HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:11 PM
Taiwan, 北市
Joined Dec 2010
1,215 Posts
Hi Wolfe,

I was told that there'll be EPO Beaver kits released soon, probably this was the reason why the old EPS kits being discontinued by GWS. Try Caliber Hobby at www.caliberhobby.com or All Erc or BP hobbies or Heads up to see if they still stock any of the current EPS kits.

Chen
twn Chen is offline Find More Posts by twn Chen
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:22 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twn Chen View Post
Hi Wolfe,

I was told that there'll be EPO Beaver kits released soon, probably this was the reason why the old EPS kits being discontinued by GWS. Try Caliber Hobby at www.caliberhobby.com or All Erc or BP hobbies or Heads up to see if they still stock any of the current EPS kits.

Chen
Is this place in China? Really wish that they specified an address so, I would know how much for shipping.

I have tried to order something just to find out that shipping one new EPO E-Starter is $16.00 to my door step!
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by PittSpecial; Oct 27, 2011 at 08:27 PM.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:28 PM
Joined Dec 2010
190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial View Post
Is this place in China? Really wish that they specified an address so, I would know how much for shipping.

I have tried to order something just to find out how much for shipping and it does not tell me?
I think it is in Arizona.
FoamieFlier is offline Find More Posts by FoamieFlier
Old Oct 27, 2011, 10:30 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2003
1,486 Posts
I wonder if the EPO warbirds could handle 550-600 watts without being fully fiber glassed.
Eclipse_7 is offline Find More Posts by Eclipse_7
Old Oct 27, 2011, 11:13 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse_7 View Post
I wonder if the EPO warbirds could handle 550-600 watts without being fully fiber glassed.
Well, we won't know until you try it

Seriously, I don't think so, as my Park Zone Spitfire Mk IX already is a fast RC Airplane Warbird model right out from the box and several are already having some issues by placing a larger propeller and even going 4-Cells and they wonder why o why are the wings flexing

I believe that there is only one model on the market that is made of foam that can handle that kind of power and that is...the P40 FunFligher:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18482

PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 27, 2011, 11:43 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2003
1,486 Posts
Hitec/Multiplex have this plane. Similar dimensions to the GWS warbirds, and factory recommended to 500 watts.

How different could Elapor and EPO be?
Eclipse_7 is offline Find More Posts by Eclipse_7
Old Oct 28, 2011, 02:39 AM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
I believe EPO and Elapor to be different names for a similar substance. However it may be (I haven't seen one in the flesh) that the Multiplex bird has c/f wing reinforcements?

And unless it's relocated Caliber Hobby is very close (like in the same building?) to the HQ of GWS USA at 138 S. Brent Circle City of Industry, CA 91789. Amazing coincidence or what?
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard
Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:11 AM
My Co-Pilots Rock!!
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined May 2011
1,665 Posts
Ordered some replacement parts for the Pico Moth. I was looking through some old boxes of parts and came up with a couple of sets of struts for this one. It was pretty cheap to order the fuse and wing set, so I will able to get another Pico in the air soon.

Still trying to repair the crushed fuse on the Stearman, but ordered a replacement fuse just in case.

Also working on the small Formosa. Not sure when I will get all of these projects finished, but looking forward to seeing them all in the air.

Wolfe
wolfewinde is offline Find More Posts by wolfewinde
Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:36 AM
Confused? Who, me?
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robster94gt View Post
.............Roger, about that HK Gee Bee R3 - How does it fly? That was a plane I was definitely considering as an easy quick replacement for my battered Corsair.
Rob
Just maidened it today Rob, minus landing gear and bracing wires because it was hand launch and land on rough grass. Also changed the three bladed prop for an 8060HD two blader.

Goes like a dingbat and is pretty much in trim straight out of the box with a 1050 3 cell. If your reflexes are in the same relatively poor shape as this ageing critter I recommend plenty of expo on the ailerons and not much movement. Rudder and elevator are fine, I'd worried that the elevator might be supersensitive but it wasn't. I've got rudder mixed onto ailerons and that seems to work OK.

Looking forward to flying it ROG when I can get over to the Club's flying field 25 miles away.

Apologies for O/T post but I should say I "tested the air" first by flying my good ol' GWS Zero (140W geared brushless setup, reset wing incidence and 1050 3 cell). Good as ever - no spring chicken, no great looker but then neither am I.

Formosa 1 works well with 200W wolfewind although the modified canopy has a tendency to blow off despite stronger magnets. (That's a GWS P51D canopy on a reworked version of the solid Formosa canopy.) At the moment it has a 9075D and it needs a prop with more diameter and pitch. Why "Bad News"? Because bad news travels fast!
Last edited by Roger Lombard; Oct 28, 2011 at 10:42 AM.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:43 AM
Taiwan, 北市
Joined Dec 2010
1,215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial View Post

I have tried to order something just to find out that shipping one new EPO E-Starter is $16.00 to my door step!
Caliber Hobby is located in Los Angeles, Roger is right that Caliber and GWS USA are all located at the same place.

Chen
twn Chen is offline Find More Posts by twn Chen
Old Oct 28, 2011, 11:44 AM
remotely sensitive
United States, WI, Verona
Joined Oct 2011
205 Posts
GWS EPO Corsair

Here are some shots of a Corsair that I got from Headsuprc.com It was only $35 with $4 shipping!! They sold out fast at that price. I built it for my 11yr. old nephew.. best pilot I know.. A little under powered at this point with a emax cf2822 and 1000mah 3s. Looking to max it out. It seems to want to fly fast as it has a tendency to tip stall. ( any suggestions ) I was impressed with the EPO, on par with multiplex, but a nit picky build.
woodenshoe is offline Find More Posts by woodenshoe
Old Oct 28, 2011, 02:34 PM
My Co-Pilots Rock!!
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined May 2011
1,665 Posts
The Corsair looks good - haven't flown one of those in a while so not sure what to tell you about the tip stall issue.

My Formosa II just showed up - EPO foam. It does have a much nicer look and feel than the EPS. Prob won't build this one anytime too soon - too may other projects already started.

TY for the motor tip on the Formosa 1. Will probably use a HiMax 2025 - 4200 geared, but not sure yet

Wolfe
wolfewinde is offline Find More Posts by wolfewinde
Old Oct 28, 2011, 04:21 PM
Joined Dec 2007
57 Posts
Anyone see the EPO versions of the estarter or P-51D?? I just received both from Heads Up and they don't seem to be one bit different from the old ones (I was replacing an estarter that was attacked by a light pole and thought I'd try the P-51D just for fun too). I've started the P-51 and see a lot of sanding in my future, I thought the EPO was supposed to be much smoother.

Doug
doughere is offline Find More Posts by doughere
Old Oct 28, 2011, 04:56 PM
Confused? Who, me?
Joined Jan 2005
4,790 Posts
Stupid question on my part - you have checked that you've actually got the EPO version, not old EPS stock? It should say EPO on the barcode label on the box. Having said that no, there isn't much difference in appearance. EPO has a slightly "soapier" feel to it.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 05:46 PM
Joined Dec 2007
57 Posts
Roger,

Not stupid question, I didn't check.

Yep, they both say EPO. All I can say, is I'm underwhelmed with the "improvement". Maybe they'll react better when the light pole attacks!!!

Thanks,
Doug
doughere is offline Find More Posts by doughere