HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 25, 2012, 04:43 AM
Germany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Mulheim
Joined Mar 2012
9 Posts
Hello,

Please, can anybody explain what effect modifying "again" setting in the GUI has? Is it one of the PID parameters?

Holger
holgermlh is offline Find More Posts by holgermlh
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2012, 11:30 AM
Berlin / Germany
Joined Feb 2010
689 Posts
A-Gain

Hi all ,
If you mean AGain in Protool, yes this is for PID auto Calculation , to adjust the control for different frame sizes. when I Rebuild my T580 I have to set A-Gain down to 6,2. Before it woobles a little.
Mike RCHHB
Rc Heli Halle is offline Find More Posts by Rc Heli Halle
Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:46 PM
Berlin / Germany
Joined Feb 2010
689 Posts
So new HD Video is Ready........

Hi all, All setting checked. Cam now on HD.
This was a Rc Heli meeting from Rc Pilots they meet mostly in bad weather Indoor in diff Halls here in Berlin. But the weather was so good today.
Enjoy. AQ50pro in T580 Frame. Cam Rollei P3 mount on Top, Raw Video, No Cam Stabi a all. Fun Fun Fun
AQ50pro in Lotus RC T580 Frame (6 min 46 sec)

AQ works perfect.

Mike RCHHB
Rc Heli Halle is offline Find More Posts by Rc Heli Halle
Old Mar 25, 2012, 05:52 PM
Joined Mar 2012
9 Posts
Many thanks, Mike, a first short testflight showed that a lowered value for "again" fixed my problem.

In my understanding "again" works like the "D"-value of PID and that the wobbling was a result of the fast high torque motors I'm using.

I think these motors are also responsible for the low "gain"-value of 10.

Cheers,
Holger
Old Mar 25, 2012, 09:06 PM
Joined Aug 2008
264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc Heli Halle View Post
Hi all, All setting checked. Cam now on HD.
This was a Rc Heli meeting from Rc Pilots they meet mostly in bad weather Indoor in diff Halls here in Berlin. But the weather was so good today.
Enjoy. AQ50pro in T580 Frame. Cam Rollei P3 mount on Top, Raw Video, No Cam Stabi a all. Fun Fun Fun
http://vimeo.com/39142556
AQ works perfect.

Mike RCHHB
cool.you can try it by X4.
mahui625 is offline Find More Posts by mahui625
Old Mar 26, 2012, 03:07 PM
Joined Mar 2012
9 Posts
Hi,

Can anyone tell me which improvents were made from software version 1.2 to 1.4 and from 1.4 to 1.5? Or is there an official revision list?

Thanks in advance,
Holger
Last edited by holgermlh; Mar 26, 2012 at 04:51 PM.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 05:19 PM
Italia, Piemonte, Biella
Joined Feb 2011
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by holgermlh View Post
Hi,

Can anyone tell me which improvents were made from software version 1.2 to 1.4 and from 1.4 to 1.5? Or is there an official revision list?

Thanks in advance,
Holger
from a flying point of view i didn't feel a great difference from 1.0 to 1.5, using same G setup. 1.5 has usefull feature for Camera Gimbal centering in pc software.
thepelell is offline Find More Posts by thepelell
Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:44 PM
Carbon Flyer
United States, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Oct 2010
258 Posts
USB Interface

The AQ50D has caught my attention and I have started reading this thread as best I can. But I do not understand where users are getting a USB device for the PC. Every place I visit does not mention a USB interface available.

What are you gentleman using and where can it be found? I would like to place just one order if possible.
Techcoder is offline Find More Posts by Techcoder
Old Mar 27, 2012, 01:00 PM
Joined Mar 2011
93 Posts
hi,

its called a TMF programming link

http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/p...oducts_id=7815

even foxtech should have it

hope this helps

crazyhorse21
crazyhorse21 is offline Find More Posts by crazyhorse21
Old Mar 27, 2012, 03:42 PM
Joined Mar 2012
9 Posts
Hi,

I think the drift is temperature driven. I detected that cruising produces less drift than extrem speeding. The FC cools down in strong wind and produces the annoying drift. Can anyone confirm this?

Has anybody experience with both, a completely covered FC and an uncovered one, and shares his experiences with us?

Cheers,
Holger
Old Mar 29, 2012, 05:35 AM
Joined Aug 2008
264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by holgermlh View Post
Hi,

I think the drift is temperature driven. I detected that cruising produces less drift than extrem speeding. The FC cools down in strong wind and produces the annoying drift. Can anyone confirm this?

Has anybody experience with both, a completely covered FC and an uncovered one, and shares his experiences with us?

Cheers,
Holger
covered best.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 08:51 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,258 Posts
Is there a hardware difference with the 1.5 boards from the 1.2 or is it just a firmware update?
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 29, 2012, 01:35 PM
Italia, Piemonte, Biella
Joined Feb 2011
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab View Post
Is there a hardware difference with the 1.5 boards from the 1.2 or is it just a firmware update?
it depends.. there are 2 hardware configs, 2G and 6G.. R19 and R21 being open or short determine hardware setup. When 1.2 firmware came out, it was only for 6G setup.. don't remember other fw versions if they had a double release. 1.5 is available as 2G or 6G.
I personally prefer 2G setup, it drifts less and it has a better feel for me, i find it more precise. TMF say 6G should be more resistant to vibrations.. i don't know.. i balance props and motors very well for filming so i don't have vibration problems.
I tried on the same day fw 1.0 and 1.5 on 2G , and i honestly couldn't tell any difference in flight.. maybe throttle , but it still is very sensitive... and yaw is still bad, you cannot do a slow pan with this board... it is like the P value for yaw gain was too high, and so the copter will either not move its tail, or move it too quickly.. there is no smooth transition... multiwii was much better in this. I still haven't seen an onboard video with smooth slow yaw.. and by slow i mean something like 10 seconds for 90..
drift is still present too, and it affects camera gimbal output too... very annoying.. and drift problem will not be solved by fw... if the sensors are giving rubbish values there is nothing software can do...
i have now a Rabbit board to test.. i want to see how it compares with aq50d... as a plus, it has barometer and magneto ( but i don't care about magneto if it hold heading as well as aq50 does). If baro works well it is a big help, when you have it 30ft in the air... but at the moment i can't get the software to work on my mac emulating windoze... aq50 software works no problem... i really like the semplicity of aq50d... pity they cannot seem to solve problems, now they only think about gps...
thepelell is offline Find More Posts by thepelell
Old Mar 29, 2012, 09:08 PM
Joined Aug 2008
264 Posts
Old Mar 30, 2012, 03:49 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,258 Posts
Ok thanks. I was just curious if the 1.5 had yet another hardware change beyond that.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor