HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:03 AM
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Mar 2012
11 Posts
Hi,
I received the Baro sensor 3 weeks ago....I get the V6.4 Firmware (My AQ50D is the purple one with sensor add-on).
For the moment, I haven't found the right GAIN to flight with the Baro ON.....

I will try again soon....And will let you know about it.
Patato93 is online now Find More Posts by Patato93
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:14 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patato93 View Post
Hi,
I received the Baro sensor 3 weeks ago....I get the V6.4 Firmware (My AQ50D is the purple one with sensor add-on).
For the moment, I haven't found the right GAIN to flight with the Baro ON.....

I will try again soon....And will let you know about it.
Thank you Patato93, we will be very interested to hear about your experiences with the Baro.
nebstress is offline Find More Posts by nebstress
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:14 PM
Joined Aug 2008
264 Posts
Altitude Hold Module Manual in English

http://sjprs.myweb.hinet.net/tmf/HD-101/HD-101r.htm
mahui625 is offline Find More Posts by mahui625
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:34 PM
Tel Aviv-Yafo Sde Dov, Israel
Joined Apr 1999
1,877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayscrash View Post
oded mazor, add on sensor must be used with 5.2 firmware or higher. Your problem seems related to Esc's, check for motors/wires connection/soldering even if they look good on eyes.
After that, calibrate FC and TX and test fly again. If everything fail then controller may have problem but don't hope so.
AC
Made some extensive testing and found out that I really do have a loose solder point in the Rx's cable, fixed that and it's better but still problematic.

analog sensor (version 1.8 2G) works great, very little trim and flies beutifully (very muck like my old AQ50 board).

However, the add-on sensor board is not performing well. tried all versions with the same problem - there is no auto levelling. it responds OK to stick movements but it does not go back to level flight at all, making it impossible to fly.

any ideas ?
oded mazor is offline Find More Posts by oded mazor
Old Nov 16, 2012, 06:36 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oded mazor View Post
Made some extensive testing and found out that I really do have a loose solder point in the Rx's cable, fixed that and it's better but still problematic.

analog sensor (version 1.8 2G) works great, very little trim and flies beutifully (very muck like my old AQ50 board).

However, the add-on sensor board is not performing well. tried all versions with the same problem - there is no auto levelling. it responds OK to stick movements but it does not go back to level flight at all, making it impossible to fly.

any ideas ?
Did you calibrate FC after loading new firmware? on mine with add-on sensor gain pot is at 2.30 o'clock with 12x3.8 props & 3 o 'clock with 11x5 props. Seems add-on sensor doesn't like gain pot at high rate.
AC
Alwayscrash is offline Find More Posts by Alwayscrash
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:33 PM
Joined Aug 2008
264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oded mazor View Post

any ideas ?
maybe sensor is bad.Please contact your vendor.
mahui625 is offline Find More Posts by mahui625
Old Nov 23, 2012, 04:58 AM
Joined Oct 2012
3 Posts
Hello, I have issues with my AQ50 Board: My Quad flies pretty well, still have issues when rotating on a fixed position. The Quad starts drifting and going higher in a fast way. Can this be due to vibrations? One more thing: The Quad should go straight up, when I give full speed to the ESCs, mine starts making a curve to a side and flipps over. Is there an issue with one or more ESCs? Calibration? I did not get the solution for this.
sunvalley is offline Find More Posts by sunvalley
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:18 AM
Italia, Piemonte, Biella
Joined Feb 2011
394 Posts
If you haven't calibrated escs, you definately have to, unless they are simonk flashed escs. If it still leans to one side when you give throttle then try swapping left and right escs and see if it still leans the same side. If it still does, try swapping motors. Also check bullet connectors, usually a sudden flip is caused by esc-motor connection going wrong.
thepelell is offline Find More Posts by thepelell
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:46 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepelell View Post
If you haven't calibrated escs, you definately have to, unless they are simonk flashed escs.
Even if they are SimonK they have to be calibrated!!
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:22 AM
Italia, Piemonte, Biella
Joined Feb 2011
394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress View Post
Even if they are SimonK they have to be calibrated!!
according to timecop no... i got some from him and used them straight away without calibration. After severla days i had a strange problem and thought it was because of calibration, so i calibrated them, but problem didn't go away (at the end it was not esc fault). Anyway i contacted him, and he asked why on earth did i recalibrate escs, when they are set for standard 1000-2000 values from firmware...
thepelell is offline Find More Posts by thepelell
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:18 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,096 Posts
Yes if the Simonk are all flashed with same version should be no need to calibrate them.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:26 PM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Weird, that's not been my experience since "Throttle Calibration" was added to SimonK FW about 10 month ago but I have only built a couple dozen copters & flashed a few hundred sets of ESC's with SimonK fw.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:27 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress View Post
Weird, that's not been my experience since "Throttle Calibration" was added to SimonK FW about 10 month ago but I have only built a couple dozen copters & flashed a few hundred sets of ESC's with SimonK fw.
It was added but I've never found it needed.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:26 AM
Joined Dec 2012
10 Posts
hi all, quick question in regards to esc live wires, as far as i know most multirotor fc's requires the live wires to be taken out except for M1 esc, does the AQ board require the same method, currently on mine the live wires from the esc's are all connected to the board..and i feel that i am experiencing fast current draw from my batts.
DJLILG is offline Find More Posts by DJLILG
Old Dec 03, 2012, 06:41 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,096 Posts
I've always connected them all on mine, never had an issue. Wouldn't be causing current draw I cannot see. If they are switching BEC type however it is not good to have them all connected.
Site Sponsor