HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 23, 2011, 08:01 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Jun 2011
3,179 Posts
New Product
Power HD DSM-44

Hey, I recently came across these. The specs look great, but are likely at least slightly inflated (who's aren't?). I'm just wondering if anybody has any experience with them. Do they center well? How's the resolution? Will they last? I searched for any info I could find, and didn't find much so I assume they're a pretty new product.

I'm currently building my first DLG and thought these might make good wing servos if the quality is decent. If nobody's used them before maybe I'll be the guinea pig and let you all know if they're any good.

brandon
bwill6 is offline Find More Posts by bwill6
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2011, 08:11 PM
are we there yet?
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined May 2004
1,217 Posts
I have a pair o these servos. I put them in a poly plane for my son and they seem to work well so far. I'll use them again. I don't have any means to test and compare them to other servos but on my bench they center well and are as strong as the hs45's I have.

What I dont have is a long term flight report with these servos, that is something I would be interested in.
Alan C is online now Find More Posts by Alan C
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 23, 2011, 08:14 PM
Aurora Builder
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined Nov 2003
3,431 Posts
I'm interested in hearing how they work out, but my experience with inexpensive servos in DLG's has not been favorable in the past. A major issue with the cheaper metal gear servos, and even the more expensive ones, is their tendency to develop gear train slop after ~50 launches.
samc99us is offline Find More Posts by samc99us
Old Oct 23, 2011, 11:11 PM
Postcards From The Purple Edge
United States, OK, Sand Springs
Joined May 2007
3,919 Posts
I have a pair in a top drive setup on a TopSky and I'm putting four of them in the Mystress I'm building now. I bench tested them before installing in the TopSky the results were very favorable in terms of centering, gear slop, power and resolution (or else I wouldn't have put 'em in the wing ). Haven't got much flight time on them yet though.

FWIW, the case is the exact same size as a D47.

kendall
tuppertn is offline Find More Posts by tuppertn
Old Oct 23, 2011, 11:20 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
Planet Earth
Joined Jun 2005
5,133 Posts
I bought and tested about 12 of them.
Some work just fine,some dont work at all,some worked a little while ,then start jiggling .
Bottom line,-cheap servos for cheap planes ONLY.
Yuri.
Dbox is offline Find More Posts by Dbox