HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:50 AM
ZX-10R pilot
USA, TX, Lumberton
Joined Oct 2005
383 Posts
I think the a rudder would be no good on the radjet, the vertical stabs already are kinda small. And the extra weight and drag from having working rudders would only hinder speed.

My Funjet Ultra has a 7x5 sport APC prop with a powerful HET 2w-30 4s setup and I've never come close to the prop when launching. There has to be something terribly wrong with your setup to have this much trouble. There's only two things I can think of...1 is your CG must way off...or 2, you have your thurst angle way off somehow. Other than those two things the only other is throw rate being too high.

Oh and don't use hot glue guns, that glue is HEAVY. Try gorilla glue. Just my 2 cents
setxws6 is offline Find More Posts by setxws6
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:27 AM
Joined Dec 2007
624 Posts
i have the aile throws set at 70% with 30% expo and ele at 100 with 25% expo....i have my c/g at 400,i only test that on my finger tips so i dont know how accurate that is but it seems to balance level....as for the thrust angle it seems straight and level when i eyeball it,but thats purely subjective of course. maybe someone else might see something different.

i dont have any gorilla glue,its really expensive over here,but i do have some uhu por.i will use that from now on instead of the hot glue.
mrmurder1975 is offline Find More Posts by mrmurder1975
Old Aug 29, 2012, 01:56 PM
Reap the wild wind
Bristol,UK
Joined Feb 2007
4,283 Posts
UHU Por is my glue of choice for foamies and this HK glue is just as good http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...rge_100ml.html. Shame not stocked in their UK warehouse.
Have you considered side arm launching? Here's my Flycat being launched by my FB using this method.
Haoye Flycat pusher jet (3 min 40 sec)

You could always pop over to me and I'll launch it for you! I would also increase the expo to 50-60% .
Andy
headlessagain is offline Find More Posts by headlessagain
Old Aug 29, 2012, 04:28 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Motherwell
Joined Dec 2011
209 Posts
ok doke am waiting on my receiver to come in stock in uk warehouse lol i got the radjet Stock but im not bothered a heard its hard to get the elevon set up on this thing but al manage it lol i got carbon spars im going to put them throught the wings for added support because i just dont trust them lol plus my 7year old little brother pulled on wing off by mistake and i seen it happen and it didnt take much so i reglued it lol whats the best glue? and does supper glue work?
Paramanic is offline Find More Posts by Paramanic
Old Aug 29, 2012, 05:10 PM
ZX-10R pilot
USA, TX, Lumberton
Joined Oct 2005
383 Posts
Foam safe superglue can work on most foam. I recommend Gorilla glue personally, I use it on all my foam planes.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 06:10 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Motherwell
Joined Dec 2011
209 Posts
is there a special name for the type of gorrilla glue or is it like this one http://direct.hobbycraft.co.uk/produ...0ml_345239.htm

how long does that take to seal?
Paramanic is offline Find More Posts by Paramanic
Old Aug 29, 2012, 08:08 PM
ZX-10R pilot
USA, TX, Lumberton
Joined Oct 2005
383 Posts
Yes that's it. The brown kind takes about 3hrs to cure. But they have a fast drying kind that is white. It only takes about an hour.

http://www.gorillatough.com/index.php?page=dries-white
Old Aug 30, 2012, 02:59 PM
Joined Dec 2007
624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by headlessagain View Post
UHU Por is my glue of choice for foamies and this HK glue is just as good http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...rge_100ml.html. Shame not stocked in their UK warehouse.
Have you considered side arm launching? Here's my Flycat being launched by my FB using this method.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GKhyyI6oHo
You could always pop over to me and I'll launch it for you! I would also increase the expo to 50-60% .
Andy

hiya andy. tbh i suck at side arm launches! tried many many times with my flying wings,never could get the hang of it.the only method i seem to have success with is overhead. if i could get to bristol i would take you up on that offer mate,would be good to have someone test it for me so i know its not me! but my car is dead and i cant get anywhere at the moment. so frustrating! will do as you suggest too and increase the expo,split the difference and set it a 55% (just on aile i assume you mean?)

thanks mate.

ps

where did you get that flycat from and what setup do you run on it? it looks sweet!
Old Aug 30, 2012, 03:35 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by headlessagain View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GKhyyI6oHo
Andy
i like that cat where did you get if from ,if you dont mind me asking
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Aug 30, 2012, 03:55 PM
Joined Dec 2007
624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN View Post
i like that cat where did you get if from ,if you dont mind me asking

just found it at hobbyking mate
Old Aug 30, 2012, 04:42 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurder1975 View Post
just found it at hobbyking mate
ahhh is it the 15,00 cat, looks sweet , thanks
cheers
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Aug 31, 2012, 06:20 AM
Australia, TAS, Claremont
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Radjet 800 canards

Hi guys, just did this mod to my Radjet 800
it was nose heavy even tho i have cut about an inch back into where the 1300 3c lipo goes
I found that adding the canards to the front and mixing them with the elevator it can pull up better and makes it easier to pull out from a loop.
Using a DX8 and mixed the canard servo in flap mode with 40% up and down for the 1st test also using an apc 6x4 prop
ill upload a video of it soon.

also somebody was asking what would be better for a second plane a Radjet 800 or 420, i own both and would diffidently say the 420 is way easier to fly
harlyquin76 is offline Find More Posts by harlyquin76
Last edited by harlyquin76; Aug 31, 2012 at 06:31 AM.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 07:51 AM
Parkflyer Extraordinaire
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Feb 2009
95 Posts
I'm going to maiden my Radjet today just after work. After reading some of the posts in this thread I'm a little worried...
My current takeoff & flight check/plan is:
All control surfaces trimmed at a neutral position: Check
Full power: Check
Throw slightly to the right: Check
Dont fly too slow or you will encounter the death spiral: Check
Try not to crash: Check

Any other tips gents?

Thanks

Biggles
FltLtBiggles is offline Find More Posts by FltLtBiggles
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: My first blog post
Old Aug 31, 2012, 09:07 AM
Australia, TAS, Claremont
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
add some expo and make up some duel rates (i use 45% on the ailerons and 100% on the elevator for normal flying) , i found it rolls alot easier than it lifts and i also gave mine just a bit of reflex (a bit of up elevator) that i set to a switch just for take offs and landings.
One of the main things i did that helped alot was changing to an apc 6x4 prop which i found really helps with take off, i am using the stock motor/esc and it works fine.

Hope this helps
harlyquin76 is offline Find More Posts by harlyquin76
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:57 AM
Parkflyer Extraordinaire
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Feb 2009
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harlyquin76 View Post
add some expo and make up some duel rates (i use 45% on the ailerons and 100% on the elevator for normal flying) , i found it rolls alot easier than it lifts and i also gave mine just a bit of reflex (a bit of up elevator) that i set to a switch just for take offs and landings.
One of the main things i did that helped alot was changing to an apc 6x4 prop which i found really helps with take off, i am using the stock motor/esc and it works fine.

Hope this helps
Thanks Harlyquin - going to go fly now. will let you know how I get on.
FltLtBiggles is offline Find More Posts by FltLtBiggles
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: My first blog post