SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 14, 2012, 01:15 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Sep 2012
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckAdams View Post
Thanks.

I did run extensions off the motor and routed the wires through the arms. It was a challenge to get all of the ESCs squeezed in. I did a build thread on this site (http://www.multikopter.co.uk/forum/i...-build-thread/) if you are interested.
Hey Chuck,

Very nice build indeed. I can't see the link, probably because I'm not registered. Do the arms fold up on yours or are they stuck there??

Thanks,
Chris
Tunderslimer is offline Find More Posts by Tunderslimer
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:15 PM
Troy, MI
Joined Jan 2008
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunderslimer View Post
Hey Chuck,

Very nice build indeed. I can't see the link, probably because I'm not registered. Do the arms fold up on yours or are they stuck there??

Thanks,
Chris
Hi Chris,

If you are able to PM me your Email address I will email you the link to the build thread. Unfortunately the arms are not able to fold back on mine. Does make it more of a pain to transport to and from the field. If you moved some of the ESCs to the bottom level you may be able to still get the arms to fold.

I have the battery on the bottom of the Y650, the power distribution board and some wiring on the next layer up, and then the ESCs all on the next layer. May be able to move a few on the same level as the Flight Control Board.

You do learn plenty building a Multi Rotor Aircraft. This was my first.

Chuck
ChuckAdams is offline Find More Posts by ChuckAdams
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:19 PM
Troy, MI
Joined Jan 2008
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twwd View Post
ChuckAdams,

Thanks for the info. and your build blog information.
Rob,

If you need some starting settings for your KK2 board let me know. I can give you mine as a starting point. I used some from a guy who had a Y650 and a KK2 Board on You Tube and my maiden went great.

Chuck
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:06 PM
Mesa, Arizona
Joined Sep 2009
651 Posts
Chuck,

That would be great! If it's not imposing on you! I have seen a couple of youtubes that show some of the setting, but none of them really say this is the way they set up there system.

It would be great to have a starting point!

Thank you very much!

Rob
twwd is offline Find More Posts by twwd
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:50 PM
United States, New York, Queens
Joined Dec 2009
5 Posts
I filmed this with my Y650 and gopro. Its an awsome FPT platform. Lost a prop once and was able to land safe.
FPV in NYC "The World's Fair Observation Tower".MP4 (6 min 40 sec)
louisxp1 is offline Find More Posts by louisxp1
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:55 PM
Troy, MI
Joined Jan 2008
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by louisxp1 View Post
I filmed this with my Y650 and gopro. Its an awsome FPT platform. Lost a prop once and was able to land safe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flWUy...FghKINOjnsf5KQ
Really smooth flying Louis.
What kind of camera do you use?

Chuck
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:02 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Sep 2012
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by louisxp1 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flWUy...FghKINOjnsf5KQ
The camera was fixed? No gimbal?
Last edited by Tunderslimer; Oct 14, 2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:28 PM
Mesa, Arizona
Joined Sep 2009
651 Posts
Here are some photos of the equipment I will be using to build the Y650. The other photo shows the two control boards, and the power board for the Quad that I am building also. I am going to use the KK2.0 Boards on the both the Quad and the Y650.

The other Board is a Atmega168PA I ordered to try! After all i have read the KK2.0 Board is the way to go.

Name: 002.jpg
Views: 312
Size: 259.6 KB
Description: Name: 006.jpg
Views: 298
Size: 184.0 KB
Description:

The motors, ESC's, power harness, connectors, and props all came fro RCDude.he has a great line of quality Multicopter frames and parts, and at reasonable prices.
twwd is offline Find More Posts by twwd
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:43 PM
Joined Dec 2009
5 Posts
Thanks Chuck. I used the GoPro HD. I also used the GoPro as the FPV camera as well.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:46 PM
Joined Dec 2009
5 Posts
Tunderslimer. The camera was fixed. I have the y650 PTZ with 2 servos but had it turned off becouse I was using the GoPro as the actual FPV camera instead of a stand alone and so I needed the gimbal off to keep orientation.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:28 AM
Troy, MI
Joined Jan 2008
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twwd View Post
Here are some photos of the equipment I will be using to build the Y650.
Rob,

Really like the orange. Should make orientation easier. Did you get the props from RCDude? How were they to balance? Got some from HK and had to throw them out. Couldn't get them to balance.

Don't want to hijack this thread by entering all of the information for KK 2 setup.
PM me your Email and I will send over my setup directions.

Chuck
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:54 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Sep 2012
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckAdams View Post
Rob,

Really like the orange. Should make orientation easier. Did you get the props from RCDude? How were they to balance? Got some from HK and had to throw them out. Couldn't get them to balance.

Don't want to hijack this thread by entering all of the information for KK 2 setup.
PM me your Email and I will send over my setup directions.

Chuck
I don't think that would be a hijack... it is a Scorpion thread after all! Since some of us are using the same board it would be interesting to see different settings. I'll post mine once I put it back together!
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:55 PM
Joined Oct 2012
2 Posts
Hello guys. I am new here, and new to multirotors, but I have been flying rc planes and helicopters for 20 years.
I have the Scorpion Y 650, and all the parts for it, but I can't seem to find how to set it up. Which propeller to go where, how to program the "card" that I ordered with it and so on. Can anyone tell me this, or give me a link so I can read it somewhere? I also have a Octokopter XL2 from Mikrokopter.de, it flies well. I did not set it up, so I have not learned anything from it
Thanks in advance for any help.

Best regards
Knut Erik, in Norway
Knut Erik is offline Find More Posts by Knut Erik
Last edited by Knut Erik; Oct 15, 2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:06 PM
Dreamer
Australia, TAS, Memana
Joined Aug 2004
2,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knut Erik View Post
Hello guys. I am new here, and new to multirotors, but I have been flying rc planes and helicopters for 20 years.
I have the Scorpion Y 650, and all the parts for it, but I can't seem to find how to set i up. Which propeller to go where, how to program the "card" that I ordered with it and so on. Can anyone tell me this, or give me a link so I can read it somewhere? I also have a Octokopter XL2 fra Mikrokopter.de, it flies well. I did not set it up, so I have not learned anything from it
Thanks in advance for any help.

Best regards
Knut Erik, in Norway
The setup for the Y6 depends on the flight controller that you plan on using. This determined which motors spin in what direction for the upper and lower motors. Regards the "card" .... are you talking about the the esc program card, or are you talking about the flight controller, and if so .. which controller do you have?
kaz1104 is offline Find More Posts by kaz1104
Old Oct 15, 2012, 05:09 PM
Joined Oct 2012
2 Posts
This is the card I bought

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=21977
Knut Erik is offline Find More Posts by Knut Erik