SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 04, 2011, 12:06 PM
Ottawa, ON
Joined Oct 2010
105 Posts
I mentioned in the spider quad thread that I was flying it around last night at our monthly indoor event. it never dawned on me to get video, even though everyone has an Iphone! Everyone could not get over how stable and smooth it was, nose in hovering hands off for what seemed like minutes. I was explaining how I have it pretty toned down, but you can flip it to sport mode and turn down the gyros for some fun!
People seemed quite interested in this board. one of the other guys flys the hobbyking KK board and even he was happy with this one.
awdiver is offline Find More Posts by awdiver
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2011, 02:24 AM
Australia, NSW, Glen Innes
Joined Sep 2011
112 Posts
Ok this thread is a bit old, but now that the dust has settled what are people's opinions of the Eagle N6 board? Is it truely "plug and play"
AusTelemetry is offline Find More Posts by AusTelemetry
Old Dec 15, 2011, 04:00 PM
Ottawa, ON
Joined Oct 2010
105 Posts
I am the only one participating in this thread I guess. Yes it is plug and play.
No programming required.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 05:23 PM
Honey,just one more thing
Rensselaer,IN
Joined Jan 2003
3,098 Posts
I'm here too. Bought one to try it out. Built a tri for this board. Flew it once outside at night, kind of dark. I need to adjust the gyro's a little and add some expo to the system. Only had a few minutes of flight because it was hard to see. Didn't fly bad, just needs a little tweaking of the system. Next day it rained all day and today winds to high, very high. Bud
spudandretti is offline Find More Posts by spudandretti
Old Dec 15, 2011, 05:59 PM
Australia, NSW, Glen Innes
Joined Sep 2011
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by awdiver View Post
I am the only one participating in this thread I guess. Yes it is plug and play.
No programming required.
Thanks for that, I am looking at Boards at the moment and the N6 was recommended. I'm keen to hear other people's experiences with it before I purchase one.
AusTelemetry is offline Find More Posts by AusTelemetry
Old Dec 15, 2011, 08:27 PM
Ottawa, ON
Joined Oct 2010
105 Posts
I turned down the gyros a bit so it is a little more responsive. I keep promising video maybe this weekend. Yaw is still slow but not bad.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 08:44 AM
Ottawa, ON
Joined Oct 2010
105 Posts
Finally got some video :

Spider Quad with Eagle N6 Controller (0 min 46 sec)
Old Dec 22, 2011, 04:03 PM
Joined Oct 2004
7 Posts
Help guys, i tried this one with no solution. All seems be right but. To get board activated i need to trim ele to lowest postion ,then blue light come on. But when i push throttle nothing happends until it is in a middle position then motors start acting weird and when i push throttle again to the bottom position the board goes again in lock mode? I have fly sky radio and gaui speed controllers witch works fine with gaui brain. In radio i have reverse on throttle. Help .
jamppa991 is offline Find More Posts by jamppa991
Old Dec 22, 2011, 04:09 PM
Flying Like Evil
France, Languedoc-Roussillon, Garons
Joined Oct 2010
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamppa991 View Post
Help guys, i tried this one with no solution. All seems be right but. To get board activated i need to trim ele to lowest postion ,then blue light come on. But when i push throttle nothing happends until it is in a middle position then motors start acting weird and when i push throttle again to the bottom position the board goes again in lock mode? I have fly sky radio and gaui speed controllers witch works fine with gaui brain. In radio i have reverse on throttle. Help .
Hi
Have you try to change throttle to NORMAL.......... I had the same trouble.......
C team MOD is offline Find More Posts by C team MOD
Old Dec 23, 2011, 12:00 AM
Joined Oct 2004
7 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Have you try to change throttle to NORMAL.......... I had the same trouble.......
Yep. And no result.!actually one thing changed, when i open the throttlelock looks like my esc is going into programming mode, which means that trottle is in maximum position. BTW. How about esc signal cables? In gaui you need to cut esc power and ground wire from three of esc and leave for only one. That the brain gets power only through one esc. How about in these one? Does it matter?
Old Dec 23, 2011, 02:48 AM
Flying Like Evil
Joined Oct 2010
150 Posts
Quote:
Yep. And no result.!actually one thing changed, when i open the throttlelock looks like my esc is going into programming mode, which means that trottle is in maximum position. BTW. How about esc signal cables? In gaui you need to cut esc power and ground wire from three of esc and leave for only one. That the brain gets power only through one esc. How about in these one? Does it matter?
It seems that Throttle range is not setup... You should try to adjust your E.POINT . Boards are different,
Old Dec 23, 2011, 05:23 AM
Joined Oct 2004
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C team MOD View Post
It seems that Throttle range is not setup... You should try to adjust your E.POINT . Boards are different,
I tried lke you said before, End.point to 90( both direction min and max), And tried 105. No help but i try test later some more and inform here.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 07:21 AM
Joined Oct 2004
7 Posts
Hi! I did today more tests. And here what i got.
-I got throttle programmed and sucsefully activaited a board, but first motors didnt response and after couple seconds they start to rotate at middle speed. No reaction on throttle stick and quad movement. just turning at the same speed. Very weird.

So i share how i connected my setup:

- Reciever channels 1-4 is connected direct to board input channels.
- All four ESC is connected to board channels M1-M4
- All Esc power input is linked together and connected to battery.

Is all right?
When i am calibrating throttle range i start by putting stick in top position and then i connect power to escīs, after that it star soon beeping like: pip pip... pipipipipip, and repeating that.
Then i put throttle stick to the bottom and i can hear that Esc are activaiting like in normal mode. then i take battery power off and get trim centered.
After that i cant activaited the board but after five minutes trying it gets activaited and then blue light stay on, nothing seems to happen and after couple seconds motors start to rotate at the same middle speed. ??
What did i miss? I just dont understand? Should i first put power to the board with differend esc? Or what?
Old Dec 24, 2011, 07:29 AM
Honey,just one more thing
Rensselaer,IN
Joined Jan 2003
3,098 Posts
Quote:
-I got throttle programmed and sucsefully activaited a board, but first motors didnt response and after couple seconds they start to rotate at middle speed. No reaction on throttle stick and quad movement. just turning at the same speed. Very weird.

Is all right?
When i am calibrating throttle range i start by putting stick in top position and then i connect power to escīs, after that it star soon beeping like: pip pip... pipipipipip, and repeating that.
Then i put throttle stick to the bottom and i can hear that Esc are activaiting like in normal mode. then i take battery power off and get trim centered.
After that i cant activaited the board but after five minutes trying it gets activaited and then blue light stay on, nothing seems to happen and after couple seconds motors start to rotate at the same middle speed. ??
What did i miss? I just dont understand? Should i first put power to the board with differend esc? Or what?
I like to setup(program) my escapes (throttle range , brake off ect.) separately using the transmitter first without using the board, then I will use the board to set up the throttle range per instructions for the board, leave throttle trim in center position, for all programming, should not need to mess with throttle trim at all. If your bringing down the throttle trim to adjust the range then bringing it back up to center you are sending a throttle signal to the escapes.
spudandretti is offline Find More Posts by spudandretti
Last edited by spudandretti; Dec 24, 2011 at 07:34 AM.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 07:29 AM
Flying Like Evil
Joined Oct 2010
150 Posts
Quote:

Is all right?
Hi
I usually calibrate ESC directly to the RX.... Meaning each ESC must be calibrate on throttle channel. one by one.....
OUPPSSS like spudandretti is saying....