HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:20 PM
stegl
Kelowna , BC
Joined Nov 2008
2,535 Posts
Thanks for the correction norice.... edited just for you. Took the wheels off and turned them down on my lathe and they fit on the panst much better. No the wheel pants stay. I sure like the way they mount them. Two bolts and off they come . will do the red and blue trim when the weather warms up as I have to paint out doors.
stegl is offline Find More Posts by stegl
Last edited by stegl; Jan 31, 2013 at 10:18 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:39 PM
Germany, NDS, Brunswick
Joined Dec 2012
50 Posts
OMG, this tires are huge !
If you look closer you would notice the canards at the cowling!
Skylane II is offline Find More Posts by Skylane II
Last edited by Skylane II; Feb 03, 2013 at 12:49 PM.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:14 PM
stegl
Kelowna , BC
Joined Nov 2008
2,535 Posts
Yup... another aircraft in the backgrouind..... these are what you call tundra tires. After looking closer there seems to be something there.... missed it first time or two arround. Looking closer there seems to be some white markings along the side up to the registration. Wondering if someone was doctoring the picture ???
Last edited by stegl; Feb 04, 2013 at 07:13 PM.
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:33 PM
Germany, NDS, Brunswick
Joined Dec 2012
50 Posts
The picture is branded by the reseller, you could buy it for only 360.000 US-Bucks.
This aircraft is prepared for extreme bush performances, powered by an 300 hp Lycoming engine.It's offered in Calgary, for more pics visit
http://www.aircraft24.com/de/singlep...182q--xm83.htm
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:44 PM
stegl
Kelowna , BC
Joined Nov 2008
2,535 Posts
Wonder if they would take a personal cheque ? Well got the cowl lights installed and now working on the wingtip and top tail flashing lights. The flashing lights will come on when powered up with battery installed and the headlights will be triggered by the transmitter when flaps are droped either flap 1 or flap 2 settings. That way I will know if I have forgotten.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 07:23 PM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,564 Posts
10mm White LED's from Ebay

I'm thinking these will show up pretty good even in the day-time.
davidmc36 is online now Find More Posts by davidmc36
Old Feb 19, 2013, 11:10 PM
stegl
Kelowna , BC
Joined Nov 2008
2,535 Posts
Looks good !... My lighting took a delay . I was hoping to get it done by now. Helped out a new flyer this year; build another ARF plane for him ( quite physically challenged in a wheelchair) and just finished it then off to a trade and swap show down south . Ended up with Mosquito twin but that one will need a lot of work with retracts and all. ( I just got some thing with twins). There was also a large KMP Typhoon ( 80 inch plus) new, with retracts and he was asking $500 with some first class retracts built for it . Just too many deals and not enough cash. Anyways have a month or so so trying to get some serious time put in.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 03:32 AM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,564 Posts
I'm still working on some other lighting. I picked up some ARF wing tips and will do surgery to transplant them. I have a programmer and plan to pick up some ATTiny chips with the idea of adding strobes to the wing tips and beacon for the tail and belly.

Once I have some things I like the Twin should get some additions too. Maybe not this year though as we just ordered hardwood floor for the Rec Room and a new Gas BBQ, Hot Water, and Furnace are going in when the frost is out of the ground.
Old Mar 09, 2013, 05:26 PM
Germany, NDS, Brunswick
Joined Dec 2012
50 Posts
I'm working on the lighting, too. The pictures should give you an idea how it works..
Old Mar 09, 2013, 05:54 PM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,564 Posts
Those look good. I haven't decided yet whether to put the strobes inside the same globe as the navs are in or put them back in the middle. I'm still waiting for some more lights that I ordered.
Old Mar 09, 2013, 06:12 PM
Germany, NDS, Brunswick
Joined Dec 2012
50 Posts
Yes, it's really too tight in the little globe, know what you mean. To avoid short circuits I've epoxied it into place,but installing them was a pain..
Old Mar 09, 2013, 07:15 PM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,564 Posts
Actually I'll have lots of room in the ARF wing tips to add the strobes. I just don't know what look I want, visible from front and back or just from the front.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 10:16 AM
stegl
Kelowna , BC
Joined Nov 2008
2,535 Posts
Hi David.... did you have the kit or the ARF version ??? Just wondering if anyone used the ARF wingtips on the kit version and just how they fit ???
Old Mar 13, 2013, 11:01 AM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,564 Posts
I have the kit plane. The ARF wing tips are not a great fit actually. They seem to be a bit large in the thickness. I'm going to go ahead and install them though since I have already cut the balsa tips off. Couldn't really see how they would fit until I had one off. The first one was pretty close so I went ahead with the second one, it was a bit worse. Will have to scheme up something to fix it up.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 11:33 AM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,564 Posts
I was just thinking about that while I made breakfast. (Yeah I know it's only noon, actually got to sleep in today)

I think what I will do is make a rib that is smaller than the shape of the airfoil by the thickness of the fiberglass wing tip shell. I will make it 3/16 or 1/4 inch thick and glue it to the end of the wing. Then cut out the vertical portion of the wing tip leaving just a "cup" shape. That way I can glue it on the new false rib and make it match the airfoil shape perfectly.