HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 25, 2011, 11:53 AM
*It Ain't Lookin Good*
Evansville IN
Joined Aug 2004
1,126 Posts
Discussion
*Sig Rascal 110 Coming In November ???*

I received an email from Andrea Martin who is the Marketing Manager for Sig and she says the Rascal 110 is coming in late November. Can it be true this time??? See the email I received below. I was also told in an earlier email that they were being made by a different manufacture in China and it would have flaps this time. I can't for the life of me figure out why they added flaps. This plane is a floater already. I'm not sure if this is a totally new Rascal 110 or if everything as far as drawing, jigs, etc. were given to the new maker. It will be interesting to say the least. I have a 25% off coupon that I won at one of our events and it expires on the 5th of December so I could be in luck. I'm really not going to hold my breath as we've heard all of this before more than once. I'll believe it when I have one in my hands.

Dear Robert,

Thank you for your email. Please excuse the very delayed reply.

The SIG Rascal 110 ARF will be in stock around end of November. Please check its availability (and price) on our web site which will be updated soon. Thanks.

Best regards,
Andrea Martin
Marketing Manager

SIG Mfg. Co., Inc.
401 South Front St.
PO Box 520
Montezuma, IA 50171-0520
USA
olezippi is online now Find More Posts by olezippi
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:33 PM
HAV
USA, FL, DeLand
Joined Dec 2004
210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olezippi View Post
I received an email from Andrea Martin who is the Marketing Manager for Sig and she says the Rascal 110 is coming in late November. Can it be true this time??? See the email I received below. I was also told in an earlier email that they were being made by a different manufacture in China and it would have flaps this time. I can't for the life of me figure out why they added flaps. This plane is a floater already. I'm not sure if this is a totally new Rascal 110 or if everything as far as drawing, jigs, etc. were given to the new maker. It will be interesting to say the least. I have a 25% off coupon that I won at one of our events and it expires on the 5th of December so I could be in luck. I'm really not going to hold my breath as we've heard all of this before more than once. I'll believe it when I have one in my hands.

Dear Robert,

Thank you for your email. Please excuse the very delayed reply.

The SIG Rascal 110 ARF will be in stock around end of November. Please check its availability (and price) on our web site which will be updated soon. Thanks.

Best regards,
Andrea Martin
Marketing Manager

SIG Mfg. Co., Inc.
401 South Front St.
PO Box 520
Montezuma, IA 50171-0520
USA
Maybe true this time. I inquired back in Sept. and got this response on 9/24. Very similar to yours:

Thank you for your email. Good news:

Several ARF airplanes, also the Rascal 110 ARF, will be available in November, more to come in December and the months to follow. The ARF availability and price will be shown on our web site once back in stock.

Best regards from Iowa to sunny Florida,

Andrea Martin
Marketing Manager

SIG Mfg. Co., Inc.
401 South Front St.
PO Box 520
Montezuma, IA 50171-0520
USA
HAV is offline Find More Posts by HAV
Old Oct 28, 2011, 05:15 PM
park city
Joined Jul 2004
962 Posts
finnally!! We have had at least 10-15 of those things go through our club.. It's a hit!
taildragger21 is offline Find More Posts by taildragger21
Old Nov 01, 2011, 06:50 AM
ltc
AMA 97737
United States, MA, Mendon
Joined Mar 2010
2,453 Posts
I still have my email from Sig back in June stating September delivery.
I have not been contacted by them regarding my spot on the waiting list.
ltc is online now Find More Posts by ltc
Old Nov 01, 2011, 11:35 AM
Stillwater, Oklahoma
Joined May 2004
250 Posts
The "new" Rascal 110's were due "in October". I sent an email to Becky @ Sigmfg and she promptly replied that they are now due in December . Supposedly there is a list for those that want one.

It sounds like they are in the pipeline....but believe when the big brown truck shows up in the driveway with an oversized box!

Cheers!

SLCPilot
SLCPilot is offline Find More Posts by SLCPilot
Old Nov 03, 2011, 11:29 AM
<>< AKA W4BPS
USA, TN, Tullahoma
Joined Dec 2001
2,428 Posts
Rascal list

I asked to be put on the list. I have heard nothing. Are y'all calling them or are they calling/contacting you? Thanks Brian
BrianSmith is offline Find More Posts by BrianSmith
Old Nov 10, 2011, 07:24 PM
Electric or Bust!
Mooresville, NC
Joined Mar 2008
1,138 Posts
I'm guessing the price of the new one will be $549.99.
skyjet is online now Find More Posts by skyjet
Old Nov 13, 2011, 07:15 AM
*It Ain't Lookin Good*
Evansville IN
Joined Aug 2004
1,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianSmith View Post
I asked to be put on the list. I have heard nothing. Are y'all calling them or are they calling/contacting you? Thanks Brian
Same here Brian. I am on their so called list. I have a Gift Certificate from Sig for 25% off but it is only good for 6 months so it will be running out on December 6th. All of these Certificates that are floating around our club were signed by one of the new marketing managers David Falkenhagen. One of our local hobby shops was contacted by Sig in regards to the Rascal 110 and if they wanted to order any. Haven't heard any more. If Sig gets their act together before this certificate runs out I'll get one. If not I just can't see paying much more for a box type fuse plane. I like the plane but prices in our hobby have gotten to much out of control for me anymore.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 04:08 PM
*It Ain't Lookin Good*
Evansville IN
Joined Aug 2004
1,126 Posts
I got another email from Becky at Sig and she says the specs on the new Rascal 110 are the same as the old except for the addition of flaps. She also told me the price is $549.99. I was also told that the Rascal 110 ARF's are on the way and will be available around December 15.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 05:08 PM
Pro Bro # 2398
BoonVegas, Indiana
Joined Dec 2005
682 Posts
i have the rascal 40 new. but would love to have the 110 !
GassPasser is offline Find More Posts by GassPasser
Old Nov 23, 2011, 01:52 PM
Stillwater, Oklahoma
Joined May 2004
250 Posts
I will call/email again on December 1.

From anybody that has built and or flown one, are the struts functional and critical to the integrity of the aircraft, or merely cosmetic?

Cheers!

SLCPilot
SLCPilot is offline Find More Posts by SLCPilot
Old Nov 23, 2011, 03:17 PM
Pro Bro # 2398
BoonVegas, Indiana
Joined Dec 2005
682 Posts
wow ! 549.00 ! thats pretty stiff !
GassPasser is offline Find More Posts by GassPasser
Old Nov 23, 2011, 10:40 PM
Relax, have a Cub
College Place, WA.
Joined Apr 2004
997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olezippi View Post
Same here Brian. I am on their so called list. I have a Gift Certificate from Sig for 25% off but it is only good for 6 months so it will be running out on December 6th. All of these Certificates that are floating around our club were signed by one of the new marketing managers David Falkenhagen. One of our local hobby shops was contacted by Sig in regards to the Rascal 110 and if they wanted to order any. Haven't heard any more. If Sig gets their act together before this certificate runs out I'll get one. If not I just can't see paying much more for a box type fuse plane. I like the plane but prices in our hobby have gotten to much out of control for me anymore.
Why don't you gaurantee your gift cert price by letting them bill your card and ship later? Anyway, I think they would honor your cert later if you ask about it now. Seems like it would be worth the effort.
mewert is online now Find More Posts by mewert
Old Nov 24, 2011, 10:28 AM
Deal Honestly or Don't Deal
United States, SC, Taylors
Joined Jun 2004
612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPilot View Post
I will call/email again on December 1.

From anybody that has built and or flown one, are the struts functional and critical to the integrity of the aircraft, or merely cosmetic?

Cheers!

SLCPilot
The struts are functional. I have assembled 5 of these planes and would not fly one without the struts. The manual advises to use them.

sarg96
sarg96 is offline Find More Posts by sarg96
Old Nov 24, 2011, 11:56 AM
Relax, have a Cub
College Place, WA.
Joined Apr 2004
997 Posts
The struts are very functionable as the center joiner is only to line up the wing panels. However, I have had one strut loose the bottom bolt once and noticed the strut hanging down on a low pass and never crashed. Use blue loctite on the strut bolts every so often to keep the threads dirty and they won't back out. The bolts are metric.
mewert is online now Find More Posts by mewert