HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2012, 06:00 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,584 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smail853 View Post
Sorry, I'm new, but are there going to be any major flight characteristic differences between the Solo Pro and the Solo Pro 270?
I'm just as anxious to know as you are.

The 911 has some things going for it, although being 9X compatible gives you a some extra options, the stock NE TX that comes with the Solo Pro also gives a lot of options not apparent at first sight. Dual rates, throttle indicator, subtrims, gyro adjust, and servo travel adjust. Plus it can be used to charge a flight battery while on the field.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2012, 09:06 PM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Extra features are next to useless if they are difficult to find or the radio interface is not intuitive. I have the stock NE tx and there is absolutely no indication on the radio that it has these features. I suppose I could spend time reading a FAQ on how to press some buttons in combination to get access to hidden menu functions, but I would forget that I set these and how to access them again a few flights later.

In my opinion it's better to spend a little more and get a radio that is designed to be used as a programmable transmitter. I really like my solo pros, but the fact that I can't bind them to a real transmitter is a bummer.
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Old Jan 06, 2012, 07:36 AM
Joined Jan 2011
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytemuncher View Post
Extra features are next to useless if they are difficult to find or the radio interface is not intuitive. I have the stock NE tx and there is absolutely no indication on the radio that it has these features. I suppose I could spend time reading a FAQ on how to press some buttons in combination to get access to hidden menu functions, but I would forget that I set these and how to access them again a few flights later.

In my opinion it's better to spend a little more and get a radio that is designed to be used as a programmable transmitter. I really like my solo pros, but the fact that I can't bind them to a real transmitter is a bummer.
These extra features are very useful if you need to setup the Solo Pro properly. You don't have to recall them often, but I thank Nine Eagles to put them in the TX as a bonus without spend more money. Compare Nine Eagles TX with that one of Blade RTF kits, for example....
helicopcat is offline Find More Posts by helicopcat
Old Jan 06, 2012, 07:40 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopcat View Post
Compare Nine Eagles TX with that one of Blade RTF kits, for example....
Or compare it with a Turnigy 9x and a v911. Then it's not so attractive. I'm just saying it is better to spend a little more money and get a proper programmable tx. I own two nine eagle's solo pros and like them, but wish I could bind with a real tx.
Old Jan 06, 2012, 07:59 AM
Joined Jan 2011
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytemuncher View Post
Or compare it with a Turnigy 9x and a v911. Then it's not so attractive. I'm just saying it is better to spend a little more money and get a proper programmable tx. I own two nine eagle's solo pros and like them, but wish I could bind with a real tx.
imho, we have to compare RTF kit with RTF kit..... If you consider other parameters (compatibility, expandibility...), this is a different matter.

The only big mistake they have done at Nine Eagles is to produce a new transmitter (J6Pro) that's useless with their previous models.
helicopcat is offline Find More Posts by helicopcat
Old Jan 07, 2012, 10:10 PM
Joined Jan 2012
9 Posts
Is the v911 more stable than the Solo Pro?
smail853 is offline Find More Posts by smail853
Old Jan 07, 2012, 10:15 PM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
I recommend reading through the v911 thread here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1548027. Yes, it's stable as it's a 45 degree flybar model.

I would also buy a solo pro rotor head and swash plate (both cheap) as they seem to be better quality than the parts on the v911.

If you don't want to muck around with changing parts (better get comfortable with it as you'll have to do it at some point anyway) then as far as an rtf kit goes I agree with helicopcat, the solo pro 260a is the best rtf package.
Old Jan 07, 2012, 10:29 PM
Joined Jan 2012
9 Posts
Thanks,
The Solo Pro seems like the best one for me at the moment.
Old Jan 08, 2012, 11:10 AM
Joined Jan 2012
9 Posts
Is the Solo Pro completely stable? I will be flying this primarily indoors, and don't want something that will drift/ sway when I don't want it to. I saw a few videos where the Solo Pro seemed to drift, but that may have just been the pilot.
Old Jan 08, 2012, 11:46 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,617 Posts
It can be stable. Depends on how well tuned you get the Solo Pro. These micro heli are so light, anything can change the apparent "stability" of the heli.

But a good pilot can fly through any of that. Even the more severe problem.

The Solo Pro is a good indoor fixed pitch heli.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 10, 2012, 08:38 PM
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
Hey guys,
Does anyone know when this will be released, and how much it will cost?
Thanks!
1682ec is offline Find More Posts by 1682ec
Old Jan 10, 2012, 09:26 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
1,692 Posts
I think the standard Solo Pro is an excellent helicopter, and the Tx is pretty good, plus the price of the heli and spares is reasonable. It is very crash resistant. You need to tweak it to fly indoors or out. Indoors (which I do quite rarely these days) it flies better with a bit of solder wire wrapped around the rear of the tail boom. Outdoors it flies much better with the 150 mAh battery and the elevator trim moved forward, and is very fast and nimble. As for the flybar strikes, you can largely avoid these by learning to move the sticks gently enough.
richard9999 is offline Find More Posts by richard9999
Old Jan 10, 2012, 10:41 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
I'm waiting for the SP 270 parts such as the swash to become available for frankencopter projects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=0foaq96w24E
Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol
Last edited by Brosol; Jan 10, 2012 at 11:00 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:15 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
I really like my solo pro 260a's, but I cannot understand why NE has not released a flybarless version of this heli??? The flybar is what breaks or bends the most on mine.

I guess the 270 will still be the best sub $50 rtf package, but I doubt for very long.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:30 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,617 Posts
So, who's going to be the first to own one of these?
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon