SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 09, 2013, 05:00 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,646 Posts
My angle would not be to use it on a V911, but on a 270 which is fully stock. The 270, even with the lower mounted flybar, rarely has a strike, so I'm not worried about that.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:21 AM
Canada, BC, Nanaimo
Joined Jul 2002
336 Posts
Question for why my 270a has no main or tail motors. Got my 270a quite a while ago but arrived with a broken tail rotor. Test flew it with a v911 rotor and it had tail wag. Figured it might be because of the different rotor. Finally got the right part in and installed it and test flew it again. Still had bad tail wag. Attempted to adjust the gyro on the tx. I had the heli on the ground and it was spinning intermittently as it scooted around slowly, and it slid into a cardboard box. Now it has no main or tail motors. Sometimes it might try and spin the main just barely for a split second. Tried a different tx and still the same issue. I'm planning on doing the v911 rx swap anyways, but was planning on re-using the old rx for something else. Any ideas?
Blazin_Jason is offline Find More Posts by Blazin_Jason
Old Jan 10, 2013, 02:58 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,646 Posts
Try unplugging the main motor and see if the tail runs as you add throttle. Then re-connect the main and unplug the tail. My estimate is that the crash damaged one of the motors and it's causing a short now.

As for the tail wag, isn't the V911 tail longer than the 270 tail? In that case it would react too strong the the gyro's corrections.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:10 AM
Canada, BC, Nanaimo
Joined Jul 2002
336 Posts
The heli is all stock, it was only the tail rotor blade I had on the first time. I tried unplugging the motors and neither respond. At one point the main spun up for a second. When I throttle up the led will blink for a second then go solid. During the time the led blinks the servos won't respond. Once the led goes solid the servos work fine. Is there anyway to reset the rx at all?
Old Jan 11, 2013, 03:55 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,646 Posts
The led blinking indicates board initialization, so it's normal the servos don't respond during that phase.

Are you sure the batteries are ok and also the wire between battery and receiver? It could be the voltage crashes as the motors are trying to spin up.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 06:58 PM
Canada, BC, Nanaimo
Joined Jul 2002
336 Posts
Well I took a look at the board to see if I could see anything obvious. Sure enough to my surprise the tail motor plug on the board was bridged. I snipped off the solder and scraped it out between the pins. That might explain why the tail wag issue went from not too bad, to out of control.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:31 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,684 Posts
This looks like a 270 clone.

anybody know any more about it?

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Hj...051690201202T8
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 20, 2013, 04:46 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,646 Posts
Haven't seen it before, but it does share some similarities with the 270, both in the heli and in the transmitter.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 05:05 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,684 Posts
I didn't realize the TX was similar.

I remember the early gripes about the SP270 was the fragile flybar. If this clone one holds up better, then perhaps this head design may become popular like the v911 did. Even better if it's a drop in replacement for the 270 flybar.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 20, 2013, 05:57 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,646 Posts
The display uses a close copy of the layout on the J4Pro including the 2 oval shapes to indicate low or high rate. The TX is not identical, but at first glance you recognize some things.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:38 AM
Joined Nov 2012
1 Posts
Hey guys!

New to this forum and have just gotten my first heli, a SP270A.
I'm looking at increasing the forward speed and getting a 260 rx board seems like a nice idea.

Is it possible to bind the 260 board to the J4 tx from the 270? Or do I need to get a 260 tx as well?

Thanks
brnflrk is offline Find More Posts by brnflrk
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:51 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brnflrk View Post
Hey guys!

New to this forum and have just gotten my first heli, a SP270A.
I'm looking at increasing the forward speed and getting a 260 rx board seems like a nice idea.

Is it possible to bind the 260 board to the J4 tx from the 270? Or do I need to get a 260 tx as well?

Thanks
260 and 270 do NOT use the same protocol
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:53 PM
Joined Dec 2012
188 Posts
this the same size main motor as the v911?
R.sok is offline Find More Posts by R.sok
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:56 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,576 Posts
I ordered a set of Extreme land gear for my 270A. Every time I fixed old gear it would break in another place. Had exact issue with 260A but bought Extreme gear for it. End of problem. New gear fit perfectly. Now just need a small nose weight as using nano-tech 160ma and they are longer and little more weight. Tail heavy now but flys fine. I just started with c/p helis but they are for out doors. I'll keep and maintain my mico 100 sizes F/P for indoors and fun. Aside from some reasonable minor parts and some batteries things have gone not to bad at all.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:17 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,576 Posts
Both my 260a/270a have extreme langing gear and flying well. Each have couple good batteries and fly till those batteries give it up. Then semi retire them. Flying quads and just starting with c/p not much time to fly these also. I had 10 battteries charging the other day and good amount of flying. One cell to three cells.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04