HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:23 PM
Not a newbie anymore..
Ireland, Cork
Joined Oct 2010
2,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlyquin76 View Post
I use this on 3s with my Radjet and 6x4 prop and it works really well.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ner_Motor.html
What are your Watt and Amp readings when running this motor with the 6x4 prop,
any idea your top speed ?

Sean
skyhawk newbie is offline Find More Posts by skyhawk newbie
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:47 PM
Switzerland
Joined Sep 2008
982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhawk newbie View Post
What are your Watt and Amp readings when running this motor with the 6x4 prop,
any idea your top speed ?

Sean
About 25-30a
Cid156 is online now Find More Posts by Cid156
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Miniquad WSk250
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:50 AM
Reap the wild wind
Bristol,UK
Joined Feb 2007
4,285 Posts
It makes a change for HK to understate the prop sizes "Suggested Prop: 7x4(2S) ~ 5x5 (3S) " which would be well short of the 34 amp max rating.
Andy
headlessagain is online now Find More Posts by headlessagain
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:16 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
11,766 Posts
I run that motor on one Radjet with 5x5 for 4S. I tried 6x4 and that was a bit faster, but you can tell it is under a bit more duress and you need to limit WOT use. With the 5x5 it is fine to do as you please pretty well.
I forget the Amps - I had pre-tested it to be sure it was all fine (I use a 40A or 50A ESC I think it was - A Turnigy Deluxe). I have to test it again and record the numbers this time!
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2013, 06:46 AM
Australia, TAS, Claremont
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC View Post
I run that motor on one Radjet with 5x5 for 4S. I tried 6x4 and that was a bit faster, but you can tell it is under a bit more duress and you need to limit WOT use. With the 5x5 it is fine to do as you please pretty well.
I forget the Amps - I had pre-tested it to be sure it was all fine (I use a 40A or 50A ESC I think it was - A Turnigy Deluxe). I have to test it again and record the numbers this time!
what mah 4S lipo do you use, i was planning on testing my Radjet on 4S for the 1st time soon but the only 4S lipos i have atm are 1800mah

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html

Has anyone tried there Radjet with these?
harlyquin76 is offline Find More Posts by harlyquin76
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:45 AM
United Kingdom, England, Consett
Joined Feb 2012
113 Posts
Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, but as this is the type of plane i'm talking about I thought it would be a good place.

I was wondering what is the correct way to land one of these things....and I mean the kind of landing that's intentional, not those "slightly rough" landings that result in replacement parts or sticking things back together.

I'm on a tight budget and want to put a plane together for the summer, had been thinking about a glider type like the Bixler, but these look quite interesting too. I've had a try of this kind of plane on Phoenix along with Wings and I quite like these but can't figure out how you are meant to land them.

Looking at videos people just seem to let them come in for a belly landing the same as you would something like the Bixler...which is great as I need a belly lander since I have no runway to utilise, but don't you just snap your props if you land like this? Is there a way of having the motor always stop the blade in a specific orientation?

Also does anyone know if the motor that comes in the ARF kit can be used on 4S or is it 3S only?
ColSonders is offline Find More Posts by ColSonders
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:00 AM
ZX-10R pilot
USA, TX, Lumberton
Joined Oct 2005
383 Posts
The Radjet simply belly lands, ideally just slow it down and let it settle down. Or if you have to you can force it down if you're coming in a little hot. The Radjet is pretty tough overall and glue together easy. You won't break props as long as you land in decent thick grass. But if you land in hard packed grass or dirt you will probably break props often. I haven't tried 4s on stock setup, but many say it works well.
setxws6 is offline Find More Posts by setxws6
Old Feb 04, 2013, 10:13 AM
Owatonna MN 55060
Joined Sep 2005
1,945 Posts
Motor that came with my PNP (brown housing with slots) works fine on 4s with the stock prop.

Motors on my ARF and BNF look the same (black housing with round holes) I haven't run them on anything yet.
Gohmer is online now Find More Posts by Gohmer
Old Feb 04, 2013, 07:37 PM
Joined May 2010
1,873 Posts
Is the stock prop that comes with radjet a 5.5x5.5? I was running a 4.5x4.5 on 3s with my grayson 2300kv and switched to stock prop today and it performs even better...motor was slightly warm after 7-8 min of med and full throttle flight...I am still using stock esc with no issues...i estimate top speed at around 90mph at level flight...
hate2crash is offline Find More Posts by hate2crash
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:37 PM
what ya mean i have to land?
DesMoines,Wa
Joined Feb 2008
1,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlyquin76 View Post
what mah 4S lipo do you use, i was planning on testing my Radjet on 4S for the 1st time soon but the only 4S lipos i have atm are 1800mah

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html

Has anyone tried there Radjet with these?
i use the 1800 4s in my radjet.Had to remove the top deck and open up the bay so i could slide it all the way back to the esc.Balances great.Everything else is stock,even the prop.
oly_rcer is offline Find More Posts by oly_rcer
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:29 PM
Not a newbie anymore..
Ireland, Cork
Joined Oct 2010
2,038 Posts
My ARF RadJet 800 arrived today , but I wont be home untill Friday night
and then I'm away again on sunday for another week

running gear when I get a chance to fit it..

MG90S - Turnigy MG90S Metal Gear Servo 1.8kg x2
TR_P60A - TURNIGY Plush 60amp Speed Controller
D2826-62200 - D2826-6 2200kv Outrunner Motor
T2836-2350 - Turnigy2836 brushless Outrunner 2350kv

Sean
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:43 PM
what ya mean i have to land?
DesMoines,Wa
Joined Feb 2008
1,402 Posts
soon as the radjet kit is in stock i'm ordering 2 of them.Have a 2836-2700 for one and a 2350 for the other.One thing i learned is do not climb vert and then cut power,death spiral all the way down lol.i always fly under power now
oly_rcer is offline Find More Posts by oly_rcer
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:49 PM
Not a newbie anymore..
Ireland, Cork
Joined Oct 2010
2,038 Posts
I've read that these's are the best settings for the Radjet
D/R 60% and 30% expo. could anybody confirm if this is correct ?

Sean
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:16 PM
Joined Nov 2006
11,766 Posts
I am still waiting for a death spiral...... LOL
I do the "Show off vertical climb to zero power and let it do what it wants until diving down straight again" thing quite often. That is like a standard high power, fast aircraft's show off move! Fly vertical until it is a spec...... even out of sight..... then cut power, neutral controls and wait.... hehe
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:22 PM
Joined Nov 2006
11,766 Posts
DR and Expo are personal choices (on all aircraft).
I guess a control surface throw could be useful to know, but I always just set up 'max' and 'half way' on dual rates and maiden away on the Max setting! LOL
Expo.... I always throw in 10%, for no real reason! LOL. Just to use it.... I have never found any value to be of any great use, so I prefer pretty much linear.

I have not had a plane so psycho on Max throws that I couldn't just use less stick myself (eg maiden - even the Radjet), but the Radjet is probably the only one that DOES have a pycho roll rate at high throws!!
So for 'elevator' you can use Max fine, but 'aileron' I would start at the Low Rate of 50% area.

The 100% aileron rate is great to switch to just for psycho rate rolls (to show off again) when you want those!! I don't know how many RPM it is but it is FAST!!
RCG Plus Member