HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 25, 2011, 07:21 AM
bmoon1952
Joined Oct 2011
4 Posts
Discussion
Sport Fisherman model from the late 50's

Does anyone remember a Sport Fisherman boat toy from the late 50's? For Christmas , Dad got me two boats. One was a Sport Fisherman boat with two Mark 55(K&O??) electric outboards. It was 24-30" long with a fiberglass hull. The other was a wind-up Century Sea-Maid type boat. Sadly, I did not take care of these boats. Anyone remember boat models like these two?

My Dad and his best friend were big time boat guys and actually built this boat.
http://svensons.com/boat/?p=CabinCruisers/SeaHawk.

I intend to build this boat as a model as well as finally finish off a Sterling 63' Constellation, Dumas Trojan 31 , and a Century Sea-maid. Being retired has finally freed up my time a little. I have been looking at all the boats on this site and I am astounded by the craftsmanship on all the models.
Thanks!
bmoon1952 is offline Find More Posts by bmoon1952
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2011, 03:59 PM
United States, CA, Orange County
Joined Aug 2011
1,992 Posts
To: Bmoon1952

You are correct, there are some realy skilled modelers that are on this site. Some have been doing this for a long time, and bring special skills, and knowledge from there real jobs. I have only recently had the easy access to the web, and have had buddies telling me I should have been on this site a long time ago. I now try to check it, as often as possible. Over the years I have lost a lot of friends, that were in this hobbie. Maybe this way I can make some new ones. CaptCB
CaptCB is online now Find More Posts by CaptCB