HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:12 PM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,035 Posts
Discussion
Build thread of cnc bearing servo tray for your high performance models

I have to build the wing servo w/Smartmodel cnc bearing servo mount . it is a good design that is possible let your wing servo gear and the servo main bearing more durable and let the servo gear less the work load and possible provide your servo more long life and less the play slop .this design are so good for the competition models F3b/F3F/F3j/F5b/Jet tubrine/(especial in flying site and you are in competition .)Some time the bad landing and the aileron and flap in butterfly mode the glass jam the aileron and so easy damage the servo gear and the wooden servo mount . But you need in race the second round so you feel rush to replace a new servo ,take out the old servo and the old epoxy ,glue the servo mount ,waiting the servo mount epoxy curing..... But if you use this servo tray . just use one tools only , 2mm Hex driver take out 6x screw (about 20 seconds) . take out the old servo and replace the new servo (about 1 min ) and than fix again the 6 piece screw (about 30 seconds) . i think possible within 2 min to replace a new servo in flying site .
kin is offline Find More Posts by kin
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by kin; Oct 25, 2011 at 12:53 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:29 PM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,035 Posts
Here the link : http://www.smartmodel.com.hk/product...sub_cat_id=297
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:30 PM
kin
Joined Sep 2007
3,035 Posts
The concept show in the photo .
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 27, 2011, 07:11 AM
Speed Demon
Antioch,CA,USA
Joined Dec 1999
12,278 Posts
How much does the servo tray and all the screws/clamps weigh?
GregG is offline Find More Posts by GregG
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:58 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2011
6 Posts
Are there anyone who wants to buy models-willowf3f. If you do, e-mail me please. We can provide the models with low price and high quality.
chenchang is offline Find More Posts by chenchang
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 29, 2011, 10:33 AM
Mark LSF # 3792
United States, TX, Garland
Joined Nov 2008
428 Posts
I have a pair of these on my 761 flap servos in my Supra Pro. Very high quality and perfect fit to the servo. Should also increase servo life by reducing torque loads on the output shaft. I wouldn't worry about the weight, unless you're trying to build a sub 50 oz. Supra! Kin do you have a version that fits the ATX 809?
Soarmark is offline Find More Posts by Soarmark
Old Oct 29, 2011, 12:20 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
20,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregG View Post
How much does the servo tray and all the screws/clamps weigh?
If I recall correctly, the ones for my MKS servos in my 4m Xplorer weigh 7g each, Greg.
I bought them at retail from SmartModel for the plane, and would do it again, and again.
The quality of the mounts is outstanding, and the accuracy of the machine work is nothing short of AMAZING!
My Xplorer flaps have ZERO slop.

I didn't put the SM frames in the aileron position, there I made my own to fit the smaller servos that I used. My wooden frames weighed in at about 4g each, for comparison.

For the flap servos of a TD plane, these are GREAT, since there is a real likelyhood that you WILL have to take them out at some point.

And, they increase the footprint over just gluing in your servos, so that means less skin flex, too, all other things being equal.

R,
Target
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Old Oct 29, 2011, 01:22 PM
Life-abstract=conformity
S.F. Bay Area
Joined Aug 2002
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soarmark View Post
Should also increase servo life by reducing torque loads on the output shaft.
I'm wondering if 'deflection loads' would be a more appropiate description?
Skies.
Jay.
AirBornOne is offline Find More Posts by AirBornOne
Old Oct 30, 2011, 09:33 AM
Mark LSF # 3792
United States, TX, Garland
Joined Nov 2008
428 Posts
My bad used the wrong terminology, not being an engineer for us uneducated types how about "side loads"? But, you understood my meaning I hope.

+1 from Target these will be going into my next build on the flaps at least for sure.

Mark
Soarmark is offline Find More Posts by Soarmark
Old Oct 30, 2011, 07:05 PM
Life-abstract=conformity
S.F. Bay Area
Joined Aug 2002
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soarmark View Post
My bad used the wrong terminology, not being an engineer for us uneducated types how about "side loads"? But, you understood my meaning I hope.

+1 from Target these will be going into my next build on the flaps at least for sure.

Mark
No biggee Mark,I just wanted to be sure I understood the purpose.
AirBornOne is offline Find More Posts by AirBornOne