HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 21, 2003, 08:00 AM
tah
Oslo, Norway
Joined Jul 2003
21 Posts
Great GWS Shop in Taipei

I just came back from a trip to the GWS shop in Taipei.

I came in expecting a lot of pointing and sign language since I now speak one word of Mandarin (Dao - tea) and that does not quite cover the necessary volcabulary for buying a fully equipped RC plane. But I was pleasantly surprised to find an attendant who spoke the best english I have yet heard in a Taiwan shop.

The shopping went quickly and painlessly and he even managed to find me an english magazine to read while he picked out the parts we had agreed on. I have no idea what the magazine was about of course, since I spent the time playing with the flight simulator in the shop.

With all the great planes and parts on display, my only regret is that I could not buy everything I wanted.

So to anyone visiting la isla Formosa (The beautiful Island - Taiwan), a stop by the GWS shop is hereby recommended.
tah is offline Find More Posts by tah
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 21, 2003, 08:27 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Shijr, Taiwan. DungGwan, China. City of Industry, California.
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Thanks for your kindly comments to our shop and staffs.

Welcome to visit us again.
GWS4CEO is offline Find More Posts by GWS4CEO
Old Sep 21, 2003, 09:35 AM
tah
Oslo, Norway
Joined Jul 2003
21 Posts
Dream Starter mod

Followup question:
I noticed that the flight simulator (FMS?) was controlled using modified Dream Starter transmitters. Do you have instructions for how to do this modification? I'd like to try it myself.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 05:57 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Need to send for special modified.

Don't kill your Dream Stater by inproperly modification. Call GWS Taiepi staffs for help: 02-2654 7090
Old Sep 22, 2003, 09:13 AM
tah
Oslo, Norway
Joined Jul 2003
21 Posts
Nope

No thank you, I have done several more advanced soldering jobs than this, and my transmitter is in Norway. Much to expensive to send it down to Taipei.

Maybe you can pm me the instructions and I'll promise not to pass them on.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 09:26 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
I should ask my RD to make a modification note and post for worldwide GWS TX users. So that every one can upgrade their TX to use FMS.

Hmmm~~~ Oslo, Norway? Are you NBC ( not ABC )?
Old Sep 22, 2003, 09:30 AM
tah
Oslo, Norway
Joined Jul 2003
21 Posts
Thanks, that would really be great!

NBC? I'm sorry, I don't get it.
Currently I'm in Hsinchu on business. It's nice to be away from the cold north now that the cold fall is coming.

But alas, in 12 days I return. Brrrrr
Old Sep 22, 2003, 09:36 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Can you call me to GWS HQ?

02-8692-6255 ask for Boss.
Old Sep 24, 2003, 06:02 AM
tah
Oslo, Norway
Joined Jul 2003
21 Posts
Thank you, I will try to do that on Friday. Is it OK if I call after 7 pm? The customer is keeping me busy around the clock right now so I have no time to call during the day. It's amazing the work stamina you Taiwanese have.

I have one minor problem you might help me with too. When I was in the shop I thought I had a 72 MHz transmitter (Dreamstarter), but upon further checking I have a feeling it is actually a 35 one. I'm checking with DWE now to see what they sent me.

Anyway, I purchased a 72MHz receiver in the shop, because I got the impression it was all they had. Is it possible to get a 35 MHz one sent there so I can exchange it this weekend?
The model I have is GWR-6N, channel 50

Thank you in advance.

Old Sep 24, 2003, 05:38 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
I suggest that you bring the wrong TX to our shop exchange for a 72Mhz, which is a legal permmited by Taiwan government.

The 35Mhz is only for export to those countries who should use them.

Do not operate a GWS TX other than 72Mhz in Taiwan. The slaes may be thinking you are going to bring TX back to you home country. Sorry to bring you such inconvenience.
Old Sep 25, 2003, 06:16 AM
tah
Oslo, Norway
Joined Jul 2003
21 Posts
OK, so they do have the 35 in the shop? The one I got was the 72 and I am planning to bring it back to Norway where 72 is illegal.
Thanks.
Old Sep 25, 2003, 08:44 AM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tah
OK, so they do have the 35 in the shop? The one I got was the 72 and I am planning to bring it back to Norway where 72 is illegal.
Thanks.
Yes, GWS HQ have all frequencies for export.

But you need show your passport and sign an agreement not to use this illegal frequency radio operated in Taiwan. Only bring this radio back to your country to use her.

GWS recalled all the export frequencies GWS system which sold in Taiwan not permmited in legal. That cost us a multi milions NT$! Because of GWS's sales trust of those flyers' words, and forgot to ask them to sign the documents!

However, the JR, Sanwa-Airtronics agent, and FUTABA Taiwan Branch... others important makers did not recall as GWS did! So that Taiwan had too many illegal systems were spreded by those major brands!

I am always worry about that may cause accidents!?
Last edited by GWS4CEO; Sep 25, 2003 at 06:54 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2003, 07:00 PM
Houng-wen Lin
Joined Sep 2001
19,445 Posts
You must not use those illegal frequency other than 72Mhz in Taiwan!

To be caught and paying penalty is a small problem. In case of other industry who is usoing this 35Mhz ( or others ) on their professinal jobs will be interferanced by your miss operation cause accident. That is possible even cause some one will be killed!