HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 28, 2012, 07:15 AM
Joined Feb 2012
5 Posts
http://www.elefun.net/p/prod.aspx?v=20582

Flybars in stock, although the site uses Google for translation so can be a little ehard to follow. I ordered late on Friday and received an email saying the parcel had been sent before 0900 on Saturday - should be here today or tomorrow.
aghmeld is offline Find More Posts by aghmeld
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2012, 07:15 AM
Joined Feb 2012
5 Posts

Flybars in stock, although the site uses Google for translation so can be a little hard to follow. I ordered late on Friday and received an email saying the parcel had been sent before 0900 on Saturday - should be here today or tomorrow.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 08:14 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aghmeld View Post

Flybars in stock, although the site uses Google for translation so can be a little hard to follow. I ordered late on Friday and received an email saying the parcel had been sent before 0900 on Saturday - should be here today or tomorrow.
Where are you located? Doesn't appear to give me the option to have something shipped to Taiwan. They only ship to European countries!

Oh.. and they don't accept paypal anyways, I don't think... There I was all excited... Aargh!!!

OH and... 9.35US$ for a flybar??????? These people fell off a tree or what??? Good lord gracious... Do they come over to my place to install the flybar for me at that price? Then they clean the car and vacuum the house before they leave, too, right? That's ridiculous...

Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Last edited by bobepine; Feb 28, 2012 at 08:23 AM.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:18 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,089 Posts
In Europe prices are high. The 260 RTF is still over 100 dollar here, 89 euros is the common price. And that is not the deluxe version...
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 28, 2012, 09:35 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
In Europe prices are high. The 260 RTF is still over 100 dollar here, 89 euros is the common price. And that is not the deluxe version...
Ouch! I thought you were in the US, SP. You are in Europe?

You know, I was thinking it's strange that you and I are the only ones with this heli, yet. I know it's a new model, but still... I guess the V911 is really giving NE a run for their money. I was looking at videos of the V911 and it seems to perform very well for 35$ RTF.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:17 AM
Airplane and Heli Flyer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2009
1,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
You know, I was thinking it's strange that you and I are the only ones with this heli, yet. I know it's a new model, but still...
I really like the head design and the straight blades, and it looks like the SP270 flies very well, but I haven't bought it. It's a multi-pronged issue:

1) It would have to be significantly different from my current line-up (9958, SP260, Bravo SX). "It flies better" is nice but not "drop some money" nice.

(As a comparison, the SP125, or another Bravo-like scale body heli, would be "significantly different" enough for me, but YMMV. )

2) It's a new design, still working out the bugs (EPA, for example). Most people will wait for the second or third batch.

3) It's a new design, and most parts seem to be going to the manufacture of new helis, not the spare bins. People don't want to fly something that cannot be easily repaired (a problem that you are intimately familiar with, I believe ).

4) I really don't need yet another single-use NE transmitter. A BNF version of the heli would be nice, if it could be used with existing Tx. NE really needs to focus and make their entire line cross-compatible (the new FTR stuff might be a step in that direction).

Quote:
I guess the V911 is really giving NE a run for their money. I was looking at videos of the V911 and it seems to perform very well for 35$ RTF.
Let's enjoy it while we can. The salaries are rising in China, and they won't be able to sell us toys at those prices forever.
V-Man is online now Find More Posts by V-Man
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: YouTube Channel - CallSignVMan
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:51 AM
Joined Feb 2012
5 Posts
I'm in the UK so the prices aren't that bad for us - we're used to them. I am paying more for the spares I ordered than I did for the actual heli!
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:53 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,089 Posts
Quote:
Ouch! I thought you were in the US, SP. You are in Europe?

You know, I was thinking it's strange that you and I are the only ones with this heli, yet. I know it's a new model, but still... I guess the V911 is really giving NE a run for their money. I was looking at videos of the V911 and it seems to perform very well for 35$ RTF.

Best,
Chris
Yep, unless the Netherlands is a new state in the USA. Sometimes I think it is, considering how our government tends to be listening quite often to what the Americans want, especially on the military area...

The V911 is a nice heli for it's money, it seems, with the added bonus it can be bound to a Turnigy 9x TX. I think things will change when the first NE helis appear that can bind to Futaba stuff.

@V-man: The 270 is really different. I've never flown a heli that manages to combine such solid hover with smooth control response. Since I have it, I've flown it almost exclusively.

Can't think of many bugs to iron out. Most parts are similar to the 260, the head design is different, but considering Bobepine only managed to break a flybar while sometimes flying into a concrete wall, it seems durability is no issue.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:03 PM
Airplane and Heli Flyer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Dec 2009
1,564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
The V911 is a nice heli for it's money, it seems, with the added bonus it can be bound to a Turnigy 9x TX. I think things will change when the first NE helis appear that can bind to Futaba stuff.
That was my hope, but now I'm not 100% sure. Choosing FHSS instead of the more common FASST was a mistake, I think. Not enough Tx using it (both of mine are FASST).

Quote:
@V-man: The 270 is really different. I've never flown a heli that manages to combine such solid hover with smooth control response. Since I have it, I've flown it almost exclusively.
Might be tempted at some point -- it's only $60+$18 shipping at HK, after all. But only if I need to replace one of my current helis.

Quote:
Can't think of many bugs to iron out. Most parts are similar to the 260, the head design is different, but considering Bobepine only managed to break a flybar while sometimes flying into a concrete wall, it seems durability is no issue.
The limited servo travel on the receiver is a major one, I think, given that a full-travel replacement SP260 receiver is $23, and you then end up with a useless Tx/Rx pair (well, I guess I could throw them into a tiny parkflyer plane or something...).
V-Man is online now Find More Posts by V-Man
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: YouTube Channel - CallSignVMan
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:41 PM
9958 gave me the toilet bowl
United States, IL, Rockford
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
I was looking at videos of the V911 and it seems to perform very well for 35$ RTF.
Eh, $45. You gotta use current prices.
Proud Infidel is offline Find More Posts by Proud Infidel
Old Feb 28, 2012, 01:16 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Infidel View Post
Eh, $45. You gotta use current prices.
Actually, it's even cheaper than that. 29.99$ http://www.myrcmart.com/wl-v911-24g-...ow-p-4221.html

Mind you... You're free to buy it for 45$ elsewhere.

Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 28, 2012, 01:22 PM
Joined Jan 2012
38 Posts
Add shipping to that, it's pretty high.
daobn24 is offline Find More Posts by daobn24
Old Feb 28, 2012, 01:38 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Actually, it's even cheaper than that. 29.99$ http://www.myrcmart.com/wl-v911-24g-...ow-p-4221.html

Mind you... You're free to buy it for 45$ elsewhere.
You gotta add shipping. So at myrcmart, the V911 is $53.85
Old Feb 28, 2012, 01:41 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Infidel View Post
You gotta add shipping. So at myrcmart, the V911 is $53.85
Not for me... I'm I'm in Taiwan. At 45$, did you factor in shipping? I don't think so. 45$ is the selling price no shipping included, no?
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 28, 2012, 01:44 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Not for me... I'm I'm in Taiwan. At 45$, did you factor in shipping? I don't think so. 45$ is the selling price no shipping included, no?
I gave you a link. The V911 is $45 with free shipping to US !