HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by ViperZ, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 12:44 AM
This is my Nemesis....
Canada, SK, Saskatoon
Joined Jan 2011
2,008 Posts
Discussion
PA Extra MX is One Amazing Plane!!

I'm totally pumped and still vibrating on a high from how great this PA Extra MX plane flies! This plane is actually making me into a better pilot!

Today I took the Extra MX and my Pogo EF1 out to the flying field.... These 2 planes could not be further at both ends of the spectrum LOL! I flew the Extra MX first, then the Pogo. Both were fun, but freaky in contrast! The MX was relaxing, yet exhilarating at the same time. The Pogo was just a high speed adrenaline rush from start to finish, with no rest in between

They're so different, however I'll probably not pair this combo together for some time The MX was like a Cup of Hot Chocolate on a cold day, the Pogo was like chasing it afterward with a Berry Blast Slurpee! That's not to say I could do with out one or the other, rather each plane has it's moments, depending on my mood and how I want to fly. Seeing sail planes out at the field really set the tone, as did starting with the MX. I flew one flight with the Pogo and then flew the MX for the remainder of the day

Anyway, the Extra MX was awesome to fly! This plane is actually making me into a better pilot, in that it makes me look good, doing stuff I never knew I could even think of doing. I'm a rank beginner trying to move to intermediate pilot, but I was Knife edging the length of the flight line, flying inverted the length of the field, finishing with an outside loop and roll, doing inverted spins.... Actually hovering!

On lookers were saying "Look At you go!!!"

I exclaimed "Wow!!!"

To which they responded "You sound as if you surprise yourself..."

I said "I did! and was

Modest stuff in the 3D world, but this is the first time I've ever tried to do any type of flying like this, and the Extra MX, makes it easier, and inspires confidence while doing it.

I'm loving it so far and feeling a real sense of accomplishment! This is my newest favorite plane if it keeps making me look and feel so good!

Thanks for reading!

VZ
ViperZ is offline Find More Posts by ViperZ
to remove ads between posts