HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 15, 2012, 09:33 AM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,434 Posts
I flew in sport mode this morning. More agile and I'll keep it there. But I can't wait for the RCTimer ESCs to come in so I can flash them. Just got the shipping confirmation from them. It was about 8mph wind this morning and shot vid of the Quad leaning into the wind while standing still. I have to push forward to keep it there.
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2012, 12:23 PM
TeachSeventh
Houston
Joined Dec 2008
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic View Post
I flew in sport mode this morning. More agile and I'll keep it there. But I can't wait for the RCTimer ESCs to come in so I can flash them. Just got the shipping confirmation from them. It was about 8mph wind this morning and shot vid of the Quad leaning into the wind while standing still. I have to push forward to keep it there.

I just finished my first quad, running 4 DT750 10 x 4.7 props.

It's flyable but it drifts really bad, wants to fly off in any direction on it's own. Hard to hold stable in one spot in a hover. I have tried adjusting the pots and right now they are all set to about 40 percent. The yaw pot is slightly less about 35 percent.

I used the foam mounting tape that came with the N6. Do I possibly need to soften up the mount by adding more layers of tape.
When you speak of flashing ESC, what benefit is that. Is it just to ensure that all the ESC's have the same firmware and settings are is there more to it than that?

That might help me with my JU52 tri motor project. One of my flight problems is that the props and motors don't sync up very well at start up.

Thanks for any ideas you might offer, I hope I didn't make a mistake getting this card and should have just got a KK.

Joe
W5BSA is offline Find More Posts by W5BSA
Old Mar 16, 2012, 02:38 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,434 Posts
I switched to the KK board using 4.7X. I like it MUCH Better. Way more like a helicopter than the Eagle N6. N6 was however easer to set up and flies better for a beginner. More like a coaxial. I used Zeal tape on the N6 which hides vibes. Balance your props and make sure motor shafts are all straight.

Flashing ESC makes it faster to react like a highspee heli tailservo
Old Mar 16, 2012, 03:42 PM
TeachSeventh
Houston
Joined Dec 2008
110 Posts
Quote:
I switched to the KK board using 4.7X. I like it MUCH Better. Way more like a helicopter than the Eagle N6. N6 was however easer to set up and flies better for a beginner. More like a coaxial. I used Zeal tape on the N6 which hides vibes. Balance your props and make sure motor shafts are all straight.

Flashing ESC makes it faster to react like a highspee heli tailservo
Thanks, do you think the difference in flight chacteristics is due to the gyro type difference. That's what attracted me to the N6 thought it would be better. I already fly hell's so needless to say I am disappointed: (
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:53 AM
United States, MI, Traverse City
Joined Jan 2012
1,142 Posts
just got the eagle board today!! let's see what happens!! lol
Donnyv is offline Find More Posts by Donnyv
Last edited by Donnyv; Mar 21, 2012 at 02:31 AM.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 02:19 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,142 Posts
If you follow directions its not that bad!! I got mine to fly!! actually its pretty bad ass!! lol
Old Mar 21, 2012, 06:54 AM
TeachSeventh
Houston
Joined Dec 2008
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnyv View Post
just got the eagle board today!! let's see what happens!! lol
Good deal, that's a neat looking frame, where did you get it?

Joe
Old Mar 21, 2012, 07:23 AM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,434 Posts
I thought the N6 with the Mems sensor would be better but I like the KK instead right now.
N6 is overpriced for what it does. IMO
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:27 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by W5BSA View Post
Good deal, that's a neat looking frame, where did you get it?

Joe
its a Daedalus kindjal style frame made out of g10! super light for sport flying!!
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:29 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,142 Posts
Quote:
I thought the N6 with the Mems sensor would be better but I like the KK instead right now.
N6 is overpriced for what it does. IMO
yeah.. me 2!! but I'm having a hard time finding the driver for my usb tool so I can flash it!!!
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:39 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,142 Posts
ok... my review of this eagle n6!! I'm very confused!! I hooked up everything last night and did all the calibration and ect!! worked fine and I had a nice little hover!! now this morning the m1 motor doesn't want to spin!! hmmm.. finally I got it to spin but it has me nervous!! then m3 stopped working!! is this junk??
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:55 PM
Ottawa, ON
Joined Oct 2010
104 Posts
I've crashed mine many times and its still fine, maybe check your connections.
I plan on putting my second N6 on the new micro frame from HK. should be lots of fun outside in sport mode. can't wait to see what the roll rate is going to be.
awdiver is offline Find More Posts by awdiver
Old Mar 21, 2012, 01:31 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,434 Posts
Quote:
ok... my review of this eagle n6!! I'm very confused!! I hooked up everything last night and did all the calibration and ect!! worked fine and I had a nice little hover!! now this morning the m1 motor doesn't want to spin!! hmmm.. finally I got it to spin but it has me nervous!! then m3 stopped working!! is this junk??
Turn your throttle trim down, it may not see a low enough throttle.
If you did not already, try hooking each ESC up directly to throttle channel on TX and do a throttle calibration w/ the throttle trims at zero.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 01:37 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,434 Posts
Quote:
yeah.. me 2!! but I'm having a hard time finding the driver for my usb tool so I can flash it!!!
Try this.
It's the driver I used on my XP machine
http://www.mycoolheli.com/ESC/usbasp.zip

(note, this link may not be up for long)
Old Mar 22, 2012, 01:30 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,142 Posts
Quote:
Try this.
It's the driver I used on my XP machine
http://www.mycoolheli.com/ESC/usbasp.zip

(note, this link may not be up for long)
Thanks.. its up and running!! now its time to install it and see!!