Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 04, 2012, 11:58 PM
Taiwan, 北市
Joined Dec 2010
1,215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbar101219 View Post
i have the four little block but there not one for the motor im sending some pictures of what i have that is close but it is plastic do you think it work
Yes, the stick that was shown on the picture you posted is for fixing motor mount on, it's 10mm square one. But I do not know why they applied the plastic one instead of the original wooden one. It might be for enviornmental reason, plastic one could be recycled.
Chen
twn Chen is offline Find More Posts by twn Chen
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2012, 12:33 AM
India, DL, New Delhi
Joined Sep 2010
820 Posts
I used this to build 5 or 6 GWS models, gluing fuselage halves. Bonds great without brittleness. The key is to enough but not too much or it fails or you'll have to keep it rubber band for 3 days for complete cure. If you put just the right amount (experiment with scrap foam) it's dry in 2 minutes or less. It's about the same as the vulcanization process used in patching inner tubes. I put on a very thin layer (less than paper width), then blow for a few seconds, then hold the two surfaces tightly againt each other with even pressure (but not too much to break anything) for about a minute (gotta use muscle on this!)
UHU Por Glue - a close up look (3 min 2 sec)
TheLeabres is offline Find More Posts by TheLeabres
Old May 05, 2012, 12:50 AM
India, DL, New Delhi
Joined Sep 2010
820 Posts
Started build on GWS Pico Tiger Moth SG Slope Glider version:
First start off with two kits, because you know the appeal of these things and a buddy will want to buy one off you later - and you get the double the fun of painting/building.
Then lay out the pieces and paint. For spray paint, all I can find in India is imported stuff from Thailand but I like the quality and the smoky look already.
Old May 05, 2012, 02:55 AM
India, DL, New Delhi
Joined Sep 2010
820 Posts
GWS Pico Tiger Moth NPS Version Unpainted

Save time and use time lapse when spray painting the GWS Pico Tger Moth Slope Glider version. Comes all white so the paint scheme options are infinite. Spray about 12 inches away so the propellant loses its sting before hitting the foam. Otherwise, the propellant eats the foam and you get tiny pits, more air drag but, like a golf ball, more lift too! lol!

Also, the NPS version doesn't have the GWS version of monokote on the wing/tail.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4#post21524120
Last edited by TheLeabres; May 05, 2012 at 04:58 AM. Reason: added info
Old May 05, 2012, 04:03 AM
Pilot, Co-pilot, Navagator
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2009
2,749 Posts
were can one buy a new pico tiger moth these days? it seems every place i seen out of stock.
nemoskull is offline Find More Posts by nemoskull
Old May 05, 2012, 04:54 AM
India, DL, New Delhi
Joined Sep 2010
820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemoskull View Post
were can one buy a new pico tiger moth these days? it seems every place i seen out of stock.
Tower Hobbies
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCGKT&P=0
Old May 05, 2012, 08:25 AM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,413 Posts
GWS P-40 upgrades

Had this great flying plane for about 2 years or more as a belly lander. Was in need of some minor repairs and one thing lead to another. I had some changesun rotaters sitting around so I added them and flaps. Resulting plane has a new lease on life and flies just as good as before even with the additional weight. Does not ballon at all and with a tad of lead in the tail to balance it out it slows to a crawl with the flaps and lands quite easily.

Regards,
Alan
GiusedtoBe is offline Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
Old May 06, 2012, 07:23 AM
India, DL, New Delhi
Joined Sep 2010
820 Posts
Update on the NPS Pico Moth build - using the AX 2308N 1100kv brushless Micro Motor from HobbyKing
I've used 5 of these motors, all with good results.

Factory Spec.
Kv: 1100rpm/v
Lipo Range: 2-3 cell
Suggested prop: 8x4 ~ 9x5
Best current range: 6~10A
Weight: 44g
Shaft diameter: 3mm

Stator: 23 x 8mm

Test Data.
Battery: 11.5v
Current: 9.7A
Propeller: 8x3.8
Thrust: 550g
Speed: 8520rpm

I'm using the upper 10mm hole and with the stick mount it lines up perfectly with the cowling.
Old May 06, 2012, 10:01 AM
Shelter Kitty "Orange Death"
United States, FL, Monroe
Joined Jan 2008
3,153 Posts
Mosa1 Pilot Figure..

Took my orinthopter outdoors for the first time. I can see how the micros can get away with a little wind.
bartricky is offline Find More Posts by bartricky
Old May 06, 2012, 10:50 AM
United States, VA, Chesterfield
Joined Mar 2001
5,286 Posts
My Zero (powered with a PJS 300) and my Swiss Float Moth yesterday at Shangri-La south in central Virginia.
Pat Daily is online now Find More Posts by Pat Daily
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My latest blog entry.
Old May 06, 2012, 12:46 PM
India, DL, New Delhi
Joined Sep 2010
820 Posts
Those models are beautiful Pat!
Old May 06, 2012, 12:54 PM
Ex RAF Techie
North East England
Joined Jun 2010
764 Posts
I second that, beautifull models!

So here's a question for you guys - I have a Spitfire and a ME109 in my loft but can't decide which one to do next. Whichever it is will get retracts and full custom decals and colour scheme. Any thoughts?
davylah is online now Find More Posts by davylah
Old May 06, 2012, 01:06 PM
India, DL, New Delhi
Joined Sep 2010
820 Posts
I haven't built the Spit yet (though it's in my cart at Tower Hobbies) but I am fond oy me Me109. I flew her belly lander and she was just very graceful coming in on short grass.
Just guessing that with all equal setup (servos, motor, ESC, battery, prop) between the two, the Me109 goes faster, pehaps better streamlined perhaps better GWS job on molding the airfoil. With that, she can go faster with the heavier weight of paint, decals, retracts. And with faster stall speed, can't do a slow fly by to admire the craftsmanship? If you want the extras to go on something for the speed, my vote goes to the Me109. What motor, prop size, and battery are you putting in?
Old May 06, 2012, 01:36 PM
Ex RAF Techie
North East England
Joined Jun 2010
764 Posts
I've already built a Spitfire and found it great to fly. Absolutely no vices and was even predictable at the stall point. I've retired it now, before it gets too scruffy so will be using the same gear from the old one......

It will get a 1400kv Brushless with 8x4 prop and 3S1500mAh Lipo, a well proven setup in the previous Spitfire (Althought not in the pic above!)
davylah is online now Find More Posts by davylah
Old May 06, 2012, 04:47 PM
Confused? Who, me?
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Jan 2005
4,789 Posts
I happened upon this thread today http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...light=hurrican

Started nearly five years ago when, at the time, there were no foamie Hurricanes on the market at all. Scorpio had done an abomination with rudder elevator only but it was deservedly neglected by the market and died. Despite the boss having suggested we start the thread nothing came of it because "there was no demand" so we got things like the J10 instead. Anyone want to hazard a guess how many foam Hurricanes there are now? And how many other manufacturers bothered with the J10?
Roger Lombard is offline Find More Posts by Roger Lombard