HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 23, 2012, 01:32 PM
United States, TN, Crab Orchard
Joined Aug 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
ScrapDaddy,

I received your message on YouTube. Nicely done on the RX swap, and congrats, you now have the best flybarred, micro, fixed pitch heli that can be had.

And welcome to RCG!

Best,
Chris
I would just like to say thank you once again it was through your work that mine was completed. And I do agree with you the preformance of my heli has been increased singificantly.
ScrapDaddy14 is offline Find More Posts by ScrapDaddy14
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2012, 01:56 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,138 Posts
You are quite welcome, Sir. The pleasure was all mine, literally. I enjoy tinkering on many models and sharing on YouTube and RCG.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:46 PM
Spain, CT, Barcelona
Joined Aug 2012
24 Posts
Solo Pro 270. A simple and mild fall and shattered Tail Rotor
2 Tail Rotor ordered, 2 batteries and a canopy for the Solo Pro 270.
Cabin Set (NineEagles-Parts-NE402270002A) = USD $9.90!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been waiting four weeks waiting for the FP100 (V911) from Hobby King. They have forgotten me

Regards
Enric Vision is offline Find More Posts by Enric Vision
Old Sep 28, 2012, 07:47 PM
Spain, CT, Barcelona
Joined Aug 2012
24 Posts
Final failure. When trying to solder a wire on the motherboard, just bring out the soldering iron and smoke. Lights just a little light receptor, but does not work.
I am waiting to receive two rotor propellers, two batteries and a canopy. I gift Solo Pro 270 + that material?. Someone wants?. Only in hand
Thank you very much for everything

Regards

P.D. The most delicate and fuc... puñetero Heli I've had
----------------------------
Avería definitiva. Al intentar soldar un cable en la placa base, nada más acercar el soldador ya salía humo. Se enciende solo un poco la luz del receptor, pero no funciona.
Estoy a la espera de recibir 2 helices rotor, 2 baterías y un canopy. Yo regalo Solo Pro 270 + ese material?. Alguien lo quiere?. Solo en mano.
Muchas gracias por todo

Saludos

P.D. El Heli más delicado y puñetero que he tenido
Enric Vision is offline Find More Posts by Enric Vision
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:03 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Welcome Scrapdaddy14! you'll find everyone here to be very helpful & a bunch of truly great people nice rx mod by the way. I have another extra v911 rx that I might put in my 270a, I just put one in another heli yesterday and it was tremendous success and I was very happy with the results by the way, Bobepine, SoloProFan, & Daryoon are geniuses besides being great guys!
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:04 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
any1 with an extra 270 Tx that would like to sell???
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Sep 30, 2012, 09:17 AM
Joined Jun 2012
3 Posts
I bought a 270 yesterday, and I noticed that the tail motor is bad. It has a small play along the axle which makes the rotor go on and off balance all the time. This is making the tail go left and right and it won't stay still.
Is this play normal?
My 328 has got some play, but not so much, and it works fine.
twarg is offline Find More Posts by twarg
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:22 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
are you sayign that the shaft of the motor is actually wiggling?
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:32 AM
Joined Jun 2012
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
are you sayign that the shaft of the motor is actually wiggling?
Exactly. It is almost like the rotor isn't balanced and this makes the whole tail vibrate over a certain rpm, which happens to be around the rpm needed for the tail to stay still.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 05:36 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,636 Posts
Not often heard about that. Usually the tail rotors and motors are good quality. You could try a different tail rotor, doesn't have to be NE type, the mSR tail rotor will fit as well, so just use whatever you can get your hands on. If a different tail rotor won't help, it might be your tail motor having a bent shaft. Also check if the tail rotor isn't pushed too far on the axle, and touches the bearing when fully pushed in.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Sep 30, 2012, 06:27 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Unusual. You will most orobably need a new motor or the whole tqil assembly which ibcludes it
Old Oct 01, 2012, 01:38 PM
Joined Jun 2012
3 Posts
I went back to the store today, but all they said was that it was ok and basically they didn't want to listen to me. Ain't going back there again.
I'll order a new tail and try that.

Also, when I got back to work, I tried the heli for a bit and it kept dying on me, mid air. When I opened it up, i noticed that one of the cables from the battery/landing gear was loose. Works again after some soldering.

These two problems makes me wonder if Nine Eagles has got quality problems. I like my 328 and I'm looking at the 228 and the 287, but I want top quality. Which brand is the highest quality today?
Old Oct 01, 2012, 03:42 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,636 Posts
It seems like even the top brands are having quality problems these days. Some new Nano CPx helis have tail wag straight from the box, servo problems on newly released UM planes, Walkera starting to develop issues with MiniCP receivers, and the list is far from complete. If you are close to a hobby shop that will replace items under warrantly, instead of having to send in your heli each time you have a problem, you could go with a more expensive brand, like Blade. Or just get a couple of a cheaper heli, and use the extra helis for spare parts and "insurance" against getting grounded.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 10:18 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,559 Posts
Feel guilty as flying my Walkrea quads more and more and Y-6. Need to either change blades or use longer screw for bracket. My poor foward flight might be c/g issue as using Turnigy 180ma battery. Its longer and sure weighs more. I am not impressed with some of Solo-pros quality in plastics. My 260A L/G was very briitle and snapped two sets within three flights. Flown my other helis hunderds of times and have not broken l/g. I replaced flybar on 270A and when I removed top bracket carefully hole was stripped. Screw barely goes into the blade. Very low quality plastic. This is not a $20.00 bird either.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:55 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,636 Posts
I agree lately it's even more hit and miss with quality, also with more expensive brands. Fact stays, if you get a good one, the 270 is a great heli. Stock it's perhaps the best indoor 45 degree flybar micro, with it's smooth flight with very little noticable side effects of the 45 degree stabilisation, but you may need to replace the receiver to a V911 or 260 one, to get better throw, if you happen to get a 270 with poorly programmed endpoints.

If we could just find out how to set these on the 270...