HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 22, 2011, 12:38 AM
Pilot, Co-pilot, Navagator
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2009
2,749 Posts
Discussion
the twins, a cargo plane, REFIT.

it flies! it has a balsa wing, 24 inches so a little bigger than stock, and being balsa, does not bend, i always figured the stock foam wing would add a little dehidral.
flies nice, but my first plane was a t28, so the lack of dehidral is going to take some getting use to. a little heavy, but nice.
ar6400T, and adx5e. rudder turns are almost non existant. i may try to get the winglets to act as rudders.
nemoskull is offline Find More Posts by nemoskull
Last edited by nemoskull; Oct 25, 2011 at 02:56 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2011, 01:11 AM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
USA, ID, Coeur D'Alene
Joined Dec 2003
5,442 Posts
cool, i made a little one for an aeroace radio, and added just a bit of dihedral, really flies good.
derk is offline Find More Posts by derk
Old Oct 22, 2011, 09:58 AM
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2009
2,749 Posts
yeah, i need the dehidral. this thing likes to torque to the left, i have 10 clicks in the trim to fix it. and the no dehidral is killing me, its no fun. and slow, a bit under powered IMO, but then again, i am use to trajon like power, that thing could go vertical on a fresh nano.
maybe if i stuff a 40mm EDF in the body..........
thought for another day.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 09:44 AM
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2009
2,749 Posts
update***
every thing flies real nice right now. the wing is a bit warped, and the 2.2 g hk servo running next to the motor wires dont help. phantom signals.
but after adding some trim, shes a real floater. i calc the wiing load at about .75g/in2. the thing is, i build it with 3mm cellfoam 88 and wood glue. real strong, but not real light weight. i still need a second AS2000 servo for the left wing, then i can hk 2g servo for the bomb drop.
i also think this would do well with Avro Lancaster style rudders. that center rudder is only really useful on approach at dead stick. some gear would be nice too, or props that done hit the ground.....well if i do all that, it will be the same weight. oh well.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 03:01 AM
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2009
2,749 Posts
well, hit the trees one to many times. i was tired of the patched up 1/4 foam fuse, so i re did it using foam glue, and new tail fethers as well. re doing the alierons.
i have too many different servos, but only on AR6400 plug, so i am soldering the servos to the board.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:17 PM
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2009
2,749 Posts
pics, the twin bomb bays, i was going to have a servo on the door, but i could not get it to work reliable. instead, just an open bomb bay, with chan 5 and 6 on bomb bay A and B.
i am guessing AUW will be close to the same ad before, but should be more funnmer.

still need to build the pull pull for elevator and rudder. triple rudders, but outer only turn inner.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 09:35 AM
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2009
2,749 Posts
maidened her today! at 7am it was cold, and because of it i flew her into a tree. the AUW is almost the same, but she flies much faster. tried the bomb drop, no dice. then the aileron cable broke, will have to convert to push rods and those other thingies. belcranks?
Old Oct 28, 2011, 03:48 PM
3DHobbyShop Addict
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,528 Posts
Nice! But this most recent flight didn't sound like it went too good!
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:37 AM
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2009
2,749 Posts
no, and the last one killed it. i launched, then lost power, nose dive into the ground. nose was damaged somewhat, but i tried again anyway. then the nose came apart and to caught in the port side motor, stalling it and sending the airplane to the ground in a flat spin. it was cool to see tho./
Old Oct 31, 2011, 02:52 PM
3DHobbyShop Addict
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,528 Posts
Haha yeah!! I just recently got my neighbors super cub stuck in a tree! My dad climbed the tree and shook it and got it out though! Nose dive straight into the ground!! It syrvived with a slightly damaged cowling!! Tough little bird!
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer