HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2012, 08:48 AM
India, DL, New Delhi
Joined Sep 2010
815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfewinde View Post
Do you have Mosa 1 or 2? And is it old or new foam?

Wolfe
I have both the Mosa 1 and 2 in boxes, both appear to be the old foam but if anyone can confirm from these pics, please do so.
Are the specs listed on the box different between the new and old foam as far as weight?
TheLeabres is offline Find More Posts by TheLeabres
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2012, 09:20 AM
always something to learn...
Tacoma, WA
Joined Jan 2011
2,431 Posts
Scott, if you are looking for the SS threads...so far there are 9 parts! Here is a link:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=407136
I also have a SS, as do many here. I post some of my stick here, but mostly I try to keep it on the other thread. Welcome!! -----Metalguy
metalguy is offline Find More Posts by metalguy
Old Jan 12, 2012, 09:32 AM
Shelter Kitty "Orange Death"
United States, FL, Monroe
Joined Jan 2008
3,146 Posts
I'd say old foam.
I think the new foam is clearly marked EPO.
You're in luck.
bartricky is offline Find More Posts by bartricky
Old Jan 12, 2012, 09:47 AM
My Co-Pilots Rock!!
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined May 2011
1,665 Posts
I would say old foam too, but you can tell by feeling it. The old foam is kind of grainy and rough - the new foam is very smooth.

Nice stash!!!

Wolfe
wolfewinde is offline Find More Posts by wolfewinde
Old Jan 12, 2012, 11:14 AM
United States, IA, Greenfield
Joined Apr 2010
579 Posts
Hey everyone, my Slow Stick will be arriving on Fri. night. Very Very Excited! I just have a little dilemma. I am trying to decide if it is worth the work(which is very easy) to add ailerons to the plane? Thanks!
Lilbanks96 is offline Find More Posts by Lilbanks96
Old Jan 12, 2012, 11:44 AM
My Co-Pilots Rock!!
Joined May 2011
1,665 Posts
Lilbanks,

I am a big fan of flying planes the way they were designed in the first place - so I would not make the aileron mod.

I don't think ailerons will have a huge affect, one way or the other, unless you are going to flatten the wing and hang an over-sized motor on her.

Grats on getting the new plane - keep us informed

Wolfe
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:08 PM
Joined Jan 2008
3,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbanks96 View Post
Hey everyone, my Slow Stick will be arriving on Fri. night. Very Very Excited! I just have a little dilemma. I am trying to decide if it is worth the work(which is very easy) to add ailerons to the plane? Thanks!
My personal experience is that I didn't like the SS and it was headed for the trash. Then I read about adding ailerons and thought what the heck I'm throwing it away anyway.

I added ailerons and clipped the wings. Now it's my most flown plane. It goes where you want it to.

JMHO, Bart
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:17 PM
My Co-Pilots Rock!!
Joined May 2011
1,665 Posts
Well I would take Bartricky's advice then. Most of the pilots where I fly have clipped the wings and seem to like that mod. I have never owned an SS, but have flown them many times> so my credibility on this one SUCKS anyway lol

Wolfe
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:33 PM
Joined Jan 2008
3,146 Posts
Wolfe,

The good news is after finding my lost SS (I had already replaced it) I now have enough gear to build my Mosa that's sitting in a box.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:49 PM
always something to learn...
Tacoma, WA
Joined Jan 2011
2,431 Posts
Ailerons are something I haven't put on mine...yet. I may at a later time, but I am having fun with it as it is!-------Metalguy
metalguy is offline Find More Posts by metalguy
Old Jan 12, 2012, 02:05 PM
My Co-Pilots Rock!!
Joined May 2011
1,665 Posts
Hey - good for you, Bar - you will like the Mosa

And grats on finding the plane

I am being disloyal to the thread and working on my 3D Hobby 41" Edge 540 - might get her finished today. Then probably on to the GWS P-40

Wolfe
Old Jan 12, 2012, 07:01 PM
Gravity? No, the Earth sucks
United States, IA, Des Moines
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbanks96 View Post
Ailerons is kind of a waste on the slowstick- if you want to try ailerons- build a soar stick wing for it- now u have a real wing
http://www.radicalrc.com/search/soar%20stick

but i would build and fly the slowstick as is while you are building the stevens wing- I have one and its awesome- but I still love the slowstick wing too- is so relaxing and forgiving plane - enjoy- radicalrc has lots of hopup parts for it-
scottdearinger is offline Find More Posts by scottdearinger
Old Jan 12, 2012, 07:31 PM
Taiwan, 北市
Joined Dec 2010
1,215 Posts
Hi TheLeabres,

The new foam, EPO, is with smooth and a little shiny surface. EPO is heavier than the old EPS foam by 15 - 20%. EPO plane is tougher than EPS one.

Chen
twn Chen is offline Find More Posts by twn Chen
Old Jan 12, 2012, 07:59 PM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
I'm hoping someone can help me out ...I'm building a GWS cub j-3 f ,on GWS floats...using
hurc 2712-12 motor
gws 9050 prop
hurc 22 amp esc
4 x 9grm hurc servos( adding ailerons) almost a flat wing
860 3 s lipo battery
questions are:
will this motor do the job?
How will the gws floats mount ? Front mount slips right into LG mount but is narrower than LG struts so it 's in the middle of the battery compartment...!!!
Any suggestions?
planesilver is offline Find More Posts by planesilver
Last edited by planesilver; Jan 12, 2012 at 08:51 PM. Reason: forgot the prop
Old Jan 12, 2012, 08:36 PM
Taiwan, 北市
Joined Dec 2010
1,215 Posts
1. You'd have to refer the spec of this motor, what is its KV ? and other informations as well.
2. What size of prop that is to be used on it ?
3. The discharging rate of the lipo ? Better to use a lipo with capacity of 1300 or 1500mAh and with discharging rate of 20C.
4. You need to reinforce the wing joint of this J3 Cub's wing. It was originally designed to be flown on 10.5 oz AUW and powered by a tiny brushed IPS power.
5. You have to make a slot on the fuselage with 1/16" hard balsa piece or plywood one around this slot, and widen the front LG slot per the front mount wire of the floats, then add the same to this slot, too. Now you could give it a try, put the two mounts into the slots to see if you could locate the CG correctly on this Cub after adding the floats.
6. You might need to put the battery pack into the inside of fuselage, instead of the original slot on its bottom side. This would be the better way to keep it far away from water. You certainly need to seal the bottom slot as well.

Chen
twn Chen is offline Find More Posts by twn Chen