HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 01, 2012, 03:14 PM
Owatonna MN 55060
Joined Sep 2005
1,821 Posts
One of these on a 10mm stick glued to the inside bottom of the fuse should work http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...mount-EFLM1915

That might be too low KV and too much weight to work well in the RadJet. Try it with the stock motor on 4s first.
Gohmer is offline Find More Posts by Gohmer
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2012, 11:09 AM
Gravity hates me.
Joined Aug 2011
182 Posts
Is the correct CG in the middle of the two circles on the underside of the wing?
3dRCrazy is offline Find More Posts by 3dRCrazy
Old Aug 03, 2012, 12:00 PM
Owatonna MN 55060
Joined Sep 2005
1,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dRCrazy View Post
Is the correct CG in the middle of the two circles on the underside of the wing?
That might be too far back, depending on who put the decals on it.

Mine balance just behind the front edge of the finger hold notch.
Old Aug 04, 2012, 08:43 AM
Switzerland
Joined Sep 2008
920 Posts
Hi,
I received my radjet yesterday.
How do you fix the omega profil? (see picture)
I don't want to glue it as I want to remove the upper part of the fuselage.
I was thinking of using magnets.
What are the sticker of the opposite side of the fuselage? It is for removeing the omega profil with a rod

For the first fly, how much elevons mouvement should I put?
Cid156 is offline Find More Posts by Cid156
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Miniquad WSk250
Old Aug 04, 2012, 11:39 AM
Home of A-10 - Farmingdale NY
United States, NH, Londonderry
Joined Dec 2006
919 Posts
I have to ask after reading through this thread....what kind of speed increase do you get when you upgrade to a say 4S 1300...from a 3S....and can that be significantly increased by the removal of the wing tanks?

Thanks,
-mike
boiko is offline Find More Posts by boiko
Old Aug 04, 2012, 04:59 PM
ZX-10R pilot
USA, TX, Lumberton
Joined Oct 2005
383 Posts
I noticed a small increase in overall speed when I cut my wing tip tanks off. I really noticed extra performance on verticals and decel, it doesn't slow down as fast when cutting the thottle back. Best part about cutting the tanks off is when landing, they don't catch the grass and cause a ground loop.
setxws6 is offline Find More Posts by setxws6
Old Aug 04, 2012, 05:02 PM
ZX-10R pilot
USA, TX, Lumberton
Joined Oct 2005
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid156 View Post
For the first fly, how much elevons mouvement should I put?
Not sure what you mean by your first questions, but as far as rates go...watch out with how much roll rate you put in. It rolls very fast and aggresive, so start out small and increase as you go with rates. Pitch isn't as sensitive.
Old Aug 04, 2012, 07:47 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by setxws6 View Post
Best part about cutting the tanks off is when landing, they don't catch the grass and cause a ground loop.
That's why mine had to go in the end -- they just got broken in half too many times by getting caught on landing to get glued back on straight. One second with an Exacto blade, and I was flying lighter and cleaner.
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Aug 05, 2012, 11:32 AM
You down with EPP?
Houston, Tx
Joined May 2009
6,754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by setxws6 View Post
I noticed a small increase in overall speed when I cut my wing tip tanks off. I really noticed extra performance on verticals and decel, it doesn't slow down as fast when cutting the thottle back. Best part about cutting the tanks off is when landing, they don't catch the grass and cause a ground loop.
You flown your Funjet Ultra yet?
johnnyrocco123 is online now Find More Posts by johnnyrocco123
Old Aug 05, 2012, 12:51 PM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
I think I am about to give up on this bird. I have had nothing by problems with this thing since i got it. had crash #5 today. just a mild one of takeoff, but now my motor is making a bad sound and not sure why. I have spent more time working on this thing then flying it. really annoying plane.
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Aug 05, 2012, 05:45 PM
Joined May 2012
8 Posts
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344206657.634289.jpg
Views: 210
Size: 164.8 KB
Description:

Death Spiral for me today. Wasnt even vertical, just shallow climb and that was that....
Revilo88 is offline Find More Posts by Revilo88
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:23 PM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
ok just found out my turnigy 2836 motor lost the bearing inside of it on the crash I had today. I highly doubt I can find it. any way of getting a new bearing for this motor????
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Aug 05, 2012, 11:20 PM
ZX-10R pilot
USA, TX, Lumberton
Joined Oct 2005
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 View Post
You flown your Funjet Ultra yet?
No! Unfortunately. Ive been procrastinating on getting it finished. All i have to do is glue the vert stabs on, hook up the pushrods to the horns and throw some stickers on, and thats about it! I really need to finish it. Im off work the rest of the week, time to get r done...
Old Aug 05, 2012, 11:26 PM
ZX-10R pilot
USA, TX, Lumberton
Joined Oct 2005
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1 View Post
I think I am about to give up on this bird. I have had nothing by problems with this thing since i got it. had crash #5 today. just a mild one of takeoff, but now my motor is making a bad sound and not sure why. I have spent more time working on this thing then flying it. really annoying plane.
Thats crazy because ive had nothing but a blast with mine. The stock motor is junk because the shaft bends so easy. Im flying with a dons wicked 3000kv and 40A esc with 3s 1300 and its just right. Cruise around 80mph and dives around 100mph and still weighs close to stock weight, so lands easy. Cheap stock servos, pushrods and horns are still rockin too! Its been the best bang for the buck ive had in a long time!
Old Aug 06, 2012, 08:54 AM
Owatonna MN 55060
Joined Sep 2005
1,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1 View Post
ok just found out my turnigy 2836 motor lost the bearing inside of it on the crash I had today. I highly doubt I can find it. any way of getting a new bearing for this motor????
http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...NGS/Categories

Not listed by model. They might know if you email them, or just measure your old ones. Not worth the bother for a cheap motor, just replace it.

Sorry about your troubles with this airplane. Some up trim (on the flap switch) and some aileron on the left stick helps me with launches.