HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 15, 2012, 02:55 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enric Vision View Post
Thanks, but those are the original carrying the heli Solo Pro 270 and I lasted two days. 2 bateries to the trash
Wait a few days, and if you say anything against me decide for these:
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=8947

Regards,
Enric
How long do you fly on a battery? When do you decide it's time to stop flying? When the heli can't keep altitude? I think you drain the batteries too far, and in that case not a single battery will last more than 2 days. I suggest you use a stopwatch to time the flights, and limit these to 5 minutes. Or check the throttle percentage indicator on the display when the heli is in a stable hover. When this percentage has increased by about 10% it's time to think about landing. So say, with a fresh battery you need 45% throttle to maintain altitude, then it's time to stop when you need 55% to maintain the same altitude. The voltage directly after the flight should be around 3.70 volt, or higher.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2012, 09:24 AM
Spain, CT, Barcelona
Joined Aug 2012
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
How long do you fly on a battery? When do you decide it's time to stop flying? When the heli can't keep altitude? I think you drain the batteries too far, and in that case not a single battery will last more than 2 days. I suggest you use a stopwatch to time the flights, and limit these to 5 minutes. Or check the throttle percentage indicator on the display when the heli is in a stable hover. When this percentage has increased by about 10% it's time to think about landing. So say, with a fresh battery you need 45% throttle to maintain altitude, then it's time to stop when you need 55% to maintain the same altitude. The voltage directly after the flight should be around 3.70 volt, or higher.
Thank you very much, I take note of his instructions. I add them to the article about LiPo's http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/rc-lipo-batteries.html of Masen72

2 days of use and improper storage 15 days without use

No use timer to control the duration of flight. When it costs to fly, stop and do not charge batteries

With every Lipo what I used (3) in different helis (4) I have never been careful preservation and not problems. I see you're more modern if required.

Regards, Enric
Enric Vision is offline Find More Posts by Enric Vision
Old Sep 15, 2012, 10:45 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,187 Posts
My parts from Hobbyking arrieved yesterday. now I can get one of my favorite birds flying again. Wish me luck as parts sure are small and have big hands.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Last edited by dankar04; Sep 15, 2012 at 10:44 PM.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 01:49 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,187 Posts
I installed flybar and put my baby back together and just ran it up. everything seems smooth as ever. I will most likely fly it later , gotta take care of business right now. Just sold several vintage engines !! More $$ for the cause, and half into bank. Got some 160ma Turnigy batteries and try them.
Last edited by dankar04; Sep 15, 2012 at 10:45 PM.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 02:03 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enric Vision View Post
Thank you very much, I take note of his instructions. I add them to the article about LiPo's http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/rc-lipo-batteries.html of Masen72

2 days of use and improper storage 15 days without use

No use timer to control the duration of flight. When it costs to fly, stop and do not charge batteries

With every Lipo what I used (3) in different helis (4) I have never been careful preservation and not problems. I see you're more modern if required.

Regards, Enric

You may have been lucky so far. One single time of too deep discharge can damage any lipo, whether used in heli, boat or car. Some helis have protection against too deep discharge. For instance the Walkera Mini CP will force the heli to make a smooth landing, and voltage after landing is still above 3.7 volts with no motors running. That's staying on the safe side. If you go lower in voltage, the voltage under load could drop under 3 volts, and then you get into "you really risk to kill your lipo" territory.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 05:49 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
guys.. my heli is back in the air.. but one of the two has a problem with the radio. it won' tget any throttle input.. . it has to be the radio because when I try it with the other one it works just fine. i opened the radio but there is not much I can do about it.. any thoughts???
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:22 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,187 Posts
I broke flybar and replaced it. Everything works fine except hardly any foward speed. I have not adjusted any arms on my helis but sure this will need to be done. Looks like both servo arms will need to be adjusted. Any input as which way to adjust arms Screw them down I guess? Never had need to do this. When I attahed bracket to blades one screw striped out. Put a drop of ca. glue in hole and put locktite on screw. It did not hold. Screw is way to short and there is a bushing. Plastic for blades is real garbage and was very gentile with this. I ordered a screw set and new blades but aside from a bad striped hole blades are in great shape. Local Hobby shop is a joke and only place to get these tiny screws are online. I wonder if they sell maintenence kits with asortment of small screws anyware ?? I don't have any birds to canibalize. Quads sure sound better and better as no linkage mess to deal with.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 01:22 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
guys.. my heli is back in the air.. but one of the two has a problem with the radio. it won' tget any throttle input.. . it has to be the radio because when I try it with the other one it works just fine. i opened the radio but there is not much I can do about it.. any thoughts???
Perhaps someone who installed another board, 260 one, or V911 for instance, still has a unused transmitter lying around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
I broke flybar and replaced it. Everything works fine except hardly any foward speed. I have not adjusted any arms on my helis but sure this will need to be done. Looks like both servo arms will need to be adjusted. Any input as which way to adjust arms Screw them down I guess? Never had need to do this. When I attahed bracket to blades one screw striped out. Put a drop of ca. glue in hole and put locktite on screw. It did not hold. Screw is way to short and there is a bushing. Plastic for blades is real garbage and was very gentile with this. I ordered a screw set and new blades but aside from a bad striped hole blades are in great shape. Local Hobby shop is a joke and only place to get these tiny screws are online. I wonder if they sell maintenence kits with asortment of small screws anyware ?? I don't have any birds to canibalize. Quads sure sound better and better as no linkage mess to deal with.
Maintenance kits for these relatively cheap helis are not common. Often the strategy is to get 2 helis, and use the second one for parts, tends to be cheaper than stocking spares.

As for the stripped screw holes, you are talking about the mixer arms, right? Did you unsnap the links on those as well? I use the method of only loosening as less as possible. In case of a flybar replacement that would mean only unsnapping the linkages on the flybar, and remove it. Although material quality can vary, we're still talking about tiny plastic parts, that can only take so much.

You could try getting a screw set for the Losi Micro T buggy though, it's very small 1/36 scale, and uses tiny screws of various lengths. Or get a new 270, sell the TX to pavcon, and keep the heli.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:34 AM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloprofan View Post
perhaps someone who installed another board, 260 one, or v911 for instance, still has a unused transmitter lying around?

maintenance kits for these relatively cheap helis are not common. Often the strategy is to get 2 helis, and use the second one for parts, tends to be cheaper than stocking spares.

As for the stripped screw holes, you are talking about the mixer arms, right? Did you unsnap the links on those as well? I use the method of only loosening as less as possible. In case of a flybar replacement that would mean only unsnapping the linkages on the flybar, and remove it. Although material quality can vary, we're still talking about tiny plastic parts, that can only take so much.

you could try getting a screw set for the losi micro t buggy though, it's very small 1/36 scale, and uses tiny screws of various lengths. Or get a new 270, sell the tx to pavcon, and keep the heli.

pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:16 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,187 Posts
I had a old DOA co-ax from hobbyking and took a couple screws out of . Screws are longer and same diameter. Just need to taper front of screw. mess with it later. Anyway anybody have idea of adjusting arms from servos to increase foward speed? Are they mixed as to adjust both, like I said never did this ?
Thanks ,Dan

As much as I like this 270A I don't want another one.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 05:52 PM
United States, TN, Crab Orchard
Joined Aug 2012
7 Posts
I'm new to rcgroups so I would like to say hi. The Solo Pro 270 is my first heli and I have just started reading the begining of this thread but I just couldn't resist posting a few pics of my 270. By no means is it stock I have made a few upgrades and mods to it. Name: 2012-09-19_19-39-12_874.jpg
Views: 49
Size: 155.8 KB
Description: Solo pro 270

Name: 2012-09-19_19-23-48_962.jpg
Views: 59
Size: 151.9 KB
Description: Solo Pro 270 with V911 receiver, extreme metal swash and mixing arms.

Name: 2012-09-19_17-28-07_922.jpg
Views: 56
Size: 103.0 KB
Description: v911 reciever with connectors soldered on for solo pro 270. I came across this rx swap by way of Armattan on youtube. I apologize if this isn't the proper thread for this but like I said I'm new.
ScrapDaddy14 is offline Find More Posts by ScrapDaddy14
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:13 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,573 Posts
Welcome ScrapDaddy14. Armattan goes by the username of Bobepine on here.

Nice job. I assume the v911 RX makes the 270 fly better? What's your impression?
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:42 PM
United States, TN, Crab Orchard
Joined Aug 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Welcome ScrapDaddy14. Armattan goes by the username of Bobepine on here.

Nice job. I assume the v911 RX makes the 270 fly better? What's your impression?
Thank you for letting me know that. After reading thru a few pages I realized that Lol. Well like most people have said the servo throw is quite limited with the 270 rx which for a beginner like myself wasn't really an issue it's stable and a good learner. My aileron servo was actually binding so I said what the heck let's play around a bit that's when I found Bobepine's vid on YouTube. I just had to try it.
ScrapDaddy14 is offline Find More Posts by ScrapDaddy14
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:43 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,888 Posts
ScrapDaddy,

I received your message on YouTube. Nicely done on the RX swap, and congrats, you now have the best flybarred, micro, fixed pitch heli that can be had.

And welcome to RCG!

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 22, 2012, 02:42 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
I had a old DOA co-ax from hobbyking and took a couple screws out of . Screws are longer and same diameter. Just need to taper front of screw. mess with it later. Anyway anybody have idea of adjusting arms from servos to increase foward speed? Are they mixed as to adjust both, like I said never did this ?
Thanks ,Dan

As much as I like this 270A I don't want another one.
The key to more forward speed is using a good battery for good motor rpm (which is good when using the stock 150 mAh battery) and getting more throw on the forward elevator. I used a spare 260 receiver to achieve this, but there are other ways. You could shorten the elevator arm on the swash, there are a few guides on youtube on how to do this, mostly about the mSR, but the procedure is identical.