HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 24, 2011, 06:28 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2 Posts
Help!
My First plane Mini Super Cub

I am totally green with this hobby. I have a friend in it and it looked fun to me so after some research I bought Hobby Zones MINI SUPER CLUB and now I have I couple questions
First off during flight the motor just cuts in and out. Sometimes I can save it others not so good. Next problem after charging battery and getting ready for take off I get no response from motor then after few seconds it gets going and have no problems until in air. I kept plane on ground while my buddy held it we walked away from each other and never had a problem. He even gently shook plane held it upside down and also waved it around above his head thinking problem was in the Anti Crash System and motor never cut out. This also happens after any crash seems like I have to play with rudder/elevator then motor gets going. I can also turn controller off and the plane still sound like its on and don't think I should hear that. The plane has had several crashes but never broke anything was always able to take off again. This plane is the best for someone learning how to fly. I know nothing about this it is totally new to me would be grateful for any help thanks
scallop1982 is offline Find More Posts by scallop1982
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2011, 08:40 PM
I can fix that!
United States, ME, Bangor
Joined Jul 2011
941 Posts
That motor cutting in and out sounds like the ACT circuit kicking in. You have to push in on the right stick to turn off the "Absolute Crash Terror" circuitry. What seemed like a good idea in theory, is a terrible thing in practice. I disconnected the optical sensors on my larger Super Cub from the brick, but the connections to the smaller circuit board of the mini Super Cub are harder to get at, so every time my motor shuts off for no apparent reason, I reach over and push down on the right hand stick, and curse the ACT circuit.
The other issue sounds like the throttle failsafe. The left stick has to be pulled all the way back to enable the throttle.
I love Hobby Zone's stuff usually, but their attempts to protect us from ourselves is annoying
doug.wagner is offline Find More Posts by doug.wagner
Old Oct 25, 2011, 09:38 AM
Joined Mar 2011
545 Posts
BTW my first attempt at RC was a Parkzone mini Cub and I was dumb enough to fly it in what I thought was a little wind, results were not good, so be careful
papabearflying is offline Find More Posts by papabearflying
Old Oct 26, 2011, 10:38 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2 Posts
Thank You for that information. Its been to windy where Im at to fly. Looking at the weather it might be a few more days before I get back out there. I bought a Super Cub and it should be here tomorrow, soon as wind dies down Im going to get both planes out in field and see which one I like best. I think I will try shutting the ACT off on both planes and see how I make out. Again thanks for your help Im really starting to get into this and my 7 year old son loves watching me and wants to learn to fly also. I'll let u know how I make out.
scallop1982 is offline Find More Posts by scallop1982