wana buy nuttcase's DVD on the full 20 min video of repairs
felixthemaster is offline Find More Posts by felixthemaster
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2011, 04:02 PM
Newbie RC'r and member
Joined Sep 2011
207 Posts
hbv2 ... will give it another chance.

When i first flew it today in a gust, it flew pretty fast straight towards someone's 3rd floor window. I waiting for the heli to self level out and stop hurling at someones window. I saw his face and I dont think he was too calm

then somehow i managed to not hit anything and decend slowly avoiding falling on any cars. I found out that I am pretty lucky at not hitting obstacles! maybe its a fluke, maybe its a gift, i dont know. (i think fluke)

thanks again everyone. you guys mde my day!

note:the ther topics under electric helis seem to be in bold except mine.... is that how it is or... hmm...
Old Oct 26, 2011, 04:29 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,364 Posts
The trick to HBFP is to be more ornery and stubborn than the aircraft.

It will respond faster with the flybar weights full inboard or removed altogether (if V2 permits that).

But seriously, HBFP is the easiest helicopter to work on. Without 'much' exaggeration, you can put HBFP back together in the dark.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Oct 26, 2011, 05:02 PM
Newbie RC'r and member
Joined Sep 2011
207 Posts
*i waited for the heli to self....

wow grammar fail!!!

anyway, arbilab, If this is the easiest, then, wow... I cant imagine a t-rex 700 nitro...

I knwo a a 250 cp is less stable than a 500 or a 450 but i dunno if its harder than a 450+
Old Oct 26, 2011, 09:05 PM
中国, 广东省, 深圳
Joined Aug 2011
244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthemaster View Post
edit. every time i fly, the blade unbends itself and i have to do blade tracking again!
now you have got yourself in so much trouble with HBFP. believe me the HB rotor is a big damn~~~ that's all the root of problems you are facing now. the blade tracking thing is a big nightmare.sometimes you can only try your luck by bending things, no scientific base at all, randomly,

nobody listen to me about the adjustable linkage and a 45/ flybar with paddles.

though i also have had a good time with HBFP, but that was before several slight crashes

after several crashes ,no good time no more.you cannot turn it back to what it used to be even you replace all new parts

Colco's Thunder Bird is also a 90 degree flybar helis same size as HBFP ,but with a much stronger rotor build and better quality material of build compared to HBFP

take a look at my fly video in the past two years with these birds,,,,

http://u.youku.com/user_video/id_UMTU2Mzk4MDg4.html

among them ,HBFP video in good time(before crash)
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjA2MTA1ODA0.html
Colco's Thunder Bird
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjczNzk5ODg4.html
vincent722 is offline Find More Posts by vincent722
Last edited by vincent722; Oct 26, 2011 at 09:19 PM.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 09:12 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
Marina Village, NC
Joined Aug 2007
3,296 Posts
i learned on the original HBFP. just be patient
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Oct 26, 2011, 09:32 PM
中国, 广东省, 深圳
Joined Aug 2011
244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCinNC View Post
i learned on the original HBFP. just be patient
HBFP is the worst heil among this size FP helis exported from China. Maybe you guys have no other choices but HBFP in your oversea market to choose.

just like KFC in China ,they kinda of luxury food here , but in the US, I think it's Junk, Rubbish food
Old Oct 26, 2011, 10:39 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
20,692 Posts
Blade tracking issues on FP helis are not critical. They will handle a lot of variance in blade tracking without major effects. Most problems with the HBFP are the head isn't snapped on evenly on both sides or the blades are too tight. It's a great heli to learn on. You will learn a lot more than you would with any self-stabilizing heli.
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Oct 26, 2011, 10:52 PM
中国, 广东省, 深圳
Joined Aug 2011
244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
Blade tracking issues on FP helis are not critical. They will handle a lot of variance in blade tracking without major effects. Most problems with the HBFP are the head isn't snapped on evenly on both sides or the blades are too tight. It's a great heli to learn on. You will learn a lot more than you would with any self-stabilizing heli.
Honestly and frankly speaking,without an adjustable linkage, the blade tracking on FBFP could be the most critical issue. that's all the root of problems.

but on my 45\ flybar heli with a stock adjustable linkage, blade tracking issue is just a PIECE OF CAKE. all you have to do is to adjust the length of this adjustable linkage.this heli is just responsive as HBFP, but scientifically adjustable to resolve blade tracking issues.

I need to say again ,this 45/f/b heli has paddles on its flybar, NOT ONLY WEIGHTs as other 45 f/b ones. it's also tough for beginners as HBFP. it's a brand new rotor structure that has successfully applied for copyright patent from national patent bureau.

the truth is to be found here.....people just stick to their old mind.
Last edited by vincent722; Oct 26, 2011 at 11:04 PM.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 04:03 AM
United States, NY, Yonkers
Joined May 2010
195 Posts
Once you get the hang of it the HBFP V2 is pretty easy. The question is, how well can you handle it at this point. Can you hover it over lets say a 3x3 foot area and keep it there indefinitely ? Flying an rc heli is quite hard and the HB doesn't have any gimmicks to make it easy. My advice, take it slow, practice with no wind, get to the point where you can keep it stable and in one place and then transition to different orientation and basic maneuvers. it takes time but not particularly hard. heck, I even learned to hover mine over the winter in a 7x10 foot area inside a living room and without training gear and, other than having to cut the throttle a few times never had any major incidents. Take it slow with this one. it's a kitten once you get the hang of it.
Dimateo is offline Find More Posts by Dimateo
Old Oct 27, 2011, 04:22 AM
Newbie RC'r and member
Joined Sep 2011
207 Posts
well, i need to wait till there is a calm day. the day i got my hbv2, it started to rain and become gloomy and windy. maybe god doesn't want me to fly it? :P

I tried indoors. but i need to be outdoors to trim it properly first.

I left the controller on the floor and the bottom of my jeans caught the throttle and pulled it all the way up. the bird went crazy all over my living room, thankfully missing me and my 2 friends and hitting my computer and breaking the blades. I had to literally do a dive to the controller to reduce throttle
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:51 AM
Mt helena western australia
Joined May 2009
2,011 Posts
dude it gets harder.......once you start flying a cp heli for the first time without any practice (would be easier for you after you master the heli you have now) you will hate helis for a period of about 3-6 months XD but then once you get good at them you will love them XD
rangamatchstic is offline Find More Posts by rangamatchstic
Old Oct 27, 2011, 11:46 AM
Newbie RC'r and member
Joined Sep 2011
207 Posts
haha.

btw, bork the heli again today!

look for my new thread
Old Oct 27, 2011, 06:52 PM
Joined Oct 2011
88 Posts
hm.... I can see no one has mentioned this:

Hey FTM, what type of radio gear do you have? I came across the same problem as your when I flew my very first heli, the Blade400 (big mistake). The radio DX6i was programmed for intermediate user. It had all the settings ready for 3D flying but I was fresh and didn't know anything about this. So I gave it a try in normal mode and in a control panic, I pull the throtle down to land the thing, the danm thing slammed right down to earth. (-ve pitch for inverted fly). Nothing was damaged but it scared the hell out of me. Gradualy, thanks to this forum and the manual, I've learned that I can program the radio so the thing will have less or more pitch and less or more controls by using the aileron, pitch and elevate settings. If your radio is advanced as my, then perhps you can program it to less sensitive to elevate (front or rear) and aileron (left or right). This will make the hoovering and slow moving around much more easy. As soon as you've mastered the hoovering and maneuver and the danm thing is 'clicked' you are almost there.

Hope this help.
ptern is offline Find More Posts by ptern
Old Oct 27, 2011, 06:55 PM
Newbie RC'r and member
Joined Sep 2011
207 Posts
honey bee V2 FIRST hover + CRASHES (5 min 59 sec)

I used the 2.4 esky controller than comes with the hbv2!