SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 08, 2012, 09:19 AM
Don't disturb the pilot !!!
Canada, QC, Quebec
Joined Jun 2008
2,187 Posts
Hey Phil! Long time no talk!

Yeah no height hold on this one but for me not having to plug it to a computer to program/setup to achieve the stability I need is priceless IMO.

Got the Naza on it's way also, should get it either tomorrow or Tuesday.
saucisse is offline Find More Posts by saucisse
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2012, 05:57 AM
Brasil, RJ, Rio de Janeiro
Joined Aug 2011
78 Posts
Guys, could someone recommed a good hardware from hk that works with this board ?

Thanks
Gustavovon is offline Find More Posts by Gustavovon
Old Jan 10, 2012, 06:41 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavovon View Post
Guys, could someone recommed a good hardware from hk that works with this board ?

Thanks
Do you mean the full hardware for setting up a quad or which?

This board will work on just about any standard multicopter hardware, I've used it on a Gaui 330X conversion, an X525 frame with Tiger Motors, and a mico quad.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 10, 2012, 07:22 AM
Joined Aug 2011
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab View Post
Do you mean the full hardware for setting up a quad or which?

This board will work on just about any standard multicopter hardware, I've used it on a Gaui 330X conversion, an X525 frame with Tiger Motors, and a mico quad.

Flitelab, full hardware. I like the frames of franken quad. The otherparts i will get from HK. There are too many information of escs and motors, i would like to know a good combo for this board. I have the option to get a rtf from witespy with quadrino too. I didt decidec yet. If you could give me your opinion i will gratefull.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 07:29 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,031 Posts
Well it has more to do with what size frame you want and what you want in terms of payload, etc. The board doesn't really care what size the motors and ESCs are. So really need a bit more info on your desired setup.

For a 450-550 size frame usually a 900-1100kv motors with 18-20amp ESCs is the norm, with 8-11" props or so.

The whitespy setup is nice if you want a RTF quad, I sell the same frame as well as the Quadrino and both are very nice.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 10, 2012, 07:44 AM
Joined Aug 2011
78 Posts
Quote:
Well it has more to do with what size frame you want and what you want in terms of payload, etc. The board doesn't really care what size the motors and ESCs are. So really need a bit more info on your desired setup.

For a 450-550 size frame usually a 900-1100kv motors with 18-20amp ESCs is the norm, with 8-11" props or so.

The whitespy setup is nice if you want a RTF quad, I sell the same frame as well as the Quadrino and both are very nice.

The frame will be a 450mm. About the payload, i ll use after take some practice, tx video, 3000 amp 3s, ccd camera and go pro. The osd will be only a simple osd, just to get the voltage from battery. The important to me now is to get a very stable board, the other things will be a plus. What is you opinion about the AQ50D and the quadrino advanced
Old Jan 10, 2012, 08:07 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,031 Posts
The AQ50D and Quadrino are both great boards and I sell both.

The Quadrino has more features and can fly in rate more for doing flips, etc. The AQ50D is always in attitude mode so no aerobatics, but it is super simple to setup, no need for a PC, where as the Quadrino requires a bit more PID tuning.

All depends on what you want to do with it really, as there is no real "best" board.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 10, 2012, 08:22 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
I’d say aq50 for fpv/ stability.
Or free flight or rabbit or anything else modern.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 10, 2012, 09:16 AM
Joined Aug 2011
78 Posts
Quote:
The AQ50D and Quadrino are both great boards and I sell both.

The Quadrino has more features and can fly in rate more for doing flips, etc. The AQ50D is always in attitude mode so no aerobatics, but it is super simple to setup, no need for a PC, where as the Quadrino requires a bit more PID tuning.

All depends on what you want to do with it really, as there is no real "best" board.

Flitelab, do you have a rtf quad with the aq50d?

Timecop: that was i want to hear !
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:31 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavovon View Post
Flitelab, do you have a rtf quad with the aq50d?

Timecop: that was i want to hear !
No not selling RTFs at least not at this time. With that said, adding a AQ50D board and tuning it takes probably 20 mins at most, set the dips for the mode and tune the gain pot a few times, done.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 11, 2012, 08:21 AM
Berlin / Germany
Joined Feb 2010
686 Posts
Aq50pro Cam Gimbal Servos ?

Hi all, a Friend of my Mr. Heidekultur - big Problem.
He cant get the two Digital Servos for Cam Gimbal running smooth.
Look Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgJffg5Pwcc
Both Tickeling and make noisy , all the Time. Also when Multicopter satnd still on flat Surface.
It looks, he say, better to put the Cam without Nick/Roll compansation on and fly.
Any Help ?

Mike
Rc Heli Halle is offline Find More Posts by Rc Heli Halle
Old Jan 11, 2012, 08:49 AM
Italia, Piemonte, Biella
Joined Feb 2011
394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc Heli Halle View Post
Hi all, a Friend of my Mr. Heidekultur - big Problem.
He cant get the two Digital Servos for Cam Gimbal running smooth.
Mike
i'm having the same problem, but not so violent as in your video, there are sudden twitches in pitch servo for no reason and they seem totally random. Maybe i have less because i keep gains slightly less than half. How much gain do you have on each axis ? i am using a Savox servo on pitch axis, can't remember model , but it was 30 so certainly not any cheap crap...
thepelell is offline Find More Posts by thepelell
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:30 AM
Italia, Piemonte, Biella
Joined Feb 2011
394 Posts
just came back from quick flight, i lowered gain values and now the twitch on pitch is gone, i still have some unwanted movement on roll and gain on roll is too low, but i hav a bad servo with lots of play, so i need to wait for a new servo before i can comment further..
i'll post a quick clip of last flight so you can see.. Still have some slight vibes getting to the camera, so image will be a bit blurry, not always in focus, but that camera has taken some bad beatings and i guess its OIS is a bit out...
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:19 PM
Italia, Piemonte, Biella
Joined Feb 2011
394 Posts
here is the video from last session.
try lowering gain values and speed values.

gimbal_canon220.mp4 (3 min 22 sec)
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:38 PM
Innsbruck, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
31 Posts
Nice video - even if a barking dog seems o be not amused.

Wolfgang
wolfgangm is offline Find More Posts by wolfgangm