HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 01, 2011, 09:10 AM
Gulf Breeze, FL
Joined Jul 2006
3,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Spencer View Post
Now, getting Bob to update his web site is another question.
Can't do anything but help sales - if nothing else, at least have him post the important parameter - the wingspan!

I'm looking forward to getting my kit, one of the reasons being so I can scale it up (since you can't publish the plans).

Gene
speedy01 is online now Find More Posts by speedy01
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2011, 09:14 AM
GymDandy Flyer
Webb City, Missouri
Joined Apr 2004
600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangar07 View Post
I was browsing various threads and came across your post on AeroBat - a cute little model. Cheers
Hi, Hangar07
You have no e-mail or P.M. address listed on RCGroups. Please contact me at: wcflyer@cableone.net for this reply.
Keep Them Flying ! Your friend, Ken
Ken Spencer is offline Find More Posts by Ken Spencer
Old Dec 01, 2011, 09:28 AM
Gravity is a harsh mistress.
United States, MI, Temperance
Joined Sep 2002
6,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Johnson View Post
Ken,
I'm glad the kits are available. I'll get one from Bob the next time I order some stuff. Looks great. I'll probably copy one of your color schemes. Nice work.

Gordon
I doubt anyone will copy the scheme I have planned
Tim Wolff is online now Find More Posts by Tim Wolff
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 01, 2011, 10:50 AM
GymDandy Flyer
Webb City, Missouri
Joined Apr 2004
600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wolff View Post
I doubt anyone will copy the scheme I have planned
Hi, Tim
Now you have me excited, can't wait to see the design of your color scheme. You always build such great looking aircraft.
Keep Them Flying ! Your good friend, Ken
Old Dec 01, 2011, 11:12 AM
Woodland Park, CO
Joined Jul 2000
828 Posts
I like it and will probably have one.

Your first take-off run in the video looks like all of mine. I generally start lined up with the wind figuring the one direction I'll not end up going is the way I was originally pointed.

Nice work.
Tim K is offline Find More Posts by Tim K
Old Dec 01, 2011, 04:09 PM
Gravity gives sinking feeling
Joined Jun 2011
1,922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Spencer View Post
Hi, Hangar07
You have no e-mail or P.M. address listed on RCGroups. Please contact me at: wcflyer@cableone.net for this reply.
Hi Ken,
Thanx for your reply. I've email but it allows only friends to contact me - will change it soon. In the mean time, I've sent a request to be my "Friend" which should open up our communication link.

Sending you a pm as well.

Cheers

CurrentDude is offline Find More Posts by CurrentDude
Old Dec 01, 2011, 10:11 PM
GymDandy Flyer
Webb City, Missouri
Joined Apr 2004
600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim K View Post
Your first take-off run in the video looks like all of mine. Nice work.
Hi,Tim K
Yes, not the prettiest take off run, but it was the first maiden off water for both the plane and I. You will just have to forgive my poor flying skills. But, it was really great fun.
Old Dec 01, 2011, 10:38 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,117 Posts
I have read this whole thread twice.
Now just a couple of comments from the peanut gallery.

First, Ken, well, since we haven't me and I haven't seen your work in person, the build thread and craftsmanship is just about as good as it can get. You do fit in the same class as Joe and Robert and Gordon. Your work, from the images I looked at is exquisit to say the least.

I love the plane. Now all I have to do is build one. I live on a lake and each year I spend hours flying much larger float planes. Yet early in the morning and late in the evening, we have very calm water and this would be a great plane for then. Also I go to the JR Indoor Event in Columbus Ohio each year and we build a lake in the golf dome. We fly float planes there all weekend long. Takes hours to fill the lake, just 10-15 minutes to drain it. There I have the best of two worlds, float planes and indoors.

So Ken, you are, in the opinion of one, in the came league as Joe, Robert and Gordon and I know I have left off others.

Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
Old Dec 03, 2011, 11:55 AM
GymDandy Flyer
Webb City, Missouri
Joined Apr 2004
600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conehead View Post
comments from the peanut gallery.
I haven't seen your work in person, the build thread and craftsmanship is just about as good as it can get. You do fit in the same class as Joe and Robert and Gordon. Your work, from the images I looked at is exquisit to say the least.
So Ken, you are, in the opinion of one, in the same league as Joe, Robert and Gordon and I know I have left off others.
Conehead, Orrin Eldred
Hi, Orrin Eldred
WOW! , I really don't know what to say. That is some list of Great Guys.
I think my hat feels a little tighter, but I know the swelling will subside by tomorrow. Thank You, for the great complements. But, it takes many other great people, that I know, to make a plane like the Triton possible.

Old Dec 08, 2011, 11:07 PM
Joined Sep 2008
296 Posts
I have seen it in person, it's really well made. I'm getting one for christmas and spreading the word. I would love to see a formation of micro triton seaplanes at the RC extravaganza in KC this march!

Ken, on the website it doesn't really state what the material is the plane is made of and what all comes in the kit. if you could elaborate a bit, so I could tell a few others exactly what to get(for me ) besides the kit to make it work.

thanks
don
dcwwcp is offline Find More Posts by dcwwcp
Old Dec 08, 2011, 11:30 PM
Crazy Canuck
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Apr 2007
2,263 Posts
Ordered mine and just awaiting for the postman to cometh to my airport. Maybe by tomorrow. I already have the Micro Drake built and look forward to having the Micro Triton next to it.
NEWBEFLYER is offline Find More Posts by NEWBEFLYER
Old Dec 09, 2011, 05:00 PM
GymDandy Flyer
Webb City, Missouri
Joined Apr 2004
600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcwwcp View Post
I have seen it in person, it's really well made. I'm getting one for christmas and spreading the word. I would love to see a formation of micro triton seaplanes at the RC extravaganza in KC this march!

Ken, on the website it doesn't really state what the material is the plane is made of and what all comes in the kit. if you could elaborate a bit, so I could tell a few others exactly what to get(for me ) besides the kit to make it work.
thanks don
Hi, Don
The kit is basically 2mm Depron Foam, and 1/64 Plywood both laser cut.
If you go to Bob's product page it will list Specifications for The Triton and parts needed to complete it. Just click on link below.

http://www.bsdmicrorc.com/index.php?productID=965

Also, at the bottom of this Specifications page is the word "Manual" in blue. Click on that word and it should open a PDF assembly file which should answer any other questions you may have.
Keep Them Flying !, Your friend, Ken

P.S. This "Manual" file does now open, but it is large and takes some time to load.
Last edited by Ken Spencer; Dec 10, 2011 at 08:47 AM.
Old Dec 09, 2011, 05:17 PM
Oxford, Michigan, United States
Joined Aug 1999
2,452 Posts
The link to the manual works fine Ken.
Petefoss is online now Find More Posts by Petefoss
Old Dec 10, 2011, 08:41 AM
GymDandy Flyer
Webb City, Missouri
Joined Apr 2004
600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petefoss View Post
The link to the manual works fine Ken.
Hi, Petefoss
Thanks for the reply.
My old computer seemed to take forever to load, but it finally did.
Keep Them Flying ! , Your friend, Ken
Old Dec 11, 2011, 07:06 AM
Gravity gives sinking feeling
Joined Jun 2011
1,922 Posts
Hi Ken,

Those photos are beautiful. You could have fooled me that it's a 2m model - Well, looks like I may have to make one of that size one day

Cheers
Anup
CurrentDude is offline Find More Posts by CurrentDude