HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:09 PM
ZX-10R pilot
USA, TX, Lumberton
Joined Oct 2005
383 Posts
Nice video! Looks really quick for a 2200kv motor and 6x4 prop!
setxws6 is offline Find More Posts by setxws6
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:20 PM
Switzerland
Joined Sep 2008
926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by setxws6 View Post
Nice video! Looks really quick for a 2200kv motor and 6x4 prop!
And maybe faster with an 5.5x4.5
Cid156 is offline Find More Posts by Cid156
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Miniquad WSk250
Old Oct 03, 2012, 04:34 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,651 Posts
you guys want ballistic , put this lil motor in it
http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...450-Jet/Detail
i have it mine , easly does 115 on a 3s 2200 30 c . only mods i did was reinforce the wings with a 5mm carbon tube ,sorry dont have a video of it
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Oct 03, 2012, 05:00 PM
ZX-10R pilot
USA, TX, Lumberton
Joined Oct 2005
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN View Post
i have it mine , easly does 115 on a 3s 2200 30 c . only mods i did was reinforce the wings with a 5mm carbon tube ,sorry dont have a video of it
Nice! I might have to try this on my next radjet!
Old Oct 03, 2012, 05:14 PM
Upstanding Member
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2003
1,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlyquin76 View Post
Cant remember who suggested it ( i think Kurt ) but about 3 mins into this video is my Radjet 800 with the 2200kv http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=12919
Best idea ever, Thank you....
Very cool video!!
You may have heard about the 2826 from me, if so it's only because I dug it up in this thread somewhere
I'm with you on this motor: more than fast enough for my eyes and reflexes on 3S!

Already have two extras, with two 35A Hobbyking ESCs, waiting to go into the dual Radjet. Going to try 6x4 counter-rotating 3-bladed props first. Should be awesome
Kurt is offline Find More Posts by Kurt
Old Oct 03, 2012, 05:28 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
10,717 Posts
My 3S tests were still somewhat OK power result, but for 3S you would/could move to a larger prop to increase the power of course.
And with 4S only going to 25A area, you could go bit higher in load/prop for that too. Not too much more though. I would think that 25A would be the area of what you want if you want it to last long term.
PeterVRC is online now Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: SBEC's connected in parallel
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:10 AM
United Kingdom, England, Southport
Joined Jan 2011
142 Posts
Well after completely glueing mine turns out "foam epoxy" does not stick to foam.... Back to the drawing board! I'm going to glue one wing with CA and see if that works better. So annoying!!
Dannyboy85 is offline Find More Posts by Dannyboy85
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:31 AM
Upstanding Member
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2003
1,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyboy85 View Post
Well after completely glueing mine turns out "foam epoxy" does not stick to foam.... Back to the drawing board! I'm going to glue one wing with CA and see if that works better. So annoying!!
Danny, Gorilla Glue (white or brown) is the best for gluing the wings to the fuse. If it's especially dry where you live wipe down one of the surfaces with a damp sponge first, then spread a thin layer of GG (I use one of those throw-away acid brushes).
CA sticks ok but the expanding, gap-filling nature of GG is better for this use IMO. Just be sure to trim away any that squirts out of the seam before it totally hardens. A strip of clear tape over the top half will keep it in at least one side.
Kurt is offline Find More Posts by Kurt
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:40 AM
United Kingdom, England, Southport
Joined Jan 2011
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
Danny, Gorilla Glue (white or brown) is the best for gluing the wings to the fuse. If it's especially dry where you live wipe down one of the surfaces with a damp sponge first, then spread a thin layer of GG (I use one of those throw-away acid brushes).
CA sticks ok but the expanding, gap-filling nature of GG is better for this use IMO. Just be sure to trim away any that squirts out of the seam before it totally hardens. A strip of clear tape over the top half will keep it in at least one side.
I can't seem to find gorrilla glue here in the UK. I know in the states every corner shop sold it..... I will see tonight how this ca worked. If its a no go I will see about ordering GG or getting my Dad to send me some from the US.
Dannyboy85 is offline Find More Posts by Dannyboy85
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:04 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
10,717 Posts
I took the Radjet out for tests this morning....
I forgot to take my GPS Logger though.

2826/6-2200kv 5x5 APC prop
3S 1300mAH 25C
This was pretty fast... probably faster than the stock motor was when I was using a 6x4 prop cut down. But I think a lot of power is wasted in drag anyway, so you don't get huge amounts of speed for the fact you have a bigger motor and more Watts. Of course it is faster, just not a huge amount. But maybe visual guesses are not that great....
On 3S it could fly all day, every day you head out, and the motor would last long term doing this - it seems. Temp on landing and heat soak felt to be in the 40degC's (by 50degC you go "ouch that is hot!", so it was under that)
The stock motor couldn't cope with the bigger prop/power and fried after a while.

4S 1300mAH 45C
Well, you can hear the motor move up to far more of a scream, and it was somewhat faster. How much? Hard to tell but something like 10kph to 20kph faster.
The power/weight ratios from the static testing had already shown that the 3S wasn't a long way behind the 4S. But if you want that bit of extra speed you need the 4S then. The motor would not likely like the full 4S power being used for too long at a time.
I decided the 3S was a good combo, and the 4S was a "Let's show off a bit more speed" thing to use now and then.

I forgot to take the 4S 1800mAH 35C's.... I expect they would not be far off the 4S 1300mAH result really.

And thus the three batteries:
3S 1300mAH 25C
4S 1300mAH 45C
4S 1800mAH 35C
Are all nicely suited to it with this motor in it. All three have unlimited vertical - seeing they all give over 1:1 thrust, and I flew it off vertical to be a dot and then cut power to find out what way and manner it was heading back down then! LOL.
I am yet to see the "spiral of death" occur in either of mine..... maybe one day.....
PeterVRC is online now Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: SBEC's connected in parallel
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:03 PM
Reap the wild wind
Bristol,UK
Joined Feb 2007
3,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyboy85 View Post
I can't seem to find gorrilla glue here in the UK. I know in the states every corner shop sold it..... I will see tonight how this ca worked. If its a no go I will see about ordering GG or getting my Dad to send me some from the US.
Just goggle Gorilla Glue and you will find it stocked at lots of places, even Screwfix

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do;js...h=Gorilla+Glue and it's available on Ebay from UK traders.
Andy
headlessagain is offline Find More Posts by headlessagain
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:01 PM
ZX-10R pilot
USA, TX, Lumberton
Joined Oct 2005
383 Posts
Quote:
Hey what prop were you using with that setup? Any watt or amp readings?
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:16 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,651 Posts
Quote:
Hey what prop were you using with that setup? Any watt or amp readings?
im using the recomended prop that is listed on the vendors discription a 6x4 ,im pulling 590 watts . 5min flight time with one minute to land total of 6min my batteries read 3.70
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:35 AM
ZX-10R pilot
USA, TX, Lumberton
Joined Oct 2005
383 Posts
Quote:
im using the recomended prop that is listed on the vendors discription a 6x4 ,im pulling 590 watts . 5min flight time with one minute to land total of 6min my batteries read 3.70
Great info to know. What type of flying do you do? Mostly full thottle flybys or throttle managment flying?
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:42 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,651 Posts
Quote:
Great info to know. What type of flying do you do? Mostly full thottle flybys or throttle managment flying?
full throttle . i cant probably get more flight time if i manage the throttle , ooh and i use a 2650 30c 3s battery